Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts"  (Read 5709 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2017, 11:07:59 AM by ApatheticAustrian »

Spicer goes on floor, reads message, goes without taking any question.

Only content ....an easily falsifiable message:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sean-spicer-assails-media-inauguration-crowd-size

if they feel like lying hardcore about such a non-event and spicer doesn't even ask himself how he can do that disservice to the nation...where does it end?
JJC

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/822939003234041856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Good stuff. Many of these fake news stories also made it here to Atlas, like the Trump administration deleting civil rights mentions for the White house website (false), and Trump crowd sizes.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:26:10 PM »

Wow. I mean, well, this is pretty pathetic. This is our reality now. A president that can't accept that his inauguration featured very low turnout. Nope - better idea is to try and change reality and stuff lies down the throats of the public! And ironically as Spicer said certain photos were used to push the narrative that it was low turnout, he used misleading photos.

This is the kind of stuff that worries me about Trump. He doesn't care about lying one bit. He'll lie about anything, but particularly anything that threatens his fragile little ego. I don't think we've had a president in recent times that has been as brazen a liar as Trump, and it looks like his administration/staff is poised to carry on that behavior.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:28:40 PM »

we lose our right to criticize hateful third-world dictators who lie and make up stuff all the time....i am sure, some of his fan are going to swallow everything or think the benefits are going to overshadow the costs.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »

I watched it live and was appalled. Not only at Spicer, for saying what he said, but at myself for expecting a higher degree of professionalism from this White House. In reality, this is shaping up even worse than I was expecting. Spicer outright accused the media of being pathological liars, not only about the crowd size at the inauguration, but also about the crowd size of the protests and for being the ones distorting Trump's inauguration message of unity for the sake of sowing division. What unity was in Trump's speech? How can you simultaneously say that this was the largest inauguration attendance and assert that there are no official numbers?

Pravda will have some competition.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 06:31:56 PM »

How long till Trump starts telling us he was born in a rainbow and had a round of golf with 18 hole-in-ones?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:18 PM »

Jesus Christ, go back to bragging about your penis size if it makes you feel better.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »

Blah blah blah.

Any news I don't like is fake news
JJC

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »

Blah blah blah.

So you're saying that a Washington reporter tweeting out that Trump removed the MLK bust from the office - which got spread all over social media - isn't fake news?

You see, when the left first blamed their loss on fake news after the election, what they were doing was projecting. It's what they do.

In case you didn't know, there's another word for fake news. One that's been used since the dawn of civilization: Propaganda.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:55:43 PM »

Spicer is gaslighting so hard.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »

So you're saying that a Washington reporter tweeting out that Trump removed the MLK bust from the office

Did I? Or was that you? I'm not surprised how fast you filled in the gaps from my very brief and useless post. It fits well with your stunning ability to reshape reality to portray Trump in a positive light.

So I say again:

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »

It is pivotal that the media call out all of the Trump administration's lies. It will be hard work because there will be so many of them, but democracy will depend on it.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 07:26:17 PM »

THis is chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting at the same time.  What more can be said? 
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »

Well, if Virginia's post from a few weeks ago wasn't true enough then, it sure is now. Rejecting anything that you don't like as a "hoax" or "false reporting" is a dangerous path to go down.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »

Blah blah blah.

So you're saying that a Washington reporter tweeting out that Trump removed the MLK bust from the office - which got spread all over social media - isn't fake news?

You see, when the left first blamed their loss on fake news after the election, what they were doing was projecting. It's what they do.

In case you didn't know, there's another word for fake news. One that's been used since the dawn of civilization: Propaganda.

Sounds like the brainwashed Trump cultists are now taking talking points from North Korea. Any criticism of the Dear Leader is forbidden!

How many days until Trump tries to set up his own state-run media that only runs "favorable" coverage of his travesty of a presidency? Of course, his supporters would believe anything on it and any other media is, as this dupe has said, FAKE NEWS!!

Sad!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 07:59:01 PM by #BillMaher2020 »

THis is chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting at the same time.  What more can be said?  

Hillary's emails are much more chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting though.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »

THis is chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting at the same time.  What more can be said? 

Hillary's emails is much more chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting though.

-Fact-check: true.

Indeed, Spicer is a bad liar.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »

Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 08:03:45 PM by Mike88 »

You have to be kidding me!?!? But honestly, i don't know what's worse, this sad presentation or his speech in the CIA.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/822939003234041856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Good stuff. Many of these fake news stories also made it here to Atlas, like the Trump administration deleting civil rights mentions for the White house website (false), and Trump crowd sizes.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »

You have to be kidding me!?!? But honestly, i don't know what's worse, this sad presentation or his speech in the CIA.

The speech to the CIA has the double whammy of "Filling the sides of the room with paid staffers to cheer" and "Giving a rant about your crowd sizes in front of a memorial to fallen CIA agents"
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 08:10:28 PM »

The speech to the CIA has the double whammy of "Filling the sides of the room with paid staffers to cheer" and "Giving a rant about your crowd sizes in front of a memorial to fallen CIA agents"
Well I guess we know what the Bible was talking about when it mentioned the "abomination of desolation"
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »

Well I guess we know what the Bible was talking about when it mentioned the "abomination of desolation"

Is that in Two Corinthians?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »

The media just needs to ignore Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel