The Office of Representative Drew (Lab-WI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:10:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Representative Drew (Lab-WI)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Representative Drew (Lab-WI)  (Read 1642 times)
Drew
drewmike87
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2017, 09:59:17 PM by Rep. Drew »

Greetings, Atlasians!

Welcome to my office here in Madison, WI.  I will have staff on duty here as well as in Nyman to handle any constituent questions or concerns.  Feel free to stop in anytime!

I will post information here about my activities in the House, as well as a number of other important matters happening in the region and nation that are pertinent to Atlasian citizens.  

About me and why I'm here:

I'm just a simple Midwestern Someguy who grew increasingly concerned about the activity crisis that is plaguing our region and our nation.  I also wanted to provide a voice for the common citizen, finding answers to their questions and concerns.  They want to be sure that they'll be able to take care of their families, be treated with equal justice under the law, and be able to access the Atlas Forums in an efficient manner.  I know they're counting on me to solve these important challenges and many others, and I couldn't be more ready to take them on.

My experience:

Atlasia Representative: March 2017-present
Speaker of the Lincoln Assembly:  February 2017-March 2017
GCRA Councilman: February 2017-present
Lincoln Assemblyman: January 2017-March 2017

More to come here as the term progresses.  I look forward to serving you!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 12:43:42 AM »

Congrats on being elected into office.
- From JGibson, a fellow Assembly member.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:42 PM »

Good evening Northerners!

I'm here to announce that I am running for reelection next month!  It has been quite the honor to serve as one of your Assemblymen for the past few weeks, and I look forward to serving you for another 2 months. 

As you recall, I first arrived in office via special election, necessitated by a sudden mid-term retirement by a former member of this body.  The Assembly was shorthanded and unable to do much.  I then arrived, helping to pass legislation on issues such as campus gun reform and environmental sustainability.  Additionally, on February 1 I will be joining the Governor's Council on Regional Activity, helping to further stimulate activity in the region.  Gov. Wells is seeking others to join as well.  Let him know if you're interested!

And speaking of Gov. Wells, he is also running for reelection to the Governorship.  He has done an amazing job of getting our region active again.  And not just our region; just ask our friends in Fremont.  They experienced a true activity crisis, and he went out of his way to get them some assistance.  He has my endorsement. 

Also, it is with mixed emotion that we in the Assembly will be saying goodbye to Lt. Gov./Speaker R2D2, as he pursues a seat in the Atlasian Senate next month.  He has done an amazing job handling this dual role while writing and passing bills, and I'm sure he will be a great Senator.  He also has my endorsement.

The elections will be over the weekend of Feb 17-19.  Also don't forget to vote in the special House election this weekend (Jan. 27-29)!  Thank you and Dave bless you!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »

Thank you, Assemblyman. You have my endorsement for re-election, and I look forward to the work you will continue to do in the Assembly.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »

Endorsed for reelection!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »

Endorsed for re-election.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »

Effective today, Feb 1, the Governor's Council on Regional Activity (GCRA) debuts today, of which I am a member.  We are still looking for others to join and help discuss how to make Atlasia active again!
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »

Here is my new campaign banner.  Feel free to stop in and get one to let your friends, neighbors, and community know that you support Drew for Northern Assembly!  Available as yardsigns or bumper stickers.  Proudly made in Atlasia.

Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »

I'm in Baltimore, MD this weekend to attend the Labor Party Convention.  It's always great to meet and greet with fellow Laborites from around the nation.  We're currently holding our primary election for our Labor nominee for President.  It's been a spirited campaign to say the least, and not just within our party!  Laborites, be sure to cast your vote, and everyone, be sure to vote on Feb 17-19 in the general election! 
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »

Good evening Northerners!

A reminder to everyone: VOTE this weekend!  Polls will open at midnight tonight and will be open through the end of Sunday.

There are many different items on the ballot, both candidates and referenda, both at the federal and regional levels.  As you all know, we will have an election for the Northern Assembly of which I am a candidate for reelection.  I have been a part of a productive Assembly over the past month, and I would be honored to receive your vote for another two months.  We will also have a gubernatorial race, where, with your vote, I know that Gov. Wells will continue to make our region proud for another four months.  Then there is an open Senate seat at the federal level.  After seeing the leadership of Speaker/Lt. Governor R2D2 here in the Assembly, I know that he will make a fine Senator.  Elsewhere at the federal level, the entire House will stand for election, and of course, there will be the Presidential election.  Don't stay home this weekend, if you recall, last time there was a tie for the Presidential vote.  Your vote could make the difference to all of Atlasia!

Also, regionally, we have three ballot measures, most notably the Regional Name Change question.  Your feedback during this process has been important to us.  ICYMI, per R2D2, we have given citizens the yes/no option of whether or not they wish to change the name of our beautiful region.  The second part of the ballot question lists the three names that were selected after your input.  This part is optional, but we encourage you to express your opinion on this portion.  Other than this, there are two other ballot questions, one regarding voter registration and one regarding gubernatorial powers in the event of a deadlocked Assembly.  I ask you to carefully consider each question.

So that's what we have in store for the weekend!  Thank you, Dave bless you, Dave bless the North, and Dave bless Atlasia!
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

Thank you to all who have voted so far!  If you haven't already, make sure to head to the polls by the end of the weekend.  The weather is beautiful, so you have no excuse to stay home.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »

Thank you all!

The results are in, and I am proud to say that I will be one of your Assemblymen for two more months!

Also, with your help and feedback, we allowed our citizens to weigh in on whether to adopt a new name for our great region.  We listened to all viewpoints, and amended the ballot accordingly.  The ayes have it, and we have our winning name.  With that I say: Welcome to Lincoln!

I want to also congratulate my incumbent colleague JGibson, along with newly elected assemblymen Lok1999, Spark498, and CXSmith!  And of course let's congratulate Gov. Wells on his reelection, and R2D2 for his election to the Senate!

As for me, I'm planning to be more active than ever in the coming term.  First, I will continue working on the GCRA, looking for ways to stimulate activity in the region.  I'm also working on writing new legislation, addressing workers' rights, game reform, and other topics.  I can't wait to get started next term with an expanded Assembly.  And finally, I have been and will continue to work on updating the AtlasWiki.  I have already informed Senator and National Archivist Scott that I'm willing to help and he has accepted help from anyone who is interested.

With that, thank you all, Dave bless you, Dave bless LINCOLN, and Dave bless Atlasia!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »

Congrats on your reelection, Drew.

- Lincoln (North) AM JGibson.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »

Happy Saturday everyone!

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to serve as your Speaker for the 4th Assembly.  I'm excited to begin this new term and to continue to serve the people of Lincoln in this new capacity. 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »

Congrats on becoming Speaker; you'll do the north proud
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 08:25:57 AM »

Y'all gave the North a dumb name, remember?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 08:26:25 AM »

Don't blame me I voted for Franklin
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 06:29:38 PM »

Libertarian decries democratically determined regional name change. More at 11.

Congratulations, Mr. Speaker! I'm more than honored to pass the title of Speaker on to you. I couldn't imagine anyone who's more fitting to serve in the role.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »

Greetings, Lincolnites and Atlasians,

I'm here to announce today that I've been appointed to the Atlasia House of Representatives!  I am humbled and honored to earn Chairman Blair's appointment to fill the open seat in the House.  I look forward to working in a bipartisan manner with President DFW and the Federalists in the House, bringing a new Laborite voice to our Federal Government to fight for the working people of Atlasia. 

Though I am excited for this next chapter in public service, I will miss working with my Lincolnite colleagues in the regional government.  I enjoyed my time working with Governor Wells and my fellow Assemblymen to serve the people of Lincoln.

I also hereby announce that I intend to seek reelection to the House in the April election.  I will soon submit my resignation from the Lincoln Assembly and swear into the House.

Thank you everyone, may Dave bless you, Dave bless Lincoln, and Dave bless Atlasia!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 07:35:09 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Representative!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »

Congratulations!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 01:27:38 PM »

I am very happy to hear this news. The House of Representatives will definitely benefit from Drew Mike's presence. But we'll sure miss him in the Northern Assembly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies