What political Party and idealogy do I belong?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:37:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What political Party and idealogy do I belong?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What political Party and idealogy do I belong?  (Read 916 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »

Here is the list of views:

Oppose Affirmative Action
Oppose Abortion(exceptions involve life of the mother, rape, and incest.
Don't favor privatizing social security
Favor medical marijuana but not widespread use
Favor Donald Trump like trade but not increased tariffs
Favor Same-Sex Marriage(have since 2014.)
Favor Increased Taxes across the board if needed
Favor Current Immigration Policy and Legalizing Illegal Immigrants who are here illegally granted they learn English, pay a fine and pay back taxes they owe and no criminal record.
Favor School Vouchers only for people along the poverty line.
Strip Out pieces of ObamaCare that don't work and put in pieces that do work. Don't repeal whole thing.
Favor Voter ID but state should give out Voter ID's so people don't have to hassle to vote and no you wouldn't have to pay for them.
Favor current military spending and oppose Republicans plans to spend more on military than we already are.

So what is it Liberal Republican, Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican?

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »

*"Ideology".
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:40:45 PM »

I would say you're a Democrat of the Bel Edwards stripe: pro-choice, otherwise liberal on social issues but opposed to so-called "identity politics," supportive of fair trade and social security. There are actually quite a few posters that grain on the forum, so you're in good company.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »

I would say you're a Democrat of the Bel Edwards stripe: pro-choice, otherwise liberal on social issues but opposed to so-called "identity politics," supportive of fair trade and social security. There are actually quite a few posters that grain on the forum, so you're in good company.

He said he opposes abortion.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »

On some surveys I took I am center-left. I feel to right wing to be a Republican at times but not left wing enough to be a Democrat. I think Trump's candidacy moved me a little more left-wing(diversity/immigration, gender equality) on social issues in my mind but not on the political spectrum overall.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »

Both JBE and hopper are pro-life, perhaps that was a Freudian typo on Truman's part.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

Definitely a Republican.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »

On some surveys I took I am center-left. I feel to right wing to be a Republican at times but not left wing enough to be a Democrat. I think Trump's candidacy moved me a little more left-wing(diversity/immigration, gender equality) on social issues in my mind but not on the political spectrum overall.

In reality, you could be any of those three. If you care a great deal for cultural issues like those stated, I'd say that tilts you more into the Moderate Democrat category. But, that's only on the national party level. The New Jersey Republican Party might have more palatable candidates for you, in which case you might be inclined to vote GOP on the state level.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »

In reality, you could be any of those three. If you care a great deal for cultural issues like those stated, I'd say that tilts you more into the Moderate Democrat category. But, that's only on the national party level. The New Jersey Republican Party might have more palatable candidates for you, in which case you might be inclined to vote GOP on the state level.

Although, if you are passionately pro-life, the Republican Party is the only one that makes sense
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »

I'd say that you're not a perfect fit for either party, so I guess my next question would be which issues matter the most to you.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »

Republican moderate.
hopper
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:07 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 10:56:53 PM by hopper »

Yes I have been voting GOP at the state level. Maybe I am questioning myself at the national level at the national level in terms of what party I might want to go with.
hopper
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 11:11:03 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 11:13:48 PM by hopper »

I'd say that you're not a perfect fit for either party, so I guess my next question would be which issues matter the most to you.
Um Government Spending and the Pro-Life position but I don't want Republicans spending big on national defense and I like diversity on the immigration front as well. I want to keep our entitlement programs for our seniors solvent also but neither party is doing so right now. That's important.

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »

Definitely a moderate Republican.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 11:51:03 PM »

I support *for le catoons is der Dutch deutschen volk Dutch lads- ting tang walls bang bang  ideology
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 12:09:28 AM »

Um Government Spending and the Pro-Life position but I don't want Republicans spending big on national defense and I like diversity on the immigration front as well. I want to keep our entitlement programs for our seniors solvent also but neither party is doing so right now. That's important.

Tough call. I think you could fit in with moderate Republicans, though perhaps you could be a centrist Democrat as well. I'd say that it's your choice, in the end. Maybe you'll have a better idea once it becomes clear which direction Democrats move in over the next four years.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »

ICJ UNTERSTÜTZE DUE WALLAWAKLLA BING VANF LEGION
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 01:45:18 AM »

Both JBE and hopper are pro-life, perhaps that was a Freudian typo on Truman's part.
Yeah, I meant pro-life.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 02:00:28 AM »

What the hell does that mean?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 05:20:28 AM »

Maybe you're a center-left neoconservative right-libertarian, or perhaps a right-wing progressive nationalist.
hopper
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 10:52:09 PM »

Just to update I have thought about this topic that I started a couple months ago and I think I am a Liberal Republican currently. I do agree with the Dems on social policy but on economic policy I feel more comfortable with the Republicans currently at the federal level than the Dems.
hopper
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »

Maybe you're a center-left neoconservative right-libertarian, or perhaps a right-wing progressive nationalist.
I don't see myself as a neo-conservative which is a matter that has to do with foreign policy intervention which I don't favor unless the US is attacked. Yes I have thought that at times that I am a Progressive Republican.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 06:52:33 AM »

I don't see myself as a neo-conservative which is a matter that has to do with foreign policy intervention which I don't favor unless the US is attacked. Yes I have thought that at times that I am a Progressive Republican.

That's like saying you are upper lower middle class.

He's a Moderate Conservative.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 09:19:07 AM »

Here is the list of views:

Oppose Affirmative Action
Oppose Abortion(exceptions involve life of the mother, rape, and incest.
Don't favor privatizing social security
Favor medical marijuana but not widespread use

Favor Same-Sex Marriage(have since 2014.)
Favor Increased Taxes across the board if needed
Favor Current Immigration Policy and Legalizing Illegal Immigrants who are here illegally granted they learn English, pay a fine and pay back taxes they owe and no criminal record.

Favor School Vouchers only for people along the poverty line.
Strip Out pieces of ObamaCare that don't work and put in pieces that do work. Don't repeal whole thing.
Favor Voter ID but state should give out Voter ID's so people don't have to hassle to vote and no you wouldn't have to pay for them.
Favor current military spending and oppose Republicans plans to spend more on military than we already are.

So what is it Liberal Republican, Moderate Democrat or Moderate Republican?
based on the above it sounds like you're closer to a democrat. but really neither party is a great fit for you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies