Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest  (Read 10506 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »

No Cap! Now Hitler will get more attention! This is just what he wants!

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

Wow. You all rightfully criticized BRTD for celebrating violence against a diplomat, and here you are celebrating the assault of a non-violent person.

Words are violence, if not worse than the physical realm of it. This is a lesser reaction of self-defense.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »

Is that why the coward used fists instead of words, to show how less violent he was than the guy standing there talking? 

or perhaps you're just making excuses for violence.  We've seen a lot of that lately.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »

This is a classic example of "I don't approve, but I sure did enjoy".
EnglishPete

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 02:12:03 PM by EnglishPete »

I'm afraid that rhetoric like yours results in tragedies like the one we just saw outside the Milo talk at the University of Washington. A crowd of unhinged far leftists and anarchists, no doubt encouraged by rhetoric like yours, were chimping out and generally threatening people outside the talk. One member of the public was so threatened by one protester that he felt compelled to shoot him in self defense. its all very well you coming out with this kind of rhetoric but do consider the effect that it has on unstable people like this poor protester who is now in the hospital fighting for his life as well as the effect on the poor member of the public now feeling terrible for having to shoot another human being.

Words have consequences so whilst you have the right to free speech you should also consider the effect your words have.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

reminds me why people shouldn't be allowed to take guns to such places.

EnglishPete

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »

As I said in the other thread I think Seattle police have blood on their hands here. By their own account they said that the far leftist crowd was getting violent, throwing bricks and fireworks and generally being threatening. And yet the police did nothing to stop it and admitted that they didn't arrest anyone.

Now you can say its the leftists' fault for threatening members of the public to the point where one feels he has to use lethal force to defend himself.  However whilst that's true on one level on another communists and anarchists can't really help behaving like this. When they get into these kind of mobs they can't really help themselves from acting like this. Its the job of the police to dampen them down and prevent them from chimping out too much.

The police are responsible for the results of letting this get out of hand in the same way that a zookeeper would be responsible for any bloodshed caused by leaving the gate to a bear enclosure open. No one would have felt that they had to use a firearm to defend themselves if the police had maintained control of the situation, which is what they're paid to do.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 02:29:21 PM »

I thought you were talking about black voters Tongue
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 02:54:55 PM »

As I said in the other thread I think Seattle police have blood on their hands here. By their own account they said that the far leftist crowd was getting violent, throwing bricks and fireworks and generally being threatening. And yet the police did nothing to stop it and admitted that they didn't arrest anyone.

Now you can say its the leftists' fault for threatening members of the public to the point where one feels he has to use lethal force to defend himself.  However whilst that's true on one level on another communists and anarchists can't really help behaving like this. When they get into these kind of mobs they can't really help themselves from acting like this. Its the job of the police to dampen them down and prevent them from chimping out too much.

The police are responsible for the results of letting this get out of hand in the same way that a zookeeper would be responsible for any bloodshed caused by leaving the gate to a bear enclosure open. No one would have felt that they had to use a firearm to defend themselves if the police had maintained control of the situation, which is what they're paid to do.

/pol/ sighted.

EnglishPete

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 03:04:41 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

Well can you think of a more polite expression for referring to the kind of violent freakouts that the leftists were having outside the Milo UW speech the other day?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

Well can you think of a more polite expression for referring to the kind of violent freakouts that the leftists were having outside the Milo UW speech the other day?

An expression that doesn't have connotations of racism? Shouldn't be too hard.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »

It's funny EnglishPete doesn't denounce Spencer's racism and focuses exclusively on the fact he was punched in the face and talks about leftist violence. Makes me feel like I'm listening to an unreconstructed 1960s segregationist talking about the "violence" of the civil rights protests. The language describing the civil rights movement was very similar, e.g, "communists and anarchists."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »

anyone taking glee in this needs to look deeply into his or her conscience.

Believe me, I do (and don't like what I see).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »

anyone taking glee in this needs to look deeply into his or her conscience.

Believe me, I do (and don't like what I see).

I also take glee, realize I'm not perfect, and then hit replay on the video.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

Usually, I can't stand talking point like "she/he was asking for it". In 99% of the cases it's a disgusting attempt to shift the blame and justify your violent actions.

Richard Spender, however, is one of these 1% who were really asking for it.
EnglishPete

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

I would have thought the fact the UW lefty demonstrators were mostly very white looking would have made it clear that the expression was being used purely to describe their behaviour and not making any reference to their complexion. I would have avoided using that expression if they had been darker in hue precisely to avoid any such confusion but it seems some are determined to look for offence in every expression.

And I would add that you are another one whose rhetoric is of exactly the sort that contributed to this week's UW tragedy
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

I would have thought the fact the UW lefty demonstrators were mostly very white looking would have made it clear that the expression was being used purely to describe their behaviour and not making any reference to their complexion. I would have avoided using that expression if they had been darker in hue precisely to avoid any such confusion but it seems some are determined to look for offence in every expression.

And I would add that you are another one whose rhetoric is of exactly the sort that contributed to this week's UW tragedy

If only I had stayed silent and only open my mouth to suck MAGA c**k.
EnglishPete

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

Good grief. You forget to take your meds today or something?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

I mean, he's not the one taking great pains to defend an attempted murderer on an online politics forum, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »

Cheesy

Gets me through the Trump administration.
EnglishPete

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2017, 05:21:40 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 05:34:39 PM by EnglishPete »

Now you can say its the leftists' fault for threatening members of the public to the point where one feels he has to use lethal force to defend himself.  However whilst that's true on one level on another communists and anarchists can't really help behaving like this. When they get into these kind of mobs they can't really help themselves from acting like this. Its the job of the police to dampen them down and prevent them from chimping out too much.

/pol/ sighted.

I mean, he's not the one taking great pains to defend an attempted murderer on an online politics forum, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its beej confrmed that the shooter at UW turned himself in saying that he was acting in self defense. The police themselves and other witnesses have confirmed that members of the crowd were behaving in a violent and threatening way. Now if one of the crowd had behaved in a violent and threatening way towards this particular member of the public then obviously that could have caused him to have a reasonable belief that he was in immediate physical danger. If that had been the case then obviously he had the right to act in self defense.

Now you're claiming that the shooter was 'an attempted murderer' I.e. that he wasn't acting in self defense I.e. that it was not reasonable for him to think that the other individual was an immediate physical threat. Now given the documented violence and threats from the crowd what makes you so sure that the individual in question wasn't acting in a way that was physically threatening to the shooter? Because given the evidence available it seems highly likely that that's exactly what happened.
EnglishPete

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2017, 05:22:51 PM »

/pol/ sighted.

The shooter at UW turned himself in saying that he was acting in self defense. That much has been confirmed. The police themselves and other witnesses have confirmed that members of the crowd were behaving in a violent and threatening way. Now if one of the crowd had behaved in a violent and threatening way towards this particular member of the public then obviously that could have caused him to have a reasonable belief that he was in immediate physical danger. If that had been the case then obviously he had the right to act in self defense.

Now you're claiming that the shooter was 'an attempted murderer' I.e. that he wasn't acting in self defense I.e. that it was not reasonable for him to think that the other individual was an immediate physical threat. Now given the documented violence and threats from the crowd what makes you so sure that the individual in question wasn't acting in a way that was physically threatening to the shooter? Because given the evidence available it seems highly likely that that's exactly what happened.
EnglishPete

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2017, 05:26:39 PM »

I have to say that I do like the fact that Milo continued with his talk after he had been informed of the  shooting. That takes a certain amount of guts and shows that he's not willing to be derailed by far left disruption no matter how far they push it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »

milo > trump.

instead of trump he is a real ideologue who believes in something else than himself and if it's only the money he earns.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »

Hitler-Spencer is a false equivalence.  Spencer is not in charge of a nation with a powerful military determined to expand his empire through conquest.  Most Americans have never heard of Richard Spencer.  He and his followers live for things like this, it raises their public visibility.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies