Did your parents love you
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:40:25 am
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did your parents love you
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Did your parents love you  (Read 2409 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 02:18:01 pm »

Thankfully yes they do.

I can't exactly express much in text, but I'm sorry.  I think you're a good person who deserves love, and I wish you the best of luck Scarlet.

Thank you...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 02:39:10 pm »

My parent(s) did/does love me and they taught me the eternal value of unconditional love.
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 07:44:49 pm »

Nope not really. -huggles- I'm here if you need to talk scarlet
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 09:16:10 pm »

Nope not really. -huggles- I'm here if you need to talk scarlet

Thanks...
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 09:45:31 pm »

I feel sad when folks say that their parents didn't love them.  I hope it's just a function of being young for some, but, unfortunately, I've seen, up close and personal, examples of folks who really don't love their children.

I do believe that God, our Heavenly Father, wishes to fill that void, and stands ready to do so, but it's up to each individual to allow Him to fill that particular void in their lives.  I will pray for all who are troubled on this issue.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:37 pm »

I feel sad when folks say that their parents didn't love them.  I hope it's just a function of being young for some, but, unfortunately, I've seen, up close and personal, examples of folks who really don't love their children.

I do believe that God, our Heavenly Father, wishes to fill that void, and stands ready to do so, but it's up to each individual to allow Him to fill that particular void in their lives.  I will pray for all who are troubled on this issue.

It is often true, I come from a dysfunctional and somewhat abusive home life, which would explain but not excuse some of my previous dumb behavior here, though I think I have cooled down a bit in past couple of months.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 05:14:17 am »

It is often true, I come from a dysfunctional and somewhat abusive home life, which would explain but not excuse some of my previous dumb behavior here, though I think I have cooled down a bit in past couple of months.

I would also point out that "love" is a verb, as well as a noun.

"Loving" is an action word.  My wife and I adopted our step-grandson, now age 12; we have done most of the work of raising him since he was 2.  My son and my daughter-in-law say they love him, and they did/do at a certain level.  As for the action part, they suck at it.  They were too addicted, and, now, they are too ego-driven and don't deal well with the fact that we are not allowing them any say in how he will be raised.  (They're not his parents anymore; legally and actually.  And I'm not going to take direction in raising a child I'm responsible for from folks who are unable to properly manage their own lives, especially when I'm not required to do so.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 09:31:12 am »

I've been very blessed to have wonderful relationships with both my parents. I realize that's rare and I don't take it for granted.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2018, 09:37:02 am »
« Edited: March 10, 2018, 09:43:22 am by Parrotguy »

I feel sad when folks say that their parents didn't love them.  I hope it's just a function of being young for some, but, unfortunately, I've seen, up close and personal, examples of folks who really don't love their children.

I do believe that God, our Heavenly Father, wishes to fill that void, and stands ready to do so, but it's up to each individual to allow Him to fill that particular void in their lives.  I will pray for all who are troubled on this issue.

I agree with the first sentiment, but I just want to point out that religion is not the only way to fill that void. In my uneducated (given that my parents do love me very much) opinion, it can be filled by friends, other family members, a partner and, barring that, even loving yourself, dedicating time for doing things you love, and generally trying to strive for something and make your life better. Religion is not always the answer when you have this void, especially if you feel like the values of a religion are opposed to your own values or even your very existence and identity. In conclusion, to each their own.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:48 am »

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2018, 11:19:27 am »

i'm pretty sure God hates me
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 06:02:13 pm »

Yes, but (at least for my dad) it seems to be the tough, conditional love, so...
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2018, 06:58:00 pm »

i'm pretty sure God hates me

"For God so loved the World that he gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have Everlasting Life."  (John 3:16)

"For I am the LORD; I change not."  (Malachi 3:6)

"Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today, and forever."  (Hebrews 13:Cool

His Love is not based on our merit; it's because of His Grace.

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2018, 07:14:46 pm »

I've been very blessed to have wonderful relationships with both my parents. I realize that's rare and I don't take it for granted.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 11:26:41 pm »

Very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery.

My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really.

At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

I grew up on a farm, right in the middle of Boston. My story is that of many Americans: my father was a Harvard professor working ten hours a week, and his own parents had left him very well off, with two summer estates. My mother worked fourteen-hour days, and there were some days she would go without food so we could have another half slice of bread.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2018, 08:01:44 am »

No....and that's why I'm a spoiled brat.  LOL, just kidding!! Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies