Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:05:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are the anti-Hillary leftists happy now?  (Read 2185 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: January 17, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election, are happy with what they created now that it is becoming increasingly apparent that Donald Trump signals the end of the current western democratic world order. Anyone?

The leftists didn't cost Hillary the election.  That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.  Hillary cost herself the election by being a terrible person and candidate.  And no I'm not happy that Trump is the president. 
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:03:22 PM »

Roll Eyes

It was first and foremost crappy Hillary herself who's to blame for that catastrophic loss, not us who didn't like her from the start. And the general smugness of the naive Democrats running her campaign and detachedness towards working class whites, in favour of minorities. When you ignore and take for granted a segment of your base that won you elections for decades, it's no wonder that they revolted and broke her neck on election day.

To be fair, she didn't give a s*** about minorities either.  She didn't show any interest at all in Standing Rock which is a matter of life and death for a lot of Native Americans, and she she had a terrible attitude towards BLM activists throughout her campaign.  That's why so many African-Americans stayed home on election day.  A Bangladeshi-American college student from New York described Hillary's feminism as "white feminism" and I couldn't agree more.  Hillary's message was appealing to the Lena Dunhams of the world, not the single moms who work two jobs to get by.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »

I wonder if the leftists who were cheering against Hillary, calling her currupt, and effectively costing her the election,
You're saying it was the people on your side of the aisle pointing out the corruption and not the corruption itself that cost her the election?  That's a strange thing to take away from it.  You want people to ignore sh**tty things politicians on your side do?  You think this is sound future election strategy?

Thank you.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:48:45 PM »

The main thing Hillary did wrong was try to convince moderate Republucans to vote for her. That usually doesn't work, and it was even sillier in this case because of how unpopular she is. Most moderates on the GOP were reluctantly supporting Trump by September, when the general election campaign began.

Also by doing that she alienated many progressives.  When you have 2 right wing candidates running, the authentic right winger always wins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies