I'M SORRY BUT ...34% say Rove should resign!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:42:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I'M SORRY BUT ...34% say Rove should resign!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I'M SORRY BUT ...34% say Rove should resign!  (Read 3003 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2005, 11:17:56 AM »

I ma sorry but i want to talk about this (Republicans look at me with evil eyes) but according to Rasmussen..

July 20, 2005--Thirty-four percent (34%) of American adults believe that Presidential Aide Karl Rove should resign. A Rasmussen Reports survey found that 21% disagree while most (55%) are not sure.

Democrats, by a 49% to 9% margin, say that Rove should resign.

Rove has been accused by leading Democrats of leaking the name of a CIA operative. Thirty-five percent (35%) believe they are accusing Rove because they believe he is guilty. An equal number believe partisan politics is the motivation.

Democrats, by a 54% to 14% margin, say the accusations are being made because Rove is guilty. Republicans, by a 57% to 17% margin, believe partisan politics are responsible. Those not affiliated with either party are evenly divided.

Rove's favorability ratings are starting to look a lot like Howard Dean's, the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. Nineteen percent (19%) of Americans hold a favorable view of Rove while 34% have an unfavorable opinion. For Dean, the most recent numbers are 25% favorable and 40% unfavorable.

Fifty-four percent (54%) of Americans say they are following the Rove story somewhat or very closely. That includes 59% of Democrats, 51% of Republicans, and 49% of those not affiliated with either party.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

Not a majority. ;(
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 11:20:54 AM »

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »

Like I said before:

If Rove is found to be guilty of exposing Plame as an agent, he should be fired and face the criminal charges accordingly.

If Rove is found to have intentionally leaked the name of Plame, but not that she was a covert agent, he should be asked to resign.

If Rove is found to have passed on information he should not have accidentally, but is not guilty of anything, he should offer to step down gracefully after the investigator gives his final report on the issue.

But NO ONE has the right to demand him to step down when there is an investigation in process.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 11:28:01 AM »

Like I said before:

If Rove is found to be guilty of exposing Plame as an agent, he should be fired and face the criminal charges accordingly.

If Rove is found to have intentionally leaked the name of Plame, but not that she was a covert agent, he should be asked to resign.

If Rove is found to have passed on information he should not have accidentally, but is not guilty of anything, he should offer to step down gracefully after the investigator gives his final report on the issue.

But NO ONE has the right to demand him to step down when there is an investigation in process.

If Rove mentioned she was CIA but didn't mention she was covert, it doesn't make it any less illegal. It's obvious that they're hiding something, and there seem to be double standards on proof.  Remember what this was all about, the Iraq war.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 11:32:37 AM »

OK, so we can conclude that most Americans (55%) don't know anything about the situation.

But of those that do, the majority think he should resign. Smiley
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 11:37:21 AM »

If Rove mentioned she was CIA but didn't mention she was covert, it doesn't make it any less illegal. It's obvious that they're hiding something, and there seem to be double standards on proof.  Remember what this was all about, the Iraq war.

Not at all.  That would be the same as him saying I work for a defense contractor.  It's a reference to her employer, which coincidentally was the one who sent her husband over seas.  Not illegal at all.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 11:38:44 AM »

Not at all.  That would be the same as him saying I work for a defense contractor.  It's a reference to her employer, which coincidentally was the one who sent her husband over seas.  Not illegal at all.

It's illegal to out CIA agents, even if all you mention is they work for the CIA.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 11:41:45 AM »

I'm inclined to agree.  Lets first see WHAT he did.  You Democrats are all about protecting the innocent, except, of course, if they are Republicans.  You should also give him the benefit of the doubt, to the extent you gave it to Alger Hiss, mmmm  k?
MissCatholic

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »

To be honest.

I just want him to go. He helps republicans win
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 12:00:29 PM »

To be honest.

We know that already.  You just have a blind hatred for him, like most liberals.  The man may not even be guilty of anything.  We don't know.  It is premature to call for his resignation, and execution.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 12:04:45 PM »

Only half of Democrats even think he should resign. Not really a call from the people.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 12:06:16 PM »

Only half of Democrats even think he should resign. Not really a call from the people.

And 42% haven't been paying much attention.
MissCatholic

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 12:07:08 PM »

To be honest.

We know that already.  You just have a blind hatred for him, like most liberals.  The man may not even be guilty of anything.  We don't know.  It is premature to call for his resignation, and execution.

I dont hate him. I dont trust him. there is a big difference.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 12:08:19 PM »

I'm inclined to agree.  Lets first see WHAT he did.  You Democrats are all about protecting the innocent, except, of course, if they are Republicans.  You should also give him the benefit of the doubt, to the extent you gave it to Alger Hiss, mmmm  k?

Who here was ALIVE during the Alger Hiss incident? I mean come on, go after Bill Richardson for the Chinese security breach.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 12:41:06 PM »

It's illegal to out CIA agents, even if all you mention is they work for the CIA.

Actually, that's blatantly incorrect.  It's illegal to out covert agents, and it has to be done intentionally.  There are much more non-covert agents that work for the CIA than there are covert ones. They work in many aspects, from working with foreign governments on investigations down to doing background security checks. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 01:00:33 PM »

Actually, that's blatantly incorrect.  It's illegal to out covert agents, and it has to be done intentionally.  There are much more non-covert agents that work for the CIA than there are covert ones. They work in many aspects, from working with foreign governments on investigations down to doing background security checks. 

That's what I meant by out, they're covert. They also blew her covert "company". It was all retaliation for Wilson showing that Bush had lied about Iraq buying Uranium from Niger. Sad that you don't see a problem this. We need people who think critically of members of their own party. You Republicans are sad.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 01:31:29 PM »

That's what I meant by out, they're covert. They also blew her covert "company". It was all retaliation for Wilson showing that Bush had lied about Iraq buying Uranium from Niger. Sad that you don't see a problem this. We need people who think critically of members of their own party. You Republicans are sad.

What you say and what you mean are two different things.  Again, something you can work on and correct by slowing down and taking the time to verify what you are saying.  As far as the "front" (not covert) company, it was outed by the reporter who gained access to Plame's tax records where it showed she made a contribution to Gore's campaign, listing the front companies name on the W-2.  If you want to be technical about it, you could say she outed the company herself through that action.  And remember, the Uranium claim was based off of British intelligence and documents which turned out to be forged.  However, the intelligence commission indicated that the doubt gave more credit to the fact that more investigation needs to be done in Niger, dispite the conclusions Wilson made of no activity occurring.

(And for the last time, I'm a former reformist turned Independent.  You're testing my patience on this matter.)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 01:32:34 PM »

What you say and what you mean are two different things.  Again, something you can work on and correct by slowing down and taking the time to verify what you are saying.  As far as the "front" (not covert) company, it was outed by the reporter who gained access to Plame's tax records where it showed she made a contribution to Gore's campaign, listing the front companies name on the W-2.  If you want to be technical about it, you could say she outed the company herself through that action.  And remember, the Uranium claim was based off of British intelligence and documents which turned out to be forged.  However, the intelligence commission indicated that the doubt gave more credit to the fact that more investigation needs to be done in Niger, dispite the conclusions Wilson made of no activity occurring.

(And for the last time, I'm a former reformist turned Independent.  You're testing my patience on this matter.)
[/quote

I'm merely pointing out your double standards. ]
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 01:34:59 PM »

hahaha . . . no double standard.  Just unbiased analytical observations.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 01:36:16 PM »

So you think that Bush was completely truthful in his reasons for going to war? What a bunch of utter bullsh**t.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 01:39:51 PM »

So you think that Bush was completely truthful in his reasons for going to war? What a bunch of utter bullsh**t.

hahaha . . . Nice try and spinning, but that's not what I said.  However, he gave many honest reasons for going to war including the hunt for WMDs, removing Saddam, and promoting democracy in the Middle East.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 01:49:58 PM »

hahaha . . . Nice try and spinning, but that's not what I said.  However, he gave many honest reasons for going to war including the hunt for WMDs, removing Saddam, and promoting democracy in the Middle East.

You said you support the Iraq war. Honest reasons? WMD was the main reason given, and there haven't been any. "Imminent threat". Rememeber that?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 01:52:45 PM »

You said you support the Iraq war. Honest reasons? WMD was the main reason given, and there haven't been any. "Imminent threat". Rememeber that?

Again, faulty intelligence.  Hello?

Anyway, what happened to the WMDs we sold him?  Was it monkeys?  Did some band of alien monkeys beam down and stole them?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 01:54:16 PM »

Again, faulty intelligence.  Hello?

Anyway, what happened to the WMDs we sold him?  Was it monkeys?  Did some band of alien monkeys beam down and stole them?

Faulty intelligence is a right-wing talking point. Funny how all of the intelligence was faulty in Bush's favor, and people like Joe Wilson who found that it was faulty got massively attacked by the adminstration. Face it, you're defending a bunch of lying crooks.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies