El Chapo extradited to the US
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  El Chapo extradited to the US
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: El Chapo extradited to the US  (Read 473 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/world/el-chapo-extradited-mexico.html?_r=0

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

Well, most of the Americans coming down here are, sort of, like you. So, I guess, we are even here.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »

Well, most of the Americans coming down here are, sort of, like you. So, I guess, we are even here.
Please, take a joke every now and then. I respect Mexico and am disappointed by the anti-Mexico rhetoric we often hear from the American right. Although Mexico is not a perfect neighbor, America is far from a perfect neighbor as well, and I want Mexico to prosper alongside America. One of my best friends is a Mexican who lives in Mexico City, and that's not just an "I have a black friend" excuse. I was just pointing out the irony of the timing of El Chapo's arrival in the US.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

Please, take a joke every now and then. I respect Mexico and am disappointed by the anti-Mexico rhetoric we often hear from the American right. Although Mexico is not a perfect neighbor, America is far from a perfect neighbor as well, and I want Mexico to prosper alongside America. One of my best friends is a Mexican who lives in Mexico City, and that's not just an "I have a black friend" excuse. I was just pointing out the irony of the timing of El Chapo's arrival in the US.

Well, I will not reciprocate. Whatever your personal views about Mexico or Mexicans, I do not respect you. And I do not care for jokes from people I despise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »

El Chapo would've be more competent Mexican leader than Pena Nieto.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »

Well, I will not reciprocate. Whatever your personal views about Mexico or Mexicans, I do not respect you. And I do not care for jokes from people I despise.
Strong words...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »

You cared enough to post this.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 06:52:19 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2017, 07:02:25 PM by ag »

Strong words...

Well, at least now you know what I think of you.

I have been an Americophile for all my life. I spent many happy years living and studying in the US, having moved there from the ex-USSR at a young age. Even before the move, I had been brought up on the idea that the US is the one country in this world that all those who love Liberty can admire анд rely on. Culturally I am formed in and by the US.  I certainly speak much better English, than Spanish (and, I dare say, no worse English than Russian). Ever since moving to Mexico (where I have now long been naturlalized) I have always believed that Mexico's future can only be in further integration with our northern neighbor. Over the years I have taken a lot of flak for the strength of my pro-American convictions.

However, as Mr. Keynes used to say, when facts change, I change my opinions. Facts have, certainly, changed. The people of the United States have freely chosen slavery, and I am not going with them down the road to it.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »

You cared enough to post this.

I do not care for, but I do care about. English is a beautiful language.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:54:09 AM »

Still better than our politicians.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 02:16:27 AM »

The people of the United States have freely chosen slavery, and I am not going with them down the road to it.
Liberty includes the choice to make bad decisions. This country is not about the people who run it, it's about our laws and traditions. We aren't going to be enslaved, no matter who the President is.

Yes, liberty includes the right to make bad decisions. Including the decisions that lead to the loss of liberty. Do not be overconfident of your laws and traditions. They require maintenance in order not to go decrepit and impotent.

As I have said before, democracy is a wonderful thing: even if the outcome of it tells you the unambiguous "we hate you." I certainly prefer to hear that sentiment during an election, to be followed by an orderly transition period: beats defenestration. But I have heard the message. Heard, and internalised.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies