How Trump Won the Midwest: by Sean Trende & David Byler, RealClearPolitics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How Trump Won the Midwest: by Sean Trende & David Byler, RealClearPolitics
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Trump Won the Midwest: by Sean Trende & David Byler, RealClearPolitics  (Read 1641 times)
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »

This has been quite an interesting series in case you've missed reading it:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/19/how_trump_won_the_midwest_132834.html

I think the series has been five sections.  I missed the South and read the Northeast.  Enjoy!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:56 PM »

Hillary's collapse in rural area is something else.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:33 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 12:19:00 PM by whitesox130 »

Not enough urban liberals in the Midwest to bulldoze over rural voters' preferences here (except Illinois)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »

great series.

i am a general fan of sean trende.

he may be center-right and not center-center but he is imho one of the smartest and most spot-on watchers of american politics.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 02:06:26 PM »

Not enough urban liberals in the Midwest to bulldoze over rural voters' preferences here (except Illinois)

idd.

while the west could become a nightmare for republicans and some states of the south are trending.

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »

The way Chicago is hemorrhaging its population, Illinois could go the way of its sister states too. 
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »

The way Chicago is hemorrhaging its population, Illinois could go the way of its sister states too. 
I don't think so since Illinois is 16% Hispanic and around 14-15% Black.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 07:00:40 PM »

That may be the case now, but what happens when all those Hispanics are fully integrated, and no longer regard themselves as a separate race, like you conservatives and Republicans keep saying they will? 
hopper
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »

That may be the case now, but what happens when all those Hispanics are fully integrated, and no longer regard themselves as a separate race, like you conservatives and Republicans keep saying they will? 
For now and for the near future Illinois is a Dem State. Hispanics are an ethnicity and not a race by the way.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »

For now and for the near future Illinois is a Dem State. Hispanics are an ethnicity and not a race by the way.

The transition will likely take decades (like it did for Michigan), but until things turn around, I think Illinois will follow suit.  Eventually Chicago may no longer be enough to keep Illinois Atlas-red.  
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:15 PM »

if we look at everything on a decade-long timeline, many republican states are going to become democratic and the other way around.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies