Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement  (Read 4496 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 05:07:06 AM »

Albeit it a long time ago, I do recall once serving in the Senate with a certain 20RP12. And I do trust that it will be even better serving, albeit it in different chambers, in Congress with R2D2. Cheesy

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »

Albeit it a long time ago, I do recall once serving in the Senate with a certain 20RP12. And I do trust that it will be even better serving, albeit it in different chambers, in Congress with R2D2. Cheesy

Thank you very much for your kind words, Mr. President Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 10:26:19 AM »

Congratulations on your election to the Senate- you'll do Labor proud
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »

Congratulations on your election to the Senate- you'll do Labor proud

Thank you, Mr. President!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:06 AM »

Congratulations! Look forward to working with you in the Senate and hope we can chat on some policy proposals soon!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »

Congratulations! Look forward to working with you in the Senate and hope we can chat on some policy proposals soon!

Thank you, Mr. President-elect! I look forward to it very much. Congratulations on your victory!

I will be delivering a victory speech shortly. I would like to thank the voters of the newly named Lincoln Region for the incredible honor of being elected your Senator. It truly means a lot to me. A full speech will come later this evening.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »

UPDATE 2/20/17:

First of all, I would like to congratulate President-elect DFWLibertyLover and Vice President-elect Goldwater, Governor Mike Wells, and Assemblymembers Drewmike, Spark, CXSmith, Lok, and JGibson on their well-deserved victories. I believe all of these individuals are excellent legislators who will do a fine job representing their constituencies.

Secondly, I would like to thank the voters of the region for making their voices heard in a long and competitive battle to rename the region. After all the dust settled, the voters chose to rename the region after President Abraham Lincoln, and I applaud the voters for selecting a fine name for our beautiful region.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who endorsed me, and voted for me to be the next Senator of the region. It is truly an honor to know that enough folks placed their faith in me to legislate on their behalf. I pledge to be active and impartial; I am always willing to listen to the concerns voiced by my constituents, even if it contradicts my personal ideological convictions. The will of the people is equally as important to me, and it always will be.

I would like to extend my deepest gratitude and thanks to Senator Clyde for the work he did in the Senate, and I would like to wish him all the best moving forward.

I know I ran unopposed, but I view this victory as just as important as one against an opponent. I truly value the amount of support I've seen for myself and for the accomplishments I've made in the Northern Assembly.

Thank you all very much.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 06:16:20 PM »

Congratulations, Senator.  It shall be an honor working with you.

(You can swear in now, since Senate terms begin immediately after election.)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »

Congrats to being elected Senator for the Lincoln (North) region.

- Lincoln (North) AM JGibson.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »

Congrats and thank you for all you've done in the Assembly.  I know you'll serve us well in the Senate!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 06:52:49 PM »

Welcome to the Senate!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »

Thank you, everyone!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Prime Minister!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »

UPDATE 3/9/17:

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been giving that many updates, I've been pretty busy IRL!

The Senate is currently debating several pieces of legislation, relating to preserving our environment, making federal election dates a federal holiday, employee rights, and more!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »

Thought you were declaring for re-election too for a moment. Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »

UPDATE 3/17/17:

First of all, I want to say Happy St. Patrick's Day to all Atlasians of Irish descent, and those celebrating the rich cultural history of the Irish, as well as the contributions that Irish immigrants have given to Atlasia to make us a greater nation.

Second, I would like to say that I am disappointed in the President's decision to veto a piece of legislation that passed both houses of Congress with bipartisan support--a bill that would have raised the Atlasian minimum wage to $11.10 an hour by April of 2020. While this legislation predates my time in the Senate, I can say that I would have wholeheartedly supported it, joining my colleagues from both sides of the aisle in furthering our tradition of furthering the rights of the less fortunate. It is troubling that the President believes that the regions should take up a measure to raise their own minimum wage when doing so at the Federal level eliminates the need to have further discussion about the necessity of a living wage.

Third, I would like to give our citizens a brief update on some Senate business that has occurred lately:

-We have confirmed DKrol as our Game Moderator, who I'm sure will do a fantastic job when he returns from his leave of absence. I wish to extend my condolences and support to DKrol in the meantime.

-Because of this vacancy, we are debating the appointment of Representative 1184AZ as the Deputy Game Moderator. I support his appointment and hope that the Senate confirms him as well.

-We have confirmed Southern Gothic as Secretary of Internal Affairs. I believe that his appointment is arguably the President's best appointment and I look forward to the work he puts in at that position.

-We have confirmed former President Harry S. Truman as Attorney General. Another fine appointment by the President, I believe the legal interests of all Atlasians are in great hands under AG Truman.

-The Senate has voted to end the Cuban Embargo, which I commend my colleagues on doing so and I urge the House to pass the bill and for the President to sign it when it reaches his desk. Ending the embargo is long overdue.

-We are debating the Employees Rights Act which I have taken issue with for potential privacy invasions against employees, but I have engaged in a friendly working discussion with former Senator Clyde over, as he proposed the bill. I believe that, in its current form, the bill is not perfect, but the discourse we have held has led to a much improved bill that I would feel more confident in voting for.

-We are also debating the Fair Juror Pay Act, which ensures that Atlasians who serve jury duty are compensated for their service in their missed work day(s). I believe this bill will pass easily, and I encourage the President to sign it when it reaches his desk.

Finally, I would like to announce that I have chosen Villanova as my favorite to win the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament this year. I am, however, rooting for the Wichita State Shockers to make a deep run, and would love to see them win the tournament as well.

Thank you all!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 02:10:44 PM »

UPDATE 4/26/17:

Just want to inform everyone that I'll be taking a leave of absence from May 2nd until May 7th because I'll be in Los Angeles for an international radio conference. I thank the citizens of Lincoln for their understanding in advance.

-Senator R2D2 (L-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 01:48:46 PM »

UPDATE 6/5/17:

Good afternoon everyone. I would like to make a brief statement regarding my candidacy for re-election to the Senate, representing Lincoln.

Friends, over the past few months, I have had the indescribable honor of serving as your Senator. We have passed many monumental pieces of legislation, including various health care, student loan, gun ownership, and environmental protection reforms. These were all key tenants and goals that I had heading into this session, and I believe we did a fantastic job in making sure that each piece of legislation fairly represented the interests and concerns of our constituents.

Several months ago, I declared my candidacy for re-election because I would love to continue to represent you and your interests in the Senate. I am affirming today that I would be honored to be re-elected as your Senator later this month.

I cannot lie, my activity has been sporadic lately, as I have been dealing with a few personal items that I needed to tend to, but I believe I have (and will continue to) do my due diligence in letting you all know when those moments arise.

I thank you for understanding, and I look forward to hearing your concerns, questions, or comments. Together, we will continue to fight for truth, justice, and liberty. Thank you, my friends.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 03:06:05 PM »

Endorsed, my friend.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »

Endorsed!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »

Endorsed, obviously. R2D2 is a great guy.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »

Thought you were declaring for re-election too for a moment. Tongue
Since you did two months ago, I'd say it's about time to endorse. Tongue
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix