Martin Heinrich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:44:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Martin Heinrich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Martin Heinrich  (Read 1762 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »

Since he's kind of become a meme here imagine if Atlas somehow ended up inadvertently casting him into the national spotlight and making him a candidate in 2020.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:51:40 PM »

It's possible. The Democratic field is wide open, right now. Heinrich/Gabbard or Heinrich/Kander, Heinrich/De Blasio would be good tickets.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:28:34 AM »

Heinrich/Bullock or Heinrich/J.B. Edwards
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 01:29:09 AM »

What did he become a meme of? Is he just the Schweitzer of 2016 because I thought that was Tulsi?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 02:19:08 PM »

What did he become a meme of? Is he just the Schweitzer of 2016 because I thought that was Tulsi?

Just seems like a lot of people here are infatuated with him for some odd reason and he's come up on google searches linked to atlas.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »

Just seems like a lot of people here are infatuated with him for some odd reason and he's come up on google searches linked to atlas.

I take credit for about half of those.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

The guy is interesting, but I wonder if he even has the ambition. For example, he is one of the democratic Senator that introduced the least bills in the last congress. He really doesn't try to be in the spotlight. He didn't even get a speech at the DNC.

Of course, that could also be an advantage. He could be the new young handsome Senator from a diverse, dynamic state, that nobody has ever heard of. This is how Jimmy Carter became President, after all. Also, he has been voted the most handsome Senator.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »

He voted against lowereing drug prices along with Booker. The base will not let that go, he has a 0% chance.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 08:44:06 PM »

The guy is interesting, but I wonder if he even has the ambition. For example, he is one of the democratic Senator that introduced the least bills in the last congress. He really doesn't try to be in the spotlight. He didn't even get a speech at the DNC.

Of course, that could also be an advantage. He could be the new young handsome Senator from a diverse, dynamic state, that nobody has ever heard of. This is how Jimmy Carter became President, after all. Also, he has been voted the most handsome Senator.
Definitely top three(Jeff Flake, Martin Heinrich, Mitch McConnell).
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 08:47:38 PM »

He voted against lowereing drug prices along with Booker. The base will not let that go, he has a 0% chance.

There are various black marks against both candidates but a midnight vote on drug prices is not going to singlehandedly sink anyone's candidacy.
SCNCmod

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2017, 09:32:03 PM by SCNCmod »

Definitely top three(Jeff Flake, Martin Heinrich, Mitch McConnell).

Jeff Flake & Martin Heinrich did that reality show on discovery ... Rival Survival (or something like that).. where they were on a "Survivor" type island for a week together.  It was an effort to show Senators could work together etc.  I guess the producer was trying to drum up viewers by picking the 2 voted best looking senators.... I guess they left McConnell out.  (I think Flake & Heinrich actually are really good friends in the Senate)

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »

Voted against prescription drug imports, so no thanks.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »

I endorse.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 10:43:44 PM »

There are various black marks against both candidates but a midnight vote on drug prices is not going to singlehandedly sink anyone's candidacy.

With drug prices soaring and Health care likely being a huge issue if ACA is repealed, I don't see him getting the support of liberals no.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »

Maybe he has a good justification for this vote.

Also, it makes sense that he's friend with Jeff Flake, since their states shares a border, I guess.
By the way, third place for most handsome would go to Ben Sasse, if only he had a new haircut. He looks like a dork right now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies