Angola regime newspaper says Portugal is going to interfere in their elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Angola regime newspaper says Portugal is going to interfere in their elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Angola regime newspaper says Portugal is going to interfere in their elections  (Read 704 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
« edited: January 22, 2017, 09:23:36 AM by Mike88 »

Angola regime newspaper posted in their editorial today that the Portuguese government is preparing a massive and "diabolic" plan to mess with their general elections in August. They are literally comparing this "supposed interference" with Trump's victory in the US.

This editorial is pure comedy and regularly they accuse Portugal of all sort of things, but this one paints Portugal like a world superpower.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link:
http://jornaldeangola.sapo.ao/opiniao/a_palavra_do_director/a_viragem_no_caminho_da_america

http://www.dn.pt/portugal/interior/jornal-de-angola-diz-que-portugal-tem-plano-diabolico-para-interferir-nas-eleicoes-5621301.html
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »

How does it feel that someone somewhere still sees Portugal as a threat? Tongue
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »

How does it feel that someone somewhere still sees Portugal as a threat? Tongue
It feels like we are a huge superpower country like Russia!
But seriously, this is ridiculous. All of these accusations started when police here in Portugal, started investigating one of the vice presidents of Angola. They suspected that he was using Portuguese banks for money laundry and since then this newspaper accuses, regularly, Portugal of harassing Angola.
These editorials actually, in my opinion, lift up the public mood about Portugal. 
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:38:35 AM »

My Portuguese isn't great, but I believe this says something along the lines of "maybe it wouldn't be bad to follow Trump's example and decide our own destinies!"
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »

My Portuguese isn't great, but I believe this says something along the lines of "maybe it wouldn't be bad to follow Trump's example and decide our own destinies!"
Your Portuguese is quite good actually! Smiley Yes, what they are saying is that Angola should make their own choices and don't give a crap about what Portugal or the world thinks. Just like Trump. Although in the rest of article, they say Trump's victory was a fraud because Hillary won the popular vote.

But this statement is ludicrous and so hypocritical. In reality Portugal doesn't want any change in Angola, on the contrary. The daughter of the President of Angola, Isabel dos Santos, is a shareholder in many companies and banks in Portugal and in some cases she has the majority of the shares so, any change in the government in Angola would be bad news for Portugal.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Your Portuguese is quite good actually! Smiley Yes, what they are saying is that Angola should make their own choices and don't give a crap about what Portugal or the world thinks. Just like Trump. Although in the rest of article, they say Trump's victory was a fraud because Hillary won the popular vote.

But this statement is ludicrous and so hypocritical. In reality Portugal doesn't want any change in Angola, on the contrary. The daughter of the President of Angola, Isabel dos Santos, is a shareholder in many companies and banks in Portugal and in some cases she has the majority of the shares so, any change in the government in Angola would be bad news for Portugal.

Obrigado!  I read Diario de Noticias to keep myself from forgetting Portuguese.  It often has stories that English language media doesn't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies