CIA tells Republicans to leave Wilson alone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CIA tells Republicans to leave Wilson alone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CIA tells Republicans to leave Wilson alone  (Read 1762 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:21:29 AM »

Bush pourposefully knocked Rovegate out of the news for a day with  his nomination announcement, but time to go back to Rovegate.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/7/20/63633/1672
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:28:43 AM »

Non-story with a misleading title.  These are former CIA analysts, not the current leadership of the CIA.

This is probably why it is being roundly ignored by the mainstream media.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »

Non-story with a misleading title.  These are former CIA analysts, not the current leadership of the CIA.

This is probably why it is being roundly ignored by the mainstream media.

Bush appointed a partisan Republican to the head of the CIA, who has been purging the CIA of people who don't accept Bush as their lord and savior.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 09:47:55 AM »

Bush appointed a partisan Republican to the head of the CIA, who has been purging the CIA of people who don't accept Bush as their lord and savior.

Someone . . . hurry . . . pass be a barf bag.  I cannot stomach the crap jfern is trying to dish out here.  hahaha

I like how the letter said that undercover agents work in DC at desk jobs, but doesn't address that they are not sitting in at the CIA headquarters itself, like Valerie did.  hehehe . . . talk about spin.  Before she went to Langley, she was working in DC at a front company . . . just like all the other active undercover agents do.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 10:02:49 AM »

The act was intended to cover covert agents.  It is exeptionally hard to claim that she was a covert agent at the time her name was public; Joe Wilson claims she wasn't.  Now, the act does have a time limit; somebody had to have been a covert agent within the timeframe within the act.

Was Ms. Plame, a covert agent within this time frame.  That hasn't been established.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »

The act was intended to cover covert agents.  It is exeptionally hard to claim that she was a covert agent at the time her name was public; Joe Wilson claims she wasn't.  Now, the act does have a time limit; somebody had to have been a covert agent within the timeframe within the act.

Was Ms. Plame, a covert agent within this time frame.  That hasn't been established.

She wasn't covert because her name had been leaked. And even if as you claim she wasn't covert, outting her and her "company" put other agents at risk. One covert CIA agent did die in 2003, it could have been because of this.

In any case, Rove could be charged with espionage. I'm sick of you mindless Rove/Bush apoligists mindlessly apoligizing. If there was a Democratic adminstration this curropt, I would certainly not be defending them.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 10:42:15 AM »

In any case, Rove could be charged with espionage.

*dies laughin*   Oh please . . . stop . . . you're killing me.  HAHAHAHAHAHA
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 11:02:18 AM »

I thought it was High Treason? LOL JFern your an idiot.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 11:02:50 AM »

I thought it was High Treason? LOL JFern your an idiot.

No no no . . . he said GRAND Treason.  Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 11:03:46 AM »

Sad how certain posters would rather make fun of me then think about what Rove actually did.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 11:05:47 AM »

Sad how certain posters would rather make fun of me then think about what Rove actually did.

We have debated of his role in the situation already.  We now look at the person making flase allegations against him. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 11:09:45 AM »

We have debated of his role in the situation already.  We now look at the person making flase allegations against him. 

Oh, please, I am sick of you stupid low-life partisans trying to attack me, when this ing adminstration has lied no stop. How sad that you would rather try to straw man a lie out of me then accept that the Bush adminstration has not been 100% truthful. If you weren't lame partisan hacks you would question politicians of both your own and the other party.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 11:15:09 AM »

Oh, please, I am sick of you stupid low-life partisans trying to attack me, when this ing adminstration has lied no stop. How sad that you would rather try to straw man a lie out of me then accept that the Bush adminstration has not been 100% truthful. If you weren't lame partisan hacks you would question politicians of both your own and the other party.

Fortunately I'm an Independent, so I can question everyone.  The problem is, you are the first to point out partisanship but yet are blind to recognize the same trait within yourself.  That is why people correct you so often, especially when you make wild accusations.  If you took more time to think about what you say, research the matter, and then post, people will be more accepting of your stances on issues. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 11:16:09 AM »

Fortunately I'm an Independent, so I can question everyone.  The problem is, you are the first to point out partisanship but yet are blind to recognize the same trait within yourself.  That is why people correct you so often, especially when you make wild accusations.  If you took more time to think about what you say, research the matter, and then post, people will be more accepting of your stances on issues. 

I said that there were some minor corrections based upon updated news. Calling me a liar for that, while not questioning why we wen to war is 100% bullsh**t.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »

I said that there were some minor corrections based upon updated news. Calling me a liar for that, while not questioning why we wen to war is 100% bullsh**t.

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on your espionage comment an hour ago.  Care to readdress that accusation?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 11:22:45 AM »

I'm sorry, I'm still stuck on your espionage comment an hour ago.  Care to readdress that accusation?

All I said was it was possible that he'd be charged with espionage.  Now do you support this war?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 11:23:57 AM »

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD JFERN JUST EXPOSED THE NAMES OF CIA AGENTS ALL OVER THE INTERNET LOL!!!111
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 11:26:07 AM »

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD JFERN JUST EXPOSED THE NAMES OF CIA AGENTS ALL OVER THE INTERNET LOL!!!111

Nice of you to think that espionage is a laughing matter.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 11:35:54 AM »

All I said was it was possible that he'd be charged with espionage. 

How would he be guilty of espionage.  Which country is he an agent for?   Treason is also a hard one to prove, since he would have to be trying to overthrow the government or aid a foreign nation.  This is what I'm getting at.  You are making accusations with no grounds.   Now, if you want to charge him for violating the protection act, that's ok, since that would be applicable in this case.  However, treason and espionage are not.

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 11:37:44 AM »

Now, if you want to charge him for violating the protection act, that's ok, since that would be applicable in this case.  However, treason and espionage are not.

Yes, but they do sound sexier than "violating the protection act" does.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

All I said was it was possible that he'd be charged with espionage. 

How would he be guilty of espionage.  Which country is he an agent for?   Treason is also a hard one to prove, since he would have to be trying to overthrow the government or aid a foreign nation.  This is what I'm getting at.  You are making accusations with no grounds.   Now, if you want to charge him for violating the protection act, that's ok, since that would be applicable in this case.  However, treason and espionage are not.

He signed non-discolure agreements. I'm just saying it's possible he could be charged with that. Now you still haven't said whether you support the Iraq war.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 12:37:19 PM »

He signed non-discolure agreements. I'm just saying it's possible he could be charged with that. Now you still haven't said whether you support the Iraq war.

No, he can't.  That's what I'm trying to point out to you.  You are accusing him of crimes which he cannot be charged for (trying to help you out here so you don't look foolish).  And as far as the war goes, you know I support it (we've discussed that in the past too).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 01:01:37 PM »

No, he can't.  That's what I'm trying to point out to you.  You are accusing him of crimes which he cannot be charged for (trying to help you out here so you don't look foolish).  And as far as the war goes, you know I support it (we've discussed that in the past too).

You are a giant hypocrite if you supported the war based upon lies and then are whining about how I supposedly lied.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 01:33:50 PM »

You are a giant hypocrite if you supported the war based upon lies and then are whining about how I supposedly lied.

*sigh*  You claim it's a war based on lies, yet there is no evidence of anyone lying.  The only evidence is that the intelligence information we had was wrong.  That is a big difference than lying.  And I have addressed the fact that I am disappointed in our intelligence agencies, but I also support the war.  No hypocricy there.  (Again, remove the blinders, detact your emotions, and see the whole picture.)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 01:34:41 PM »

*sigh*  You claim it's a war based on lies, yet there is no evidence of anyone lying.  The only evidence is that the intelligence information we had was wrong.  That is a big difference than lying.  And I have addressed the fact that I am disappointed in our intelligence agencies, but I also support the war.  No hypocricy there.  (Again, remove the blinders, detact your emotions, and see the whole picture.)

There's no evidence? You're hopeless.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies