Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:04:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?  (Read 2141 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:31:14 AM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election, are happy with what they created now that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Donald Trump signals the end of the current western democratic world order. Anyone?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:06:11 AM »

Although I am a supporter of HRC, I saw that Tender admitted that he rather wanted her to win despite obvious trolling throughout the course of the campaign.

I can understand why many were upset aftor some Democrats were revealed to be biased against Bernie, but what I don't understand is the actual "cheating" during the primaries that Hillary was supposedly in charge of (they're no better than the alt right conspiracy theorists that believe in fake news) and also wanted to point fingers at minority voters for being "low info" and "voting for name recognition."

I think that many of them are truly unhappy after Trump got elected, but some of them want to hate Hillary because it makes them feel more powerful. Yet, that's one of the reasons why Democrats don't have a majority in anything.

One of these days, I hope that establishment and progressive Democrats can unite and actually start winning again instead of us being way more divided than the GOP. All of this unnecessary fighting and disunity needs to kick the bucket.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2017, 07:19:56 AM by Kalwejt »

Depends of what you mean by anti-Hillary. I'm hardly a fan of her, I had a lot of issues, but once she became the nominee, it was just immature not to support her, given all that was on stake.

Yes, I'm far from happy.

"Never Hillary" leftists were naturally "useful idiots".
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:30:28 AM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election, are happy with what they created now that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Donald Trump signals the end of the current western democratic world order. Anyone?

Quit blaming people for the election. It was her campaign's fault and nothing more. No one demographic, or group, or whatever can be blamed - it's all her incompetent campaign who thought they had it in the bag and never gave it their all. Yeah, #NeverHillary leftists were annoying. But they had a right to vote for whomever they choose, so goddamnit if they saw flaws in a person with flaws. They have to deal with consequences, but so do all of us.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:43:59 AM »

I'm not happy Trump won, and got millions and a majority of the working class to vote for his, corporate, right-wing, anti-worker, anti-healthcare agenda.

I am happy that the Hillary brand of 16' (corporatism, neoliberal, free trade, centrist appeal to suburbanites, snearing down at the working class) is thrown in the dustbin of history though.

Hopefully Trump will be an absolute failure (which I expect him to), continue to attack the working class, loosen labour regulation, gut healthcare and social security, and the democrats will win in 2020, winning back WWC who voted for Trump, and destroy the neo-liberal economic consensus, the free trade, globalisation, and service orientated economy, and with an economically leftist, pro-worker platform, that appeals to Appalachia, and whites the working class and not Orange County, or upper-middle class suburbanites.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »

I didn't vote for her in the primary but I supported her noneoftheless. These folks you speak of are NEVER happy. It doesn't mean they are bad people or even mostly wrong, though.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »

after 8 years of trump and post-2018 constitutional changes, every more or less small-d democratic citizen not voting for HRC is going to curse him/herself.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »

The candidate they (or the vast majority of them) voted for lost. Why would they be happy?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election,
You're saying it was the people on your side of the aisle pointing out the corruption and not the corruption itself that cost her the election?  That's a strange thing to take away from it.  You want people to ignore sh**tty things politicians on your side do?  You think this is sound future election strategy?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »

I'm not happy about Trump getting elected,
I only hope the Dems learn their lesson
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

Roll Eyes

It was first and foremost crappy Hillary herself who's to blame for that catastrophic loss, not us who didn't like her from the start. And the general smugness of the naive Democrats running her campaign and detachedness towards working class whites, in favour of minorities. When you ignore and take for granted a segment of your base that won you elections for decades, it's no wonder that they revolted and broke her neck on election day.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »

Yeah, right, blame the people who tried to warn you about all the flaws of your oh-so-perfect candidate and who were proven entirely correct by this election's outcome. Roll Eyes

#HillbotLogic
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 01:02:10 PM »

Yeah, right, blame the people who tried to warn you about all the flaws of your oh-so-perfect candidate and who were proven entirely correct by this election's outcome. Roll Eyes

#HillbotLogic

Whilst I'm no fan of Hillary, surely the hyperbole of the more rabid opponents of Hillary on the left (who, ironically, seemed to pick up and use anti-Hillary tropes that originated on the right) regarding how corrupt she was contributed significantly to her being a flawed candidate? I mean, I think she was a bad candidate, but I think her predicament was made significantly worse by the image of her as this ultra-corrupt right-wing Democrat that was crafted during the primary season, with significant input from elements of the pro-Sanders left.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »

Uh Tony you were not an anti-Hillary leftist.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 01:14:58 PM »

Probably. Our chances of going to war with Russia plummeted because she lost.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2017, 07:48:03 PM by True Federalist »

Go back to making Lego bricks and spare us the inanity of your tired and tendentious hot takes on US politics.
Dude give it a damn rest.  If everyone is going to say that to me you need to hear it too.  Being bitter will do nothing now.  
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »

I have a friend whose entire political ideology seems to be hatred of everything Clinton - for the record, she's extremely intelligent and well-versed in politics - and she wrote-in Bernie Sanders on her ballot. While she is probably personally very upset and annoyed with the election results, you wouldn't know that from her Facebook feed, which has pretty much been constant gloating for two months now.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »

The leftists didn't cost Hillary the election.  That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.  Hillary cost herself the election by being a terrible person and candidate.  And no I'm not happy that Trump is the president. 
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »

#HillbotLogic

Whilst I'm no fan of Hillary, surely the hyperbole of the more rabid opponents of Hillary on the left (who, ironically, seemed to pick up and use anti-Hillary tropes that originated on the right) regarding how corrupt she was contributed significantly to her being a flawed candidate? I mean, I think she was a bad candidate, but I think her predicament was made significantly worse by the image of her as this ultra-corrupt right-wing Democrat that was crafted during the primary season, with significant input from elements of the pro-Sanders left.

I doubt that Clinton's critics on the left would have been quiet even with Sanders out of the contest; if anything, Clinton is fortunate that Sanders was there to bring some of the less belligerent Clinton skeptics on the left more firmly into the Democratic coalition rather than getting preoccupied with third-party organizing that would have posed a much larger problem for Clinton's candidacy. Clinton's share of the vote among Democrats didn't drop significantly compared to Obama, and the voters who failed to match 2008-2012 turnout were from groups that tended to align with Clinton during the primaries, so I'm not sure where the thrust of this criticism is even supposed to fall.

Simply that the biggest drag for Clinton in the election campaign seemed to be the perception of her (correct or not) as dishonest and corrupt, personified most in her long-lasting travails over her emails, and to a lesser extent her connections to Wall Street and wealthy donors. My take, such as it is, has always been that this perception of her wasn't a particularly significant problem until the primary season got underway in late 2015, when the Sanders camp began using it in their critiques of her. Given that Sanders got such a huge amount of exposure for a candidate comparatively far to the left of the Democratic party's mainstream, this had the knock on effect of helping the perception of her as dishonest and corrupt seep into the conscious of the general public who were perhaps not following the election closely but nonetheless had vague views on the major candidates. Of course, you can't blame the Sanders camp for this solely; the media played a key role in popularising this image of Clinton, the Republicans piled in too and Clinton herself didn't do a good job of refuting these allegations (which in my view were often more than mere allegations). Moreover, as you noted Sanders came out to bat for Clinton very strongly in the election campaign which probably helped avoid bigger losses to non-voting/other candidates. However, by that point the damage was already done to her image. To be clear, I don't think the anti-Clinton left were particularly responsible for her defeat, but they did play a part in her campaign's death by a thousand cuts.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »

Roll Eyes

It was first and foremost crappy Hillary herself who's to blame for that catastrophic loss, not us who didn't like her from the start. And the general smugness of the naive Democrats running her campaign and detachedness towards working class whites, in favour of minorities. When you ignore and take for granted a segment of your base that won you elections for decades, it's no wonder that they revolted and broke her neck on election day.

To be fair, she didn't give a s*** about minorities either.  She didn't show any interest at all in Standing Rock which is a matter of life and death for a lot of Native Americans, and she she had a terrible attitude towards BLM activists throughout her campaign.  That's why so many African-Americans stayed home on election day.  A Bangladeshi-American college student from New York described Hillary's feminism as "white feminism" and I couldn't agree more.  Hillary's message was appealing to the Lena Dunhams of the world, not the single moms who work two jobs to get by.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election,
You're saying it was the people on your side of the aisle pointing out the corruption and not the corruption itself that cost her the election?  That's a strange thing to take away from it.  You want people to ignore sh**tty things politicians on your side do?  You think this is sound future election strategy?

Thank you.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 02:18:28 PM »

I see the silver lining, but that doesn't mean there's no cloud
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 02:27:31 PM »

Clinton did not lose because of anti-Hillary leftists.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »

Quit blaming people for the election. It was her campaign's fault and nothing more. No one demographic, or group, or whatever can be blamed - it's all her incompetent campaign who thought they had it in the bag and never gave it their all. Yeah, #NeverHillary leftists were annoying. But they had a right to vote for whomever they choose, so goddamnit if they saw flaws in a person with flaws. They have to deal with consequences, but so do all of us.

Hillary had no flaws. She was absolutely perfect! /s
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

Hillary had no flaws. She was absolutely perfect! /s

Well I mean if a straight white right handed protestant male had done what she did the racist patriarchy would have applauded.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies