FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:47:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed)  (Read 1117 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: January 26, 2017, 04:08:04 PM »

I offer the following amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The singular purpose of this amendment is to correct some ambiguous language and minor grammatical errors in the original draft of the bill (my thanks to Representative Goldwater for his assistance). It does not alter the substance of the proposal at hand. That said, I would be interested to see an amendment along the lines of that discussed by Legislators Simossad and RFayette. Personally, I'm of the opinion that medical licenses ought to be revoked, or at least suspended, after the first infraction - it seems odd to me that a doctor could twice violate regional law and be allowed to continue practicing medicine as if nothing had happened.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 09:10:13 PM »

I offer the following amendment:

The singular purpose of this amendment is to correct some ambiguous language and minor grammatical errors in the original draft of the bill (my thanks to Representative Goldwater for his assistance). It does not alter the substance of the proposal at hand. That said, I would be interested to see an amendment along the lines of that discussed by Legislators Simossad and RFayette. Personally, I'm of the opinion that medical licenses ought to be revoked, or at least suspended, after the first infraction - it seems odd to me that a doctor could twice violate regional law and be allowed to continue practicing medicine as if nothing had happened.
Is this good RFayette.
Suggestion: 3.1 should probably read "a three (3) to five (5) year jail sentence."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »

Right, one question:

Is this a typo, or did the sponsor actually mean to write "procured?" I cannot support any legislation that would sentence a person to 5 years in prison for receiving an abortion.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:34:08 PM »

While in favor of the provisions set forth in Section 2, the prescribed jail sentence set forth by Section 3, clause i of this bill is poorly worded and could conceivably be construed as to mandate the imprisonment of women who seek illegal abortions. Under no circumstances will I support such a policy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies