Most influental forum user
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Most influental forum user
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who is the most infuental forum user?
Kalwejt

Crumpets

Lief

Ljube

Senator Scott

Mr Morden

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Most influental forum user  (Read 2572 times)
Rutter
Rookie
South Africa
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »

I'm a newbie that's why I am interested in taking some of the forum users as a model.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »

Odd list... Of these, Morden, Kal, and Lief, I guess, but it really depends on who one's friends are. The mighty Da-Jon and t_host1 should be on this list too, I think.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:44 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 12:25:22 PM by Torie »

How can Morden be on the list, when he almost never really states a personal political opinion? That boy is the ultimate technocrat. And BRTD isn't on the list. I mean, he seems to be the center of attention most of the time, with Kal his chief enabler. Yeah, Kal posts a lot, but about what, other than BRTD? Crumpets? Who the F is he? That troll Lief? Thank heavens in due course his accelerating legal career will truncate the time that he has to troll us, as he moves ever closer to joining the 1%. And then the twin newbies: the Trumpster and the anti-Trumpster Just pathetic. I had better stop now. Tongue
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:40:31 PM »

The lack of BRTD on this list is immoral, and disgusting.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »

CrabCake.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »

BRTD.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »

I think the fact that I have more posts than all but one on this list yet wasn't included says a lot about how bland and forgettable my posting style is. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »

kljackson's posting made a lasting impact on this place.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »

Kalwejt, for sure. So many legendary posts.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 01:57:01 PM by Crumpets »

I'm a newbie that's why I am interested in taking some of the forum users as a model.

If you're looking for a model of what type of posts people like, you can always check out the "good post" thread here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207457.0

I'm not sure if emulating any poster in particular is the best way to go, but I think Kal, Virginia, and CrabCake are all good role models in terms of their posts here. BRTD is pretty sui generis when it comes to posting style, and unless you are as um... individualistic as him, don't even try.

In general, you can never go wrong if you 1) are informed on what you're talking about, 2) are willing to defend your opinions and 3) don't take it too personally or seriously. We're not actually formulating policy or running campaigns here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 01:53:02 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 01:55:29 PM by Kalwejt »

Virginia was probably the most influential poster of the 2015. Al is among most influential since the beginning of timeforum. Out of those inactive people like Lewis, Lunar, Xahar should be mentioned.

Hamilton was influential for wrong reasons.

I can think of very few posters who influenced the forum subculture as OC.

In terms of real power, it's obviously Morden. He can ban you like stepping on a bug.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »

Probably Al or someone like that. Could've been Oakvale at some point.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 03:09:19 PM by Virginia »

Kal, CrabCake and BRTD were the most influential posters to me when I first joined, although I think Kal only became active again a couple months after I joined.

I'd say this list is clearly lacking. Ljube? Really? That guy is either here just to troll or he is completely devoid of thought and logic. He acts more like a very lazy propaganda spreader than anything else. His posts are usually just a couple sentences or so of absolute statements that are tend to be divorced from reality/facts.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »

I was actually going to say Ljube and was pleasantly surprised to see him on the list...
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 03:29:14 PM »

Tom RINO. Half the forum is made up of his puppets. What he says is law.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »

I was actually going to say Ljube and was pleasantly surprised to see him on the list...

No you weren't. You're just being a contrarian.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 03:50:16 PM »

Only one poster is responsible for the Kerrey Effect.
Rutter
Rookie
South Africa
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »

Thanks to all!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 04:39:15 PM »

I can't imagine this forum without Kal or Crabcake.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 05:09:39 PM »

Muon obviously
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 05:50:33 PM »

Virginia was probably the most influential poster of the 2015. Al is among most influential since the beginning of timeforum. Out of those inactive people like Lewis, Lunar, Xahar should be mentioned.

In terms of real power, it's obviously Morden. He can ban you like stepping on a bug.

-Virginia famously called Florida for HRC if Marco didn't win the nomination back in 2015. If she's the most influential poster of that year, man, was the forum under a spell.
Eharding

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »

-Virginia famously called Florida for HRC if Marco didn't win the nomination back in 2015. If she's the most influential poster of that year, man, was the forum under a spell.
Please apologize for this most dishonorable post. Everyone was saying stuff like that.

-If everyone was saying stuff like that, the spell must have been even stronger than I thought.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 06:16:34 PM by Virginia »

I didn't join until the very, very end of 2015. Did you mean 2016? Also, you registered in 2017. How would you even know what I said that long ago?

Anyway, when I mentioned who was influential to me, their predictions were not even a factor. So many things matter more to me than their casual or even informed prognostications. If they mean everything to you, then I certainly would not be influential (altho I don't think I'm influential anyway, so meh). I also didn't think Trump would sweep the rustbelt. I was also confident of a hillaryslide once the pussy tapes hit, but I a) failed to realize how short the attention span of the electorate is, b) how animosity towards Clinton mattered more to many, and c) that Clinton would find herself embroiled in more FBI crap, as usual.

As they say, live and learn. This was my first election I've paid close attention to, and I feel I've learned a lot and will surely learn from my mistakes - well, most of them anyway
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2017, 06:16:00 AM by White Trash »

The forum users most influential to me personally have been Santander, Tony, Kalwejt, Intell, Smilo, Nathan and LLR.
Eharding

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »

I didn't join until the very, very end of 2015. Did you mean 2016? Also, you registered in 2017. How would you even know what I said that long ago?

Anyway, when I mentioned who was influential to me, their predictions were not even a factor. So many things matter more to me than their casual or even informed prognostications. If they mean everything to you, then I certainly would not be influential (altho I don't think I'm influential anyway, so meh). I also didn't think Trump would sweep the rustbelt. I was also confident of a hillaryslide once the pussy tapes hit, but I a) failed to realize how short the attention span of the electorate is, b) how animosity towards Clinton mattered more to many, and c) that Clinton would find herself embroiled in more FBI crap, as usual.

As they say, live and learn. This was my first election I've paid close attention to, and I feel I've learned a lot and will surely learn from my mistakes - well, most of them anyway

-2015 was what Kalwejt said. I paid reasonably close attention to the 2012 and 2008 elections, but knew full well Obama would win both, so I didn't bother with predicting states. I consider prediction accuracy to be very important in how much attention to pay to a poster. I considered the fundamentals of this election to be such that the popular vote would be very close, certainly closer than in 2012, and I consistently predicted Trump would win Florida throughout the cycle, but did not see the rust belt sweep coming, and overestimated Trump's chances in New Hampshire. I predicted a Trump win all the way until Trump's polling failed to recover substantially from the second debate, after which I concluded Trump would probably lose, but still get over 250 electoral votes.

I regularly look through posters' archives to get a sense of them.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies