Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:29:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?  (Read 2154 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election, are happy with what they created now that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Donald Trump signals the end of the current western democratic world order. Anyone?

Quit blaming people for the election. It was her campaign's fault and nothing more. No one demographic, or group, or whatever can be blamed - it's all her incompetent campaign who thought they had it in the bag and never gave it their all. Yeah, #NeverHillary leftists were annoying. But they had a right to vote for whomever they choose, so goddamnit if they saw flaws in a person with flaws. They have to deal with consequences, but so do all of us.

Hillary had no flaws. She was absolutely perfect! /s

Well I mean if a straight white right handed protestant male had done what she did the racist patriarchy would have applauded.

Look, any qualms over Hillary Clinton is due to inherent sexism and right-wing conspiracy fake news gibber-jabber.

/s
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »

If anything OP & all the Hillary voters should tender an unconditional apology for electing Trump. You people essentially elected Trump knowing the baggage she had.

Hillary is the reason Trump is POTUS & the harm he will do is all on Hillary & her supporters !
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

If anything OP & all the Hillary voters should tender an unconditional apology for electing Trump. You people essentially elected Trump knowing the baggage she had.

Hillary is the reason Trump is POTUS & the harm he will do is all on Hillary & her supporters !

It was her turn. It's as simple as that.

/s
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »

The problem was that the Republicans nominated a sick joke. Donald Trump was a dreadful candidate for President, and on occasion, sick jokes win elections.  We are safest when we have two strong candidates against each other.

On Friday -- India becomes the most powerful country in the Free World, and Switzerland becomes the oldest democracy. Thank you, Trump voters.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 03:17:38 PM »

The problem was that the Republicans nominated a sick joke. Donald Trump was a dreadful candidate for President, and on occasion, sick jokes win elections.  We are safest when we have two strong candidates against each other.

On Friday -- India becomes the most powerful country in the Free World, and Switzerland becomes the oldest democracy. Thank you, Trump voters.

he was a relatively strong candidate for the states the GOP needed to win the election
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »

Uh Tony you were not an anti-Hillary leftist.

Well, no, since obviously a T***p Presidency would have been (and will be) infinitely worse than a Hillary Presidency in every possible respect. That doesn't mean I ever thought Hillary was a good candidate. I said I thought she was a terrible one at several points during the campaign (and it brings me no joy to know that I was right).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »

Yes it's people like a certain I-CA mental midget who are being referred to here, not you.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »

The loss of Hillary wasn't really shocking or surprising to me, especially seen in an Austrian perspective: While we have already 30 years of experience with far-right populist parties (the FPÖ and later the BZÖ, which is now defunct), the US never had any experience with that recently and also didn't have experience with the Holocaust. So, voters in the US had no "historic conscience" to look back to, as did many Austrians before the December runoff - by watching the powerful "Gertrude"-video, which is quite likely to have handed the election to the left-winger Van der Bellen over right-winger Hofer. Trump, like Hillary, was a terrible candidate, but he understood the mood of the voters better and especially the mood of voters where it mattered to win the election. I already posted back in early 2015 that Trump would very likely win the primaries and the Presidency and I always find it funny when the media here talks about an "Austrian Trump", when it was in fact Trump and his campaign that copied or advanced the FPÖ's successful campaign strategy over the years to win the election ...
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »

The main thing Hillary did wrong was try to convince moderate Republucans to vote for her. That usually doesn't work, and it was even sillier in this case because of how unpopular she is. Most moderates on the GOP were reluctantly supporting Trump by September, when the general election campaign began.

Also by doing that she alienated many progressives.  When you have 2 right wing candidates running, the authentic right winger always wins.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »

The loss of Hillary wasn't really shocking or surprising to me, especially seen in an Austrian perspective: While we have already 30 years of experience with far-right populist parties (the FPÖ and later the BZÖ, which is now defunct), the US never had any experience with that recently and also didn't have experience with the Holocaust. So, voters in the US had no "historic conscience" to look back to, as did many Austrians before the December runoff - by watching the powerful "Gertrude"-video, which is quite likely to have handed the election to the left-winger Van der Bellen over right-winger Hofer. Trump, like Hillary, was a terrible candidate, but he understood the mood of the voters better and especially the mood of voters where it mattered to win the election. I already posted back in early 2015 that Trump would very likely win the primaries and the Presidency and I always find it funny when the media here talks about an "Austrian Trump", when it was in fact Trump and his campaign that copied or advanced the FPÖ's successful campaign strategy over the years to win the election ...
This is not directed at only you, Tender...but really?

Democrats, and specifically Bernie Sanders supporters....are responsible for Hillary's loss?  And if not, Trump's victory was because we don't have the conscience of "having been involved in the holocaust"?  

This stuff is out of control.  Stop creating delusions and scapegoats.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »

Would a weak, sick joke candidate be able to win Michigan?

What's your problem? When are you going to accept reality?

Republicans nominated the best candidate they had to offer in 2016. And he won.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2017, 04:10:55 PM »

The left-wing attacks on Clinton, which started even before Bernie's campaign announcement, gave Trump all the ammunition he needed to defeat her in the General Election. Leftist attacks on her as a globalist who supported bad trade deals allowed Trump to run to her left on this critical issue. Leftist attacks on her using the word "superpredator" in 1995 allowed Trump to paint her as a racist and drive down black turnout. Leftist accusations that she was a hawk and warmonger who would get us into a war with Russia allowed Trump to steal anti-war sentiment and the failure of the Iraq war and turn it into an issue that helped him, while defanging her ability to respond to Russian hacks on her campaign. Left-wing accusations that she was corrupt and self-serving were picked up by Trump in his "Crooked Hillary" mantra. Both sides shared the same chant - "Lock Her Up!" shouted protesters at the DNC in July 2016, which were louder and rowdier than any at the RNC. Leftist insistence that she adopt Bernie's far-left platform neutralized her ability to move to the center and run as a DLC Democrat who might have been able to unify liberals and conservatives in a broad-based consensus against Trump. If anything, Trump's case against Hillary was more of a left-wing one than a right-wing one, one that he pulled almost wholesale from the left-wing campaign against her in the primaries. In that sense, we really do have anti-Hillary leftists to thank for president Trump.

The leftist assault on Hillary was all the more absurd in the light of the fact that, even before the "Bernie primary", she was running on a platform that, if enacted, would have resulted in the most progressive status quo in American history.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 06:53:45 PM »

Yes it's people like a certain I-CA mental midget who are being referred to here, not you.

Hillary didn't lose because of Jfern. She lost because of Hillary.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »

The main thing Hillary did wrong was try to convince moderate Republucans to vote for her. That usually doesn't work, and it was even sillier in this case because of how unpopular she is. Most moderates on the GOP were reluctantly supporting Trump by September, when the general election campaign began.

Yeah, it was comical seeing Trump constantly rebound in the polls in scandal after scandal, and yet the Hillary campaign bitterly clung to the delusion that these undecided moderates would break D.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

Having been joined in the same sentence to Jfern, I feel qualified to say that this thread is about me.

No, I am not happy. Even though she grudgingly got my vote in the end, everything I believed about her weakness as a Democratic standard bearer has been borne out; and that's really sad. I wish she had been a better candidate for the times. I wish her campaign had been better. I wish she had campaigned on her platform instead of repeatedly insisting that people were bad because they were going to vote for Trump.

And I'm saddest of all because the idiotic fealty liberals like OP and other posters here hold to corporate, centrist politics denied the Democrats a chance to nominate someone who actually would have beaten Trump and made a great President.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »

These folks you speak of are NEVER happy. It doesn't mean they are bad people or even mostly wrong, though.

I have never known them to display any resemblance of contentment.

But opposition is a crucial part of the democratic process.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-The Black turnout drop in 2016 from 2012 was heavily age-based (youngest fell most); see the chart here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/23/upshot/how-the-obama-coalition-crumbled-leaving-an-opening-for-trump.html
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election, are happy with what they created now that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Donald Trump signals the end of the current western democratic world order. Anyone?

k
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies