VA-SEN 2018: Laura Ingraham planning a run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:57:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-SEN 2018: Laura Ingraham planning a run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-SEN 2018: Laura Ingraham planning a run  (Read 4517 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« on: January 17, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/15/report-laura-ingraham-considering-challenging-tim-kaine-for-his-senate-seat/amp/

I would look forward to this slaughter.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:52:18 PM »

^^ Lot of flaws in your logic. First of all, she's not more popular with the VA GOP than Barbara Comstock is. Second, the path to GOP victory in VA isn't simply running it up in Appalachia, you also need to get 60-40 in Fairfax, stay close in Prince William, and win in Loudoun County. The only Republican capable of all of this is Comstock (I'm even skeptical of this), because Ingraham is not, and will not be popular with the DC suburb crowd like you think she is. If "Macaca" can sink George Allen in 2006, just imagine how badly the reaction will be to the inevitable incendiary comment she makes in 2018.

You also cite Trump's vote count in the state, but have you forgotten Kaine was also on the ballot? Just saying.

That being said, I don't think a double digit win for any candidate in Virginia is imaginable, but Kaine will win comfortably enough so that Dems can defend elsewhere.

PLEASE DO IT. The GOP nominated Cuccinelli, so this isn't even that far off. She will get DECIMATED. And the down ballot effect will hopefully allow us to pick up a house seat!

Yeah, what I'm hoping for is that Ingraham slings enough mud to ruin Comstock's general election chances and also open up VA-10 for the snatching. VA-02, although much more unlikely, should be contested as well. It's a shame that our legislative elections are on off-years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies