Will there be a leftist version of the Tea Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:16:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will there be a leftist version of the Tea Party?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will there be a leftist version of the Tea Party?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Will there be a leftist version of the Tea Party?  (Read 1718 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »

Probably not identical, but there will be a bat**** insane "leftist" movement rearing its ugly head in the next few years.

What's insane about believing in climate change, having better regulations on big banks, and supporting women's reproductive rights?

Thats not what I was referring to. I was referring to the delusional claims of rigging whenever they lose, hyperfocus on "wall street", smearing of anyone who has a difference of opinion as bought, edgy "anti-captalist" rhetoric despite supporting a capitalist system, protectionist lunacy, advocating policies based on True Leftismtm, oversimplified us vs them(with "them" being "the establishment"), worldview based on emotion instead of logic, etc.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 07:10:22 PM »

Probably not identical, but there will be a bat**** insane "leftist" movement rearing its ugly head in the next few years.

What's insane about believing in climate change, having better regulations on big banks, and supporting women's reproductive rights?

Thats not what I was referring to. I was referring to the delusional claims of rigging whenever they lose, hyperfocus on "wall street", smearing of anyone who has a difference of opinion as bought, edgy "anti-captalist" rhetoric despite supporting a capitalist system, protectionist lunacy, advocating policies based on True Leftismtm, oversimplified us vs them(with "them" being "the establishment"), worldview based on emotion instead of logic, etc.

The religious right are the ones who have a worldview based on emotion...quite literally.

Annnnd....ummm...did you even listen to Trump like 2 weeks before the election?   "The only way I lose this is if it's rigged against me!"   Yeah, he said that.   Republicans are far far worst about claiming "rigging" because it works with their agenda of voter suppression.   At least with the Democrats they aren't saying the Republican Party rigged the election, they're saying Russia interfered (the CIA said the same thing).

There's plenty of examples of what you say on the Republican side too, but maybe you're just blind to it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »

The religious right are the ones who have a worldview based on emotion...quite literally.

Annnnd....ummm...did you even listen to Trump like 2 weeks before the election?   "The only way I lose this is if it's rigged against me!"   Yeah, he said that.   Republicans are far far worst about claiming "rigging" because it works with their agenda of voter suppression.   At least with the Democrats they aren't saying the Republican Party rigged the election, they're saying Russia interfered (the CIA said the same thing).

There's plenty of examples of what you say on the Republican side too, but maybe you're just blind to it.

If that's what it takes.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 02:00:30 PM »

When did I deny that much of the right has similar problems? The right is awful too. But we aren't talking about the right, are we?(well, we weren't before your nonsequiter).
politics_king
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 04:05:31 AM »

I get the feeling that the midterms will really decide the 2020 race because right now there is a big Trump backlash. People didn't take him serious and now the country is like, "WTF did we just get ourselves into."
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 04:58:29 AM »

Yes -- just wittier, more honest, more polite, and ore learned. And not so 'white'.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 04:59:54 AM »

I get the feeling that the midterms will really decide the 2020 race because right now there is a big Trump backlash. People didn't take him serious and now the country is like, "WTF did we just get ourselves into."

Democrats have far more Senate seats at risk, so don;t expect them to win back the Senate. More significant will be gubernatorial races. 
politics_king
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 06:54:03 AM »

Democrats have far more Senate seats at risk, so don;t expect them to win back the Senate. More significant will be gubernatorial races. 

I don't but I think 4 seats are extremely venerable like Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas (Ted Cruz is a sitting duck, the Castro Bros. should be going after Ted Cruz.). The rest I think can hold.
SCNCmod

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 07:50:44 AM »

Not necessarily a "far Left" version ... but I think the Women's March is sort of a general Dem version ... in that its energizing voters- many of whom may not have been very politically active before.

... The Women's March movement will energize even more after Trump's Supreme Ct nom is confirmed... b/c  (assuming Ginsberg etc stay on the court) .. 2020 election will definitely decide if Roe is likely to be overturned or not (b/c if Trump is re-elected he will almost definitely replace 1 or 2 Justices in his 2nd term)
politics_king
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »

Not necessarily a "far Left" version ... but I think the Women's March is sort of a general Dem version ... in that its energizing voters- many of whom may not have been very politically active before.

... The Women's March movement will energize even more after Trump's Supreme Ct nom is confirmed... b/c  (assuming Ginsberg etc stay on the court) .. 2020 election will definitely decide if Roe is likely to be overturned or not (b/c if Trump is re-elected he will almost definitely replace 1 or 2 Justices in his 2nd term)

If Trump is smart, he won't pick a justice that'll overturn it because it feeds the narrative of Men knowing better than Women about their bodies. That decision was made a long time ago, which is why it's stupid that the GOP can try to shove it down people's throat. I think us as a majority don't want abortions to happen but we need to educate everyone on what that decision means. Promote safe-sex, and why not? Sex is great, we all love it and we don't want to have a child if were not ready for it.

You give the proper education, most of us would be like, "Really? Steve is the dude you want to be the father...?" Probably not, cause he seems like an irresponsible .
SCNCmod

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »

If Trump is smart, he won't pick a justice that'll overturn it because it feeds the narrative of Men knowing better than Women about their bodies. That decision was made a long time ago, which is why it's stupid that the GOP can try to shove it down people's throat. I think us as a majority don't want abortions to happen but we need to educate everyone on what that decision means. Promote safe-sex, and why not? Sex is great, we all love it and we don't want to have a child if were not ready for it.

You give the proper education, most of us would be like, "Really? Steve is the dude you want to be the father...?" Probably not, cause he seems like an irresponsible .

Trump's Problem is... he's boxed in on this issue.  1) he has promised to choose from his "list of 16" put out during the election (all of which would likely overturn Roe) ... & 2) The is the top issue for a big part of the far right... which Trump can't have enraged at him.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 08:52:43 AM »

Trump's Problem is... he's boxed in on this issue.  1) he has promised to choose from his "list of 16" put out during the election (all of which would likely overturn Roe) ... & 2) The is the top issue for a big part of the far right... which Trump can't have enraged at him.

He did box himself on the issue, but I don't think it's a be all end all issue. He can get a justice in that will keep Roe v. Wade without making the base lose their minds. Now if he picks a justice that strikes it down, prepare for the bloodbath in the midterms and re-election. The Women's March proved that, most those women will never have to make a decision about abortion or even agree with it, but they don't want old men making that decision for them. It's so much more than that, because they give up their bodies reproductive rights, what's next? Rape? Abuse? Get back in the kitchen? It's extreme but we all know better, our women are some of the bravest and most respected women in the world, their smart and most of us men look to our partner who are majority women to help us have that compassion. Logically, it makes no sense.

I'm just how curious who has Trump's ear, I think at the end of the day it's Ivanka's (I think Ivanka has a real future career in politics cause she's Socially a liberal and is centrist on economics plus she's likable.) husband, Kushner who understands social policy but is still a turd when it comes to economics compared to Bannon who is just a drunk authoritarian who thinks he's world-view is the be all end all. Priebus, who will say whatever his special interest backers want him to push and Conway who is just happy to have some spotlight.
SCNCmod

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 09:24:04 AM by SCNCmod »

He did box himself on the issue, but I don't think it's a be all end all issue. He can get a justice in that will keep Roe v. Wade without making the base lose their minds. Now if he picks a justice that strikes it down, prepare for the bloodbath in the midterms and re-election. The Women's March proved that, most those women will never have to make a decision about abortion or even agree with it, but they don't want old men making that decision for them. It's so much more than that, because they give up their bodies reproductive rights, what's next? Rape? Abuse? Get back in the kitchen? It's extreme but we all know better, our women are some of the bravest and most respected women in the world, their smart and most of us men look to our partner who are majority women to help us have that compassion. Logically, it makes no sense.

I'm just how curious who has Trump's ear, I think at the end of the day it's Ivanka's (I think Ivanka has a real future career in politics cause she's Socially a liberal and is centrist on economics plus she's likable.) husband, Kushner who understands social policy but is still a turd when it comes to economics compared to Bannon who is just a drunk authoritarian who thinks he's world-view is the be all end all. Priebus, who will say whatever his special interest backers want him to push and Conway who is just happy to have some spotlight.

Trump's Problem is... he probably won't get the chance to back off of the issue.. prior to 2020 re-election...Because...

He will appoint someone from his list- like William Pryor- to replace Scalia... Which Keeps the court in favor of Roe by the same 5-4 vote.....

Then assuming Trump doesn't get to make another appointment before 2020.... We will go in the the 2020 election, knowing that at least one of the "pro-Roe" votes (Ginsberg, Kennedy, or Breyer) will most likely be replaced by the next President (thus deciding if the court flips on Roe or not)

So if Trump wins 2020.. the assumption will be (and he will pledge during re-election campaign) to appoint a conservative Justice (assumption being overturning Roe)..... VS .... if a Dem wins in 2020, a liberal Justice will replace one of the "pro-Roe" Justices... And Roe stays in tact.

So this will all come to a head during the 2020 election campaign... where all signs will point to the next President appointing the a Justice that will determine if Roe is overturned or not.  So Women March movement will be more motivated than ever during the 2020 election (& Trump will not have the opportunity to assange the fears of Pro-Choicers prior to the election).
politics_king
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »

Trump's Problem is... he probably won't get the chance to back off of the issue.. prior to 2020 re-election...Because...

He will appoint someone from his list- like William Pryor- to replace Scalia... Which Keeps the court in favor of Roe by the same 5-4 vote.....

Then assuming Trump doesn't get to make another appointment before 2020.... We will go in the the 2020 election, knowing that at least one of the "pro-Roe" votes (Ginsberg, Kennedy, or Breyer) will most likely be replaced by the next President (thus deciding if the court flips on Roe or not)

So if Trump wins 2020.. the assumption will be (and he will pledge during re-election campaign) to appoint a conservative Justice (assumption being overturning Roe)..... VS .... if a Dem wins in 2020, a liberal Justice will replace one of the "pro-Roe" Justices... And Roe stays in tact.

So this will all come to a head during the 2020 election campaign... where all signs will point to the next President appointing the a Justice that will determine if Roe is overturned or not.  So Women March movement will be more motivated than ever during the 2020 election (& Trump will not have the opportunity to assange the fears of Pro-Choicers prior to the election).

Trump if he's politically smart will nominate someone who is a little in the dark voting wise on the issue. Roe v. Wade shouldn't be overturned, it's going to cause a mess in the country. Could you imagine a "dark-web" market for abortions, it'd be crazy. Educate, educate, educate our young people about safe sex and what abortion is. I know quite a few friends of mine who had to go through it and it's an extremely tough decision. I always told pro-life voters (I've campaigned before) that a women walks around like... "Oh, I'm pregnant. I'll just get an abortion and it'll be ok." No! Because it's a hard decision, depending on social status, etc.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:35 PM »

It's already starting. Tulsi will lead the coalition
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2017, 08:51:00 PM »

I hope we have Pepe the Lizard as  mascot!
SCNCmod

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »

Trump if he's politically smart will nominate someone who is a little in the dark voting wise on the issue. Roe v. Wade shouldn't be overturned, it's going to cause a mess in the country. Could you imagine a "dark-web" market for abortions, it'd be crazy. Educate, educate, educate our young people about safe sex and what abortion is. I know quite a few friends of mine who had to go through it and it's an extremely tough decision. I always told pro-life voters (I've campaigned before) that a women walks around like... "Oh, I'm pregnant. I'll just get an abortion and it'll be ok." No! Because it's a hard decision, depending on social status, etc.

This is true... if he is politically smart.  I would suggest he is smart when it comes to Branding & the Media... but not Politically Smart.

Meet William Pryor.. Trump's likely Supreme Court Contender...
The leading prediction for Trump's Supreme Court nominee to replace Scalia is ... William Pryor.  He went to a regional college in Louisiana & Tulane Law School (so not an outstanding academic).  He is from Alabama & was Jeff Sessions deputy Attorney General of Alabama.   Pryor said the Roe v. Wade was the "worst abomination in the history of constitutional law."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 11:10:01 PM »

This is true... if he is politically smart.  I would suggest he is smart when it comes to Branding & the Media... but not Politically Smart.

Meet William Pryor.. Trump's likely Supreme Court Contender...
The leading prediction for Trump's Supreme Court nominee to replace Scalia is ... William Pryor.  He went to a regional college in Louisiana & Tulane Law School (so not an outstanding academic).  He is from Alabama & was Jeff Sessions deputy Attorney General of Alabama.   Pryor said the Roe v. Wade was the "worst abomination in the history of constitutional law."

Tulane isn't a top school, but its a ranked school. It makes sense as a populist to nominate a middle class instead of an upper class lawyer and he is still a good lawyer. He is replacing a Scalia with a Scalia, so it could work out for him. If he gives a f uck, he will nominate a Kennedy or OCoonor like person to replace Kennedy or Ginsberg. So that he will suceed in moving the Court to the right, but not enough to overturn Roe or even Brown.

If he nominates and gets confirmed another Federalist Society person, who only believes in a verbatum read of the Constitution, then he is just a slash and burn type and sh it is going to hit the fan no matter what. I think it will happen.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies