Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:54:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Richard Spencer punched in the face at protest  (Read 10525 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

comparisons with hitler are usually not about having hitler's power but his worldview.

EnglishPete

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »

I mean, he's not the one taking great pains to defend an attempted murderer on an online politics forum, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's a video of the shooting.

https://vid.me/V3JL

Now its quite fast moving so its difficult to see every detail but it looks very much to me as though the shooter (in the yellow hat) was being assaulted by antifa at the point of the shooting. Which would fit in with the shooter's account of what happened and which would make the shooting self defense not attempted murder as you claim.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »

comparisons with hitler are usually not about having hitler's power but his worldview.

The differences in power are important in how to deal with them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2017, 08:15:10 PM »

I mean, he's not the one taking great pains to defend an attempted murderer on an online politics forum, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's a video of the shooting.

https://vid.me/V3JL

Now its quite fast moving so its difficult to see every detail but it looks very much to me as though the shooter (in the yellow hat) was being assaulted by antifa at the point of the shooting. Which would fit in with the shooter's account of what happened and which would make the shooting self defense not attempted murder as you claim.
I've watched it several times now.  There is scuffle left of center that kind of moves to the center, yellow hat is NOT involved in this.  He starts to move towards the scuffle like a lot of the crowd.  At this point a large, short haired man moves at least 10 feet (if not twice that, hard to tell, the earliest I can find big guy is maybe 10 seconds before where he is standing behind a man with brown hat right after the camera pans left and stops) and intentionally slams into yellow hat and a small melee ensues.  I think there are some yellow hat friends around, but it also looks like there is another person or two in the mix on the big guys side.  This is when yellow hat shoots.

Yellow hat better not get charged with anything.  He probably shouldn't have brought a gun, if he was worried for his safety he should probably just stay home.  But we live in a free country and he was in public minding his own business when an asshole violently assaulted him, he should (and does) have a right to defend himself.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »

I approve, as I approved of this: https://youtu.be/KnrRy6kSFF0
EnglishPete

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »

Yellow hat better not get charged with anything.  He probably shouldn't have brought a gun, if he was worried for his safety he should probably just stay home.  But we live in a free country and he was in public minding his own business when an asshole violently assaulted him, he should (and does) have a right to defend himself.
EnglishPete

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2017, 08:35:37 PM »

Hilarious tweet from Mister Metokur

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2017, 08:37:40 PM »

This was a good thing that happened.
EnglishPete

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »

Update of the Seattle shooting story

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-release-man-arrested-in-uw-shooting/

Article features a picture of a surprised looking anarchist idiot just after he got shot

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »

OK, now everyone PLEASE take a step back.

There is something seriously rotten in our politics.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2017, 09:31:31 PM »

Oh my God if you google his name fifth item down is an obit on Gilad Atzmon's site (not clicking on that!) urgh wtf google stop it.

Ah, yes, the Jew who's too anti-Semitic for non-Jewish anti-Semites.

Coincidentally, a popular lecturer with the Christian Association within the Social Democrats here in Sweden. Then again, those guys are pretty vile anti-semites so it isn't very surprising.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »

Oh my God if you google his name fifth item down is an obit on Gilad Atzmon's site (not clicking on that!) urgh wtf google stop it.

Ah, yes, the Jew who's too anti-Semitic for non-Jewish anti-Semites.

Coincidentally, a popular lecturer with the Christian Association within the Social Democrats here in Sweden. Then again, those guys are pretty vile anti-semites so it isn't very surprising.

Wait, the Social Democrats or the Sweden Democrats? Huh
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2017, 09:42:57 PM »

If you could travel back in time to kill 27-year-old Hitler, would you?
EnglishPete

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:01 AM »

If you could go back in time to kill 27 year old Stalin or 27 year old Mao or 27 year old Kim Il Sung or 27 year old Nicolae Ceausescu or 27 year old Enver Hoxha or 27 year old Pol Pot,  would you?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »

Be more effective to assassinate a 27-year old Woodrow Wilson or a 17-year old Gavrilo Princip.  Getting rid of Wilson would ensure that the US either enters the Great War sooner or stays out entirely, either of which would probably improve the historical results.  Getting rid of Princip means Franz Ferdinand likely survives the attempt on his life in Sarajevo.
EnglishPete

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:25 AM »

A great talk here from Stefan Molyneux on the recent leftist violence. A thoughtful analysis of what's been happening, what's a sharp and well deserved rebuke to the #neverTrump Republicans who would have allowed this violence to get worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Y7V2fQKTU
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2017, 06:57:40 AM »

pick one.
EnglishPete

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2017, 07:36:05 AM »

Roll Eyes
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »

If you could go back in time to kill 27 year old Stalin or 27 year old Mao or 27 year old Kim Il Sung or 27 year old Nicolae Ceausescu or 27 year old Enver Hoxha or 27 year old Pol Pot,  would you?

Whataboutery. LOL. Especially amusing as most people WOULD answer yes to those as well. The point?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:18 PM »

Wow. You all rightfully criticized BRTD for celebrating violence against a diplomat, and here you are celebrating the assault of a non-violent person.

I don't believe in political violence.

Hey, do you know who does believe in political violence?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2017, 12:53:35 PM »

Hitler-Spencer is a false equivalence.  Spencer is not in charge of a nation with a powerful military determined to expand his empire through conquest.  Most Americans have never heard of Richard Spencer.  He and his followers live for things like this, it raises their public visibility.

While you're right that they want publicity, they want publicity that makes them look powerful and attractive. Spencer looks pretty cucked in his response to being punched on video and aware it's made him look ridiculous.

Cuck, cuck, cuck.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »

I don't get it. Some guy in a blazer, what looks to be a camo "Make America Great Again" hat, a designer purse, and a semi-automatic rifle. It's an incredibly specific caricature, and yet it would seem to describe basically nobody.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

I don't get it. Some guy in a blazer, what looks to be a camo "Make America Great Again" hat, a designer purse, and a semi-automatic rifle. It's an incredibly specific caricature, and yet it would seem to describe basically nobody.

That's Milo Yiannopoulos.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »

That's Milo Yiannopoulos.

I thought he was platinum blond, or something.
EnglishPete

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2017, 01:23:59 PM »

Reports stating that most of the 230 arrested in the DC riot on Friday will be charged with Felony rioting by Federal Prosecutors. The penalty for is up to 25,000 dolar fine and up to 10 years in prison. One of Jeff Session's first jobs will be to ensure that these people receive substantial prison sentences. It's clear that the leadership of the left wing in the US has done nothing to discourage or disavow this behaviour and many people will feel that they can engage in this kind of behavior with little or no legal repercussions for themselves.

Of course there is a hardcore who will want to riot no matter what the potential consequences, but there will also be a larger group who will join in opportunistically if they think its relatively safe for them to do so. The prospect of spending several years in prison should be enough to discourage most of this latter group. This effect will work even better if a significant proportion of the 'hardcore' are not there to encourage them due to being in prison for the duration of Trump's presidency.

Let's hope Jeff Sessions is up to the job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4144360/Anti-Trump-protesters-face-10-years-prison.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies