FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:26:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FE 8:Fremont Abortion Regulation act (vetoed)  (Read 1116 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 23, 2017, 01:01:05 AM »

I support any and all restrictions on abortion, but the penalty for illegal abortions is far too lenient.  The medical certificate should be immediately revoked and a manslaughter charge, at a minimum, ought to be imposed. 

These are changes I would like to the bill, at the very minimum.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:10:49 AM »

I support any and all restrictions on abortion, but the penalty for illegal abortions is far too lenient.  The medical certificate should be immediately revoked and a manslaughter charge, at a minimum, ought to be imposed. 

These are changes I would like to the bill, at the very minimum.

I think the aim of this bill is not just to restrict abortion, but to regulate it. The sponsor is obviously not opposed to abortion, he wants it to take place in a framework that both provides the health of the mother and the dignity of human life as soon as we are able to talk about a human life. I don't see your point.

If someone acknowledges that it is wrong for late-term abortions, it seems to follow that it would be based on the dignity of human life, and I think that dignity is worth far more than $50,000.  If we're being intellectually consistent here, the penalty needs to be higher, I'd assert.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »

I think some jail time is necessary at a minimum - most states would have at least 1 year penalty for manslaughter.  I would put the advisory sentence at 3-5 years at a minimum, but any time is better than nothing.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

I propose an amendment to add a 3-5 year advisory sentence for each illegal abortion procured.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »

I like this change and would vote aye on it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies