Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts"  (Read 5734 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:17 PM »

Well, the people fools who cannot distinguish the real and the fake will, eventually, do some very, very stupid things. Alas, these people now have power to decide what is going to happen.

Anyway, enjoy you stupid laughter, while your own house burns with your children inside.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »

And who was responsible for making sure that the crowd were able to get through as quickly and efficiently as possible. Well that would be the authorities of DC, the Civil Service. Who hate Trump and all voted for Clinton (and before that Obama). DC voted Clinton over Trump 91% to 4%

The trouble is: there have been no serious reports of crowds trying to, and not being able to get in Smiley

Anyway, with your Russian approach to news and truth, before long you will invest your life  savings into the wonderful investment scheme to purchase the Brooklyn Bridge from Mr. Trump. I am sure, you will live happily every after, in secure knowledge that your old age is provided for.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »

Why aren't the Trumpers arguing that the crowd was smaller because of the bad weather? At least that probably is an explanation for some of it. Makes way more sense than blaming a CONSPIRACY!!1
]

Better yet they could have salvaged this by pointing out that D.C votes 90% Democrat.

They do. But they immediately spoil this by saying that the DC folk somehow prevented the crowds from gathering - rather than by making the obvious (and correct) observation that they just stayed home.

I mean, it is not merely DC: it is the entire core Washington-Baltimore area. Below I list a contigous block of counties around DC that voted for Clinton: arguably, Trump and his administration are no more popular there, then an actual Russian occupation army billeted in private homes would be.

DC: Clinton 90.8%, Trump 4.09%
Prince George's County, MD: C 88.13%, T 8.4%
City of Baltimore, MD: 84.66%, T 10.53%
Arlington County, VA: C 75.83%, T 16.64%
City of Alexandria, VA: C 75.56%, T 17.54%
City of Falls Church, VA C 75%, T 17.1%
Montgomery County, MD: C 74.72%, T 19.36%
Fairfax County, VA: C 64.63%, T 28.61%
Howard County, MD: C 63.26%, T 29.28%
Charles County, MD: C 63.01%, T 32.71%
City of Fairfax, VA: C 61.2%, T 30.8%
City of Manassas Park, VA: C 61.2%, T 33.1%
Prince William County, VA: C 57.6%, T 36.51%
Baltimore County, MD: C 55.91%, T 38.26%
Loudoun County, VA: C 55.06, T 38.21%
City of Manassas, VA: C 54.7%, T 38.6
Anne Arundel County, MD 47.55%, T 45.32% (it had not voted for a Dem since 1964)

The nearest large county in the immediate vicinity that went for Trump was Frederick, MD: and even there he only got 47.36%. Pretty much all others are not, really suburban. Overwhelmingly, anybody used to regularly coming to DC comes from solid Clinton areas.

So, the Trumpistas, actually, for once had a very solid argument for why a low turnout is nothing to be ashemed of: the city is really extremely hostile to them, but it is not representantive of the country. They could have said something about the "Beltway" - and, actually, for once they would have been right. But they cannot acknowledge a defeat, even in such a minor battle, inside the enemy territory.  So, rather than staying with the facts (which, in this case, allow for an absolutely honorable interpretation), they have to invent them.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 09:53:05 PM by ag »

And now we have:
Lie -> Alternative fact

I would like to suggest a better version. How about a "trump fact". Or, even better, just a "trump".

It would just roll so nicely off the tongue: "this is a trump!", "I caught you on a trump!", etc.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:19:39 PM »

Evidence that long lines kept people out of Inauguration from Right Side Broadcasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1EZUlW9nQ

Now tell us how jet fuel can't cause industrial girders to crack, and Neil Armstrong's shadow on the moon was obviously caused by backlighting.

Want to be my partner in selling him the Brooklyn Bridge? He will buy, I am sure.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:30:11 AM »

Mila Kunis is my girlfriend. That's not a lie, it's just an alternative fact.

Are you saying it is a trump?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:35 AM »

Or, even better, just a "trump".
Already taken - in Britain, it's a slang for passing gas in a loud and obnoxious way.

Next thing I know, you will start telling me, what a "fag" is Smiley

English is an American language!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies