FE5: Protected Parenthood Fremont Act of 2017 (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE5: Protected Parenthood Fremont Act of 2017 (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FE5: Protected Parenthood Fremont Act of 2017 (Statute)  (Read 542 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 18, 2017, 07:39:30 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2017, 01:29:19 AM by Speaker 1184AZ »

AN ACT
To strengthen the the families of Fremont and
to protect expectant and nursing mothers and their children

SECTION 1. TITLE

The title of this act shall be “Protected Parenthood Fremont Act of 2017.” It may be cited as the “P.P.F.A.”

SECTION 2. EMPLOYER INFORMATION

1. In order for this bill's measures to be activated, the expectant mother, who is employed, must inform their employer of their pregnancy and the expected date of delivery.
2. The employer may not disseminate information about an employee's pregnancy to a third party without permission.

SECTION 3. MATERNITY LEAVE AND PARENTAL LEAVE

1. The mother has the right to 14 weeks of maternity leave after the child's birth. The employer has to pay at least either the same amount of a 13-week wages average or of the last 3 months before pregnancy.
2. Either parent has the right to 3 years of unpaid parental leave.
3. Employees exercising their right for maternity or parental leave are protected from loss of employment due to dismissal.

SECTION 4. MOTHER AND CHILD PROTECTION AT THE WORKPLACE

1. Employers have to protect a healthy and safe work environment for expecting and for nursing mothers.
2. Employers have to provide an adequate break room that can accommodate a reclining chair for expecting and nursing mothers who require it for their well being.
3. Expecting mothers are not permitted to perform heavy, physical labor or to work with or amongst materials, substances, and gases or in extreme elements, that could be deemed potentially hazardous to their health.
4. Expecting and nursing mothers are not permitted to work at night between 8.00 pm and 6.00 am.
5. Expecting and nursing mothers are not permitted to work overtime.
6. Expecting and nursing mothers are not permitted to work more than 8 1/2 hours daily or 90 hours in 2-week period.
7. Expecting and nursing mothers under 18 are not permitted to work more than 8 hours daily or 80 hours in a 2-week period.

SECTION 5. PROTECTION PERIOD

1. Expecting mothers do not have to work during the last 6 weeks of their projected pregnancy, but may do so as long as they formally state their intention to work during this period.
2. New mothers are not allowed to return to work until 8 weeks have passed since the date of their child's birth.
3. For premature, multiple and cesarean births, the return date to work is extended automatically to 12 weeks after birth.

Sponsor:simossad Labor
-----------
48 hours for debate.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:26 PM »

As the eldest son of a single mother, I know exactly how vitally important this issue is to families around our region. I have a few concerns with some provisions of this bill, but I'll wait to hear the sponsor's opening remarks before saying anything more.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker, for bringing this bill to the floor. I also would like to thank Governor Truman who has shared his experiences and his family background with the Assembly, which are, frankly, similar to mine. I would like to explain myself and the measures I put down in this act.

This is the first piece of legislation I introduce to the Assembly as a freshly elected Assemblyman. I am indeed still an outsider in our political process, and some provisions in this act may display this fact. But before you ask yourself why you should accept measures invented by a political newcomer which might even be considered as radical, I have to inform you that I actually invented none of these measures. These measures are laws in different European countries. And they are not even heavily debated.

Most of these measures were introduced in the 1960s. Nowadays, these laws are seen as natural and self-evident in some of the worlds strongest economies, and not even the most fiscally conservative European politicians dare to question these procedures. The United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, China – all these countries have takes steps a long time ago that are similar to what I just proposed to be introduced in the Region of Fremont. They are just three countries in the world that have not taken any action to balance work and family are the State of Papua New Guinea, the Kingdom of Lesotho and the Republic of Atlasia. This is not just embarrassing, this also contradicts our pledge to progress and renewal.

So, I could end my remark now by just saying 'Why should you vote for these measures? Because they work out.' But I want to explain these provisions section by section.

Section two, in my opinion, speaks for itself, because it is only fair for the employer, who also must prepare himself to the upcoming dismissal of one of the employees. Meanwhile, the employer is obligated to respect the personal privacy of the expectant mother.

Section three makes it easier for parents to spend time with their new born children and to personally take care of them. I should not be a novelty for the members of the Assembly that young children – and I talk about very young children – to need particular attention. This act helps especially low-income families and single mothers or fathers. Being a parent is the hardest job on the planet. They do a great service to our country by keeping our civilization, our values, our knowledge, our future alive. When we are old, when we need people to take care of us, when we are not able to shape the world around us anymore, it will be the future generations who take care of us, of our country, of our planet. Making this possible is the special credit of every single parent in this region. We should, as the Region of Fremont, provide that parenthood is not seen as a burden, but as a chance and a service to our country. A successful education is founded on love and care, and the first weeks of a new life are essential for that. That is why we need paid maternity leave and parental leave. We need it to change the status of parenthood.

The measures in section four and five are self-evident and common sense for everyone who wants our children not to be injured or harmed due to inappropriate working conditions.

I would be happy to answer your question and to respond to your concerns.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

This seems like a fair piece of legislation that will afford new mothers a longer period of time with their kids, as well as giving additional protection to expectant mothers in the workplace. I will support this bill.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »

I reluctantly support this legislation, though some of the requirements seem too onerous on employers for me, in particular the 8 1/2 hour maximum. 
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 04:31:36 PM »

My thanks to Legislator Simossad for his thorough and thoughtful remarks. As stated previously, I am broadly in favor of this bill, and will happily sign it when and if it is adopted by the Assembly.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 09:39:19 PM »

Seeing a general consensus of support for this proposed bill I will bring this bill  to a 24 hour vote.
Please vote Aye, Nay,or Abstain on the proposed bill.
------------
Aye
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 02:39:02 AM »

Aye!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 11:10:32 PM »

This bill passes with 2 ayes and 1 not voting. This bill goes to the Govrenors desk for his signature or veto.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 01:23:54 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies