Should a 12 year old eating French fries on the Metro be a crime? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:02:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should a 12 year old eating French fries on the Metro be a crime? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No, John G. Roberts is batsh**t crazy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Should a 12 year old eating French fries on the Metro be a crime?  (Read 3861 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: July 20, 2005, 06:32:18 AM »

It shouldn't be a crime, but it isn't an unconstitutional law.

I hope we don't enter the "Nanny mentality" where we think that the SCOTUS should determine what's "good" for us.

^^^^
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 08:26:52 AM »

I hope we don't enter the "Nanny mentality" where we think that the SCOTUS should determine what's "good" for us.

But sending a 12 year old to jail for eating a french fry is not the "nanny mentality"?

Could you point out where the article says she was sent to jail?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:30:32 AM »

But sending a 12 year old to jail for eating a french fry is not the "nanny mentality"?

Well, arrest and detention.  Also somewhere made it seem like it was a single french fry.

Well, "somewhere" isn't a credible source. Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 08:56:39 AM »

Well, arrest and detention.  Also somewhere made it seem like it was a single french fry.

It think it a credible source, it's just not that important, so I probably won't try and find it again.

Well, I'm just saying that when you say 'somewhere' is your source, it's not a good argument. Doesn't mean your source isn't really credible, but I could say I heard something 'somewhere' and really be making things up.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »

It think it a credible source, it's just not that important, so I probably won't try and find it again.

Well, I'm just saying that when you say 'somewhere' is your source, it's not a good argument. Doesn't mean your source isn't really credible, but I could say I heard something 'somewhere' and really be making things up.

Do I really have to find it, just to prove that  yet again, my arguments are more factual than most people's on this board?

I didn't ask you to find it, I'm merely saying that you shouldn't say 'somewhere' as a source. It's not good debate.

http://www.skeptictank.org/gen1/gen00566.htm

Anyways, seems to be 'french fries' - the titles and word bites like to say 'fry' but it's unlikely she was caught over eating a single fry. It's not really important anyways, I think this is more important:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She knew what she was doing was against the rules, and while the punishment may have been a little overboard it's really her own fault for breaking the rules in the first place considering she knew she was doing something she shouldn't be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies