Kingpoleon for Northern Governor: An Alternative Voice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:04:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Kingpoleon for Northern Governor: An Alternative Voice
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kingpoleon for Northern Governor: An Alternative Voice  (Read 353 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »

During my time in Atlas, we have not had an active Governor elected since Governor Blair. I am announcing my candidacy because I believe we can get better. Our incumbent Governor has little to no record in running this region. I intend to make the next term the most active term in our history as a region if I am elected.

I intend to run on the issues, not mere platitudes. Therefore, I will be announcing plans as for what I intend to do as Governor. We will create a security force like we had in the Northeast that allows for regional security forces that can work alongside the police and the military without being directly under them. We will create the economic regulation board that worked so well for the economy in the Northeast.

We will increase relations in Europe. I intend to use the trade agreement with the United Kingdom to the fullest extent. We will also increase trade and ties to Germany. Both of these nations can engage in free trade which benefits all of our countries. If the Assembly approves it, I would like the North to consider a bid for the Portuguese bank Novo Banco. We would temporarily establish a board of trustees, a CEO, a CIO, and other positions, improving the bank until we can sell it again.

I intend to put into place policies that allow discrimination by private businesses as much as is legal. I want this not because I am bigoted, but because I believe the free market can be used for good. Private citizens will not go to a place that refuses to serve anyone. A league against discrimination could do a lot more good by fighting bigotry than the government could ever do by trying to "ban" bigotry. Believe me, I am not racist or homophobic. I am a multiracial gay person myself. This is why I believe it should be legal and fought by private citizens. The government cannot fight bigotry. Only citizens can effectively fight bigotry.

A new North can be made. With the economic and security details mentioned above, our region would be stronger than ever before. This vision of a better North is an alternative the Governor may attempt to hide from you. It is a new way that has never been tried before. We have tried it his way for a term. Unemployment is bad here, especially considering we have by far the strongest GDP. Without economic reforms, we will not improve.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 04:44:30 PM by Fmr President Blair »

Now, I respect you a great deal Kingpoleon. We served on the same ticket, you had a lot of good policy ideas and I always respected your judgement, but I simply can't let you come out with such distortions of the truth.

We've had an extremely active Governor in Mike. Why do I know this? Well firstly he was the only player in the game to spot the constitutional crisis in Fremont. That alone deserves credit, considering that without him the entire reconstruction of Fremont would not be happening.

You say that our Governor has 'little to no record' running the region- that's simply false.

Let's look at what Governor Wells has done.

Worked, mostly single handily on a budget for the North. (The only region to produce a budget it should be added.)

Championed mental health awareness and advocacy in schools

Gave tax incentives to promote renewable energy, and to clean up the environment.

Helped promote a regional name, and increase citizen involvement in the region.

Passed a massive jobs bill

Now you claim Governor Wells hasn't done enough to help the Economy. Again, simply false.

A $20 Billion infrastructure program.

A scheme to get people back to work, to bring business to the region and to invest in renewable energy

A regional budget to show the North's commitment to fiscal management.

I served as Governor for old Northeast for 6 months, and in the Senate for the same amount of time. Heck my first job in Atlasia was as a regional Assembly member. I want the North to succeed.

I know what the North was like when Mike became Governor; it was a region that was in despair. I know the amount of time that Mike has put into the game, because when I was President he was messaging me asking about budgets, asking about plans for urban renewal and asking how he could help the North. The legislature has flourished, he's been active in recruiting people to the region and he's been a constant, and strong voice for the North.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:24:39 PM »

I echo the former President's statements. Governor Wells has been the most positive force for good in this region that I have seen. He actively works with my colleagues and I to keep legislative activity flowing. He has proposed immensely positive legislation that has helped to keep the Assembly working. He has worked tirelessly for this region, and I believe attacking his record is uncalled for. I welcome the spirit of competition, but this is not the best foot to put forward.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »

The rest of this post is very good, however this part is not entirely accurate. The North isn't the only region to produce a budget, the South did it a long time ago. Though I did introduce the North's budget and stuff. Hopefully this small problem is fixed.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:49:17 PM »

Did you say you too are a multiracial gay person who supports religious freedom?! ENDORSED
diptheriadan

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 09:06:07 PM »

Endorsed
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:54 PM »

Former President Blair, each and every thing you list is about half as much as you regularly did in a term. I do not intend to argue or fight with you out of respect, but should you continue campaigning against me, I will be left with no choice.

R2D2 has done an amazing job at activity, and I believe he is responsible for more than Governor Wells is in terms of Northern activity. I'm not downplaying Governor Wells - give credit where credit's due, and R2D2 deserves a great deal of credit.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »

I have accepted a debate challenge.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies