Women's March Megathead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:01:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Women's March Megathead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Women's March Megathead  (Read 7773 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2017, 09:03:04 PM »

I would make some amusing comment about the following image but tbh none is needed

LMAO
EnglishPete

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »

Just found this image. Now this really is Blue Avatar humour at its finest

coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2017, 09:15:31 PM »

These are all lowballs from what I read:

~200k in Denver
750k+ in LA
100k in Madison

I can vouch that Denver was definitely more than 100k. During Denver Pride, attendance is 70-80k and fills up most of Civic Center Park with people. Not only was Civic Center full today, but the entire 16th St. Mall, and most of 15th and Colfax were packed with people at about 10:30 am today. I think 200k may be too much, but it was closer to that than 100k. Mind you this is in a city of about 700k, which should really frighten GOPers looking at 2018 here.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »

~200k in Denver
750k+ in LA
100k in Madison

I can vouch that Denver was definitely more than 100k. During Denver Pride, attendance is 70-80k and fills up most of Civic Center Park with people. Not only was Civic Center full today, but the entire 16th St. Mall, and most of 15th and Colfax were packed with people at about 10:30 am today. I think 200k may be too much, but it was closer to that than 100k. Mind you this is in a city of about 700k, which should really frighten GOPers looking at 2018 here.

-Colorado went for HRC. Trump still won.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »

Real men don't talk about "toxic masculinity". We know clearly who the alpha males and the beta males are.

Also, I love kindness. But you can't be kind to everyone. You can't be kind to rapists, terrorists, criminals, thugs. Extreme tolerance gave us 9/11.

.01/10. Troll harder.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »

~200k in Denver
750k+ in LA
100k in Madison

-Colorado went for HRC. Trump still won.
You still have condom boy to defend in 2020.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »

I would make some amusing comment about the following image but tbh none is needed

LMAO

You didn't get the memo?  Third wave feminists now think that hijabs are liberating or something like that.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2017, 10:11:35 PM »

Real men don't talk about "toxic masculinity". We know clearly who the alpha males and the beta males are.

Also, I love kindness. But you can't be kind to everyone. You can't be kind to rapists, terrorists, criminals, thugs. Extreme tolerance gave us 9/11.

.01/10. Troll harder.
I'm not a troll. I'm a realist. You're not a realist. Keep aiding the enemy, and we'll get more 9/11s and 11/13. We can not be tolerant to refugees and terrorists.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »

Don't you just love how swearing has become a substitute for argument amongst some circles, and yet they somehow consider their behavior sophisticated? Wink

Indeed! I appreciated the poll, Al! After a long day of built up rage at the sore losers, this was nice.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:32 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.
I'm not a troll. I'm a realist. You're not a realist. Keep aiding the enemy, and we'll get more 9/11s and 11/13. We can not be tolerant to refugees and terrorists.

>Not a troll
>Calls the guy with 'realist' in his username 'not a realist' without alluding to it

Bahhaahaaha, I truly hope you just have no sense of irony like Our Dear Leader.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2017, 10:32:14 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

>Not a troll
>Calls the guy with 'realist' in his username 'not a realist' without alluding to it

I'm speaking the truth.  Stop catering to refugees and radical Islamists.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 10:54:09 PM by Senator Scott »

.01/10. Troll harder.

No one uses dumb terms like "beta" and "alpha male" without a hint of irony to it.  If you're not a troll, you're clearly overcompensating.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »

*"its"
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2017, 10:47:12 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

>Not a troll

I'm speaking the truth.  Stop catering to refugees and radical Islamists.

So apparently Atlas is rife with people catering to radical Islam. Huh, who would've thought.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

No one uses dumb terms like "beta" and "alpha mate" without a hint of irony to it.  If you're not a troll, you're clearly overcompensating.
I'm not a troll. I'm a realist. Y'all aren't realists.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »

i don't know about alpha or beta males but if such a bizarre set of categories exist, mister trump is an example of the omega level.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2017, 11:26:21 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

No one uses dumb terms like "beta" and "alpha mate" without a hint of irony to it.  If you're not a troll, you're clearly overcompensating.

You would not recognize reality if it were sitting in front of you eating tsimes. All your life is just one gigantic psichotic hallucination. And you are talking of realims?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:38 PM »

i don't know about alpha or beta males but if such a bizarre set of categories exist, mister trump is an example of the omega level.

epsilon, mīdear, epsilon

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=epsilon
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here is a link to a NYTimes article with pictures all over the world of the Women's marches, including Antarctica.

Very inspiring!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/21/world/womens-march-pictures.html
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2017, 11:41:32 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

You would not recognize reality if it were sitting in front of you eating tsimes. All your life is just one gigantic psichotic hallucination. And you are talking of realims?

I have no hallucination. I'm talking reality. You cannot bring in millions of refugees and expect them to adhere to American rules or values. It's impossible. We have to close the borders and shut immigration down if it gets to this point. Stop bringing refugees into the country.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2017, 11:48:31 PM »

.01/10. Troll harder.

No one uses dumb terms like "beta" and "alpha mate" without a hint of irony to it.  If you're not a troll, you're clearly overcompensating.

You cannot bring in millions of refugees...

Yeah, you are hallucinating. I am afraid, anti-psychotics are inevitable if you are to be restored to being a healthy and productive member of the society.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2017, 12:13:25 AM »

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here is a link to a NYTimes article with pictures all over the world of the Women's marches, including Antarctica.

Very inspiring!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/21/world/womens-march-pictures.html

Good luck to them. I applaud their right to protest and hope their efforts are.not in vain.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2017, 02:35:20 AM »

Abortion is down -- way down. Maybe it is because fewer women are getting raped. Maybe it is because people got more optimistic while Obama was President.
Actually, the consensus is that abortion is down because access and use of contraception is up, no thanks to those who keep flogging failed "abstinence only" programs of sex ed.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2017, 02:40:31 AM »

Abortion is down -- way down. Maybe it is because fewer women are getting raped. Maybe it is because people got more optimistic while Obama was President.
Actually, the consensus is that abortion is down because access and use of contraception is up, no thanks to those who keep flogging failed "abstinence only" programs of sex ed.

So the Trump administration wants to defund Planned Parenthood, making access and use of contraception harder to come by for many females. How smart is that?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:12 AM »

So the Trump administration wants to defund Planned Parenthood, making access and use of contraception harder to come by for many females. How smart is that?

It is: once you understand that they are, actually, pro-abortion.

In fact, in the interest of honesty and clarity, I suggest a slight modification of the usual terms. The so-called "pro-life" people should be designated as "pro-abortion", while the "pro-choice" folk should proudly carry the name of the "anti-abortion". Would cause a lot less confusion than the terminology we (mis)use now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies