Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:08:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?  (Read 38595 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2004, 09:00:21 AM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?

Hm, funny that I will have to do this again...

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

I just thought I'd try to lure him into responding substantively. I apologize for not ignoring him. Bad me.

: )

Oh, believe me, we have tried that many times. It doesn't work.
Carey
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.38, S: -5.74

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2004, 12:18:36 AM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

he is? Now I feel bad for reacting to his points, and in some places agreeing with him *feels dirty*
NHPolitico

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2004, 09:47:34 AM »

he is? Now I feel bad for reacting to his points, and in some places agreeing with him *feels dirty*

Take a long hot shower. Use a loofah. Maybe that will help.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2004, 04:50:35 PM »

on the point about more people voting than living in the state of Loving County, i think there is a bit of a history of this in american (and probably most country's) politics, if you look at the stats for the 1960 presidential election, about 5 million more people voted than were registered to vote
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2004, 01:55:48 AM »

I'll be honest I like Arnold. I think he and Riordan are the only two republicans who could win here, Simon I like the guy its just he has the charisma of Al Gore. McClintock I like his believes he was just too conservitive for california right now and a bit arrogant. Darell Issa has earned my support no matter what he's running for(he gave up running for governor so his party could have a chance to win and so the state could get back on track by sitting out and not hogging votes) but again might be too conservitive for Cali.

Schwarzenegger should win big if he runs again. Notice I say if, Maria might not want him to run for re-elaction if things are getting stressful on the family or getting politocaly personal. If this happens and Schwarzenegger drops out for personal reasons expect Riordan to step up to the plate and with Arnold's endorsement easily take the republican nomination and beat the democrats candidate who will probably be just another "I have experience vote me" candidates.

NHPolitico

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2004, 01:08:19 PM »

I'll be honest I like Arnold. I think he and Riordan are the only two republicans who could win here, Simon I like the guy its just he has the charisma of Al Gore. McClintock I like his believes he was just too conservitive for california right now and a bit arrogant. Darell Issa has earned my support no matter what he's running for(he gave up running for governor so his party could have a chance to win and so the state could get back on track by sitting out and not hogging votes) but again might be too conservitive for Cali.

Schwarzenegger should win big if he runs again. Notice I say if, Maria might not want him to run for re-elaction if things are getting stressful on the family or getting politocaly personal. If this happens and Schwarzenegger drops out for personal reasons expect Riordan to step up to the plate and with Arnold's endorsement easily take the republican nomination and beat the democrats candidate who will probably be just another "I have experience vote me" candidates.

I heard that Schwarzenegger met with Riordan before deciding and was surprised by how unorganized and out of it that Riordan seemed. That knowledge pushed him to run himself rather than encourage Riordan.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2004, 01:19:34 PM »

I heard that Schwarzenegger met with Riordan before deciding and was surprised by how unorganized and out of it that Riordan seemed. That knowledge pushed him to run himself rather than encourage Riordan.

Hmmm thats interesting I've never heard that before.

NHPolitico

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2004, 03:34:47 PM »

Hmmm thats interesting I've never heard that before.

It explains why his surprise announcement came as a shock to Riordan aides.  He apparently really wanted Riordan to do it, and was basicly forced to do it himself because of his impression of Riordan as a statewide candidate. Maria was very reluctant and hoped that he'd only do it as a last resort. Apparently Riordan was bad enough to get him to the last resort point.  It also explains how Riordan went from frontrunner to flop in the 2002 GOP nomination process.  Schwarzenegger showed incredible political instincts and still shows them daily.  In some ways, I think he may have surprised himself.
muharepublic

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2004, 05:07:59 PM »

Of course, he will.  He is the ideal centrist the Republicans need to win ANY statewide race in California.  Unless he does anything stupid, he should be re-elected.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2004, 02:03:10 AM »

Arnold will get Re-elected.  He is a democrat in wolf's clothing.

Californians didn't replace a Democrat with a Republican they replaced a bland Gray Davis with the dynamic liberal terminator.

Arnold winning clinched California for the democrats. There is no Gray Davis twisting in the wind, hurting Kerry out there.

Arnold's greatest worry is survivng the GOP primary, he's much too liberal to win it unless a lot of people give in and vote for the most electable candidate.

Even if he loses the primary he'll just run like Jesse Ventura for a third party. I'm sure Jesse will even campaign with him. NOW that would be a muscular pair.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2004, 03:11:35 AM »

Arnold is NOT a democrat and he is NOT a liberal.  He is a strong, forceful voice for moderate Republicans such as myself who are the majority of Republicans and true conservatives.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2004, 04:54:02 AM »

I didn't say Arnold is a liberal in the whole realm of American politics, he is liberal for a Republican

He is pro-choice, pro-civil union (he is against gay marriage, but his stances about SF are mainly to uphold Cali law), supports medical marajuana, suports some reasonable gun laws.

All of these views are NOT espoused by the national republican party.

His tax cutting, spending slashing ideals? Well the tax cutting is the Republican party stance, although his tax cutting plan seems to be far more modest than the one the national party endorses. However, the spending slashing obviously is not espoused by the national Republican party, look at Dubya ...

Arnold a republican? Yes, people are the party they say they are.

Not to mention his support for 'kooky' 'liberal' things like hydrogen highways, protecting the environment, solar energy, and 'reduce dependence from foreign oil' , etc.

If you described Arnold to an Average republican in the Deep South, they probably would say "sounds like some liberal Yankee, except the tax cutting"

If moderate republicans like Arnold were the majority of Republicans , the world would be a better place ...
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2004, 01:24:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok.. and if you described Arnold to an Average democrat in Berkley, they probably would say "Oh my Gaia.. that ultra christian conservative corporate pig fascist!"

If moderate democrats like Evan Bayh were the majority of Democrats, the world would also be a better place Smiley
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2004, 01:00:13 AM »

All Democrats at Berkley think all Republicans are fascists.

But not all Republicans in the Deep South think that all moderate Republicans are liberal yankee Democrats.

Yet unless  California Republicans swallow their conservative pride Arnold could lose the primary, and be forced to become a member of Jesse Ventura's party.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2004, 04:17:56 PM »

I think Arnold will win re-election!

It's one of the first Republican victories in California in awhile and they're not going to want to lose it so they'll nominate Arnold in the primaries so then he'll go on to win his re-election!
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2004, 06:20:29 PM »

I like Arnold. His policies seem to actually be doing something in California.

Although I did find it humorous when he said that one thing.

"KALLYFORNIA IS THE NUMBA ONE STATE IN THE UNION!"

I'd rather not see him tip the state to Bush though, which I doubt will happen anyway.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2004, 06:21:23 PM »

Ok.. and if you described Arnold to an Average democrat in Berkley, they probably would say "Oh my Gaia.. that ultra christian conservative corporate pig fascist!"

If moderate democrats like Evan Bayh were the majority of Democrats, the world would also be a better place Smiley

if more Republicans were like Arnold, the world might be a bit better Wink
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2004, 07:44:43 PM »

If more Republicans were like Arnold I could see myself voting for them. I would support Arnold over Davis.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2004, 09:11:09 PM »

We are like Arnold!  We are!
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2004, 03:01:15 PM »

I've no doubt that you are, htmldon Smiley, and quite possibly other state/local Republicans, but it's clear that the White House is not exactly like Arnold, and that's where it counts. I vote for the person, not the party. Some really good local Republicans around here I should be supporting come election time.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2004, 04:36:29 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2004, 04:37:29 PM by Kghadial »

That's untrue.

How many republican office holders/candidates support civil unions, and wouldn't be against gay marriage if the people voted for it?
How many republican office holders/candidates are pro-choice?
How many republican office holders/candidates support medical marajuana?
How many republican office holders/candidates actually will not defer to the NRA on every single gun issue?
How many republicans in Washington are for balancing the budget? they are all pigs at the trough.

Arnold is for civil unions, choice, medical dope, reasonable gun laws, and he talks tough about deficits. He is more liberal than Evan Bayh, (Bayh is a deficit hawk too).

Of Senators only McCain, Chafee, Snowe, Specter, and Hagel (that's off the top of my head) are republicans who are reasonably like Arnold. Practically all the rest are far to the right.

If Arnold was a senator he would be the most liberal republican by quite a bit, and probably to the left of Bayh, Lieberman, Zell Miller (duh), and Breaux

Arnold is a Republican only because he likes them, and that was the only way he could become governor of California.

Arnold is an awful lot like Clinton. However in California i guess he counts as a republican, barely.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2004, 06:51:24 PM »

Unfortunately, far too few.

Hundreds.  See the WISH list - http://www.thewishlist.org/

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson was the foremost advocate of not just medical marijuana but marijuana legalization.

How many Democrats will not defer to the gun control lobby?

Checkmate.  I can't argue against that one.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2004, 03:22:07 PM »

I wanted Tom McClintoc in 2003.
NHPolitico

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2004, 12:41:19 PM »

Checkmate.  I can't argue against that one.

Ron Paul. John McCain.
Rev. Matthew
Rookie

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2004, 04:59:55 PM »

Most likely. Is he going to run again?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies