Opinion of Women's March Manifesto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:22:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Women's March Manifesto
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
FM

HM

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Opinion of Women's March Manifesto  (Read 2299 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2017, 05:39:26 PM by Frodo »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

source

https://www.womensmarch.com

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »

1. Too long.
2. Obviously seeks to "genderize" issues involving race, ethnicity, class, and geography so as to round out their "intersectionalism".

My other thoughts run the risk of expressing my opinion, so I'll keep it at that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:33:44 PM »

FM, of course.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »

HM
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »

Don't agree with every single thing on there, but that agreement wasn't what the march was about. It was about achieving common decency, and stating loud and clear, that the clear plurality of the American people who didn't vote for Trump are still here.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »

Don't agree with every single thing on there, but that agreement wasn't what the march was about. It was about achieving common decency, and stating loud and clear, that the clear plurality of the American people who didn't vote for Trump are still here.

What do you not agree with?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 08:40:19 PM »

SJWs = HM
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »

HM
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »

Probably should have stopped around Point 3 because then it drifted into joke territory and then obviously terrible territory.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 07:08:33 AM »

● We believe it is our moral imperative to dismantle the gender and racial inequities within the
criminal justice system. The rate of imprisonment has grown faster for women than men, increasing by 700% since 1980, and the majority of women in prison have a child under the age of 18. Incarcerated women also face a high rate of violence and sexual assault. We are committed to ensuring access to gender-responsive programming and dedicated healthcare including substance abuse treatment, mental and maternal health services for women in prison. We believe in the promise of restorative justice and alternatives to incarceration. We are also committed to disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline that prioritizes incarceration over education by systematically funneling our children—particularly children of color, queer and trans youth, foster care children, and girls—into the justice system.

HM. Men get longer sentences than women for the same crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »

By attempting to be inclusive, they sound unnecessarily divisive. I agree with the "feelings" of the march, but definitely not with this manifesto. As stated above, men are discriminated against in the criminal justice system and to ignore that is unfair, and another reason why intersectional theory is cancer.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »

● We believe it is our moral imperative to dismantle the gender and racial inequities within the
criminal justice system. The rate of imprisonment has grown faster for women than men, increasing by 700% since 1980, and the majority of women in prison have a child under the age of 18. Incarcerated women also face a high rate of violence and sexual assault. We are committed to ensuring access to gender-responsive programming and dedicated healthcare including substance abuse treatment, mental and maternal health services for women in prison. We believe in the promise of restorative justice and alternatives to incarceration. We are also committed to disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline that prioritizes incarceration over education by systematically funneling our children—particularly children of color, queer and trans youth, foster care children, and girls—into the justice system.

HM. Men get longer sentences than women for the same crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States
So wanting to get rid of gender inequalities in the US justice system is bad because... gender inequalities exist in the US justice system?
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »

Horrible march.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »

HM.

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »

I read what your saying, but I can't really affirm it. I think the group went out of it's way to exclude people like my wife, who were rabidly anti-Trump, but socially conservative. She's not very politically aware, and got to hear for the first time all sorts of lovely comments about how she's not a real woman because of her politics. It's disingenuous to claim "but that agreement wasn't what the march was about" when the march organizers went so out of their way to be sectarian.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »

The remark about the rate of incarceration for women I believe is simply an indicator that women started to (A) commit levels of crime that were approaching male levels; and (B) were being treated more equally by the court system. While the incarceration rates for both genders no doubt have risen since, say, the late 1960's, it's small wonder that the female rate would be higher, given that. Pretty well-established that female crime has expanded since mid-century.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

People like you are destroying the Democratic party. Stop with litmus tests for wedge issues.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »

I read what your saying, but I can't really affirm it. I think the group went out of it's way to exclude people like my wife, who were rabidly anti-Trump, but socially conservative. She's not very politically aware, and got to hear for the first time all sorts of lovely comments about how she's not a real woman because of her politics. It's disingenuous to claim "but that agreement wasn't what the march was about" when the march organizers went so out of their way to be sectarian.

The impression that I got was that that varied from place to place. If I hear more and the common experience turns out be closer to your wife's, I'll revise my opinion. (Did people actually tell her she wasn't a real woman?! What pricks.)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 06:46:56 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2017, 06:52:28 PM by Türkisblau »

muh intersectionality.

f**k this sh*t (and Linda Sarsour!)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 06:51:18 PM »

Also Mega FM
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »

Some decent stuff in there, but the bulk of it is just a grab bag of SJW talking points. HM overall.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 05:25:38 PM »

TLDR
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »

The impression that I got was that that varied from place to place. If I hear more and the common experience turns out be closer to your wife's, I'll revise my opinion. (Did people actually tell her she wasn't a real woman?! What pricks.)

Sadly yes. Social media never ceases to disappoint me. "C'mon gals, let's tell the girl with the obvious baby bump in per profile pic how REAL women support the right to choose" Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies