DNC Chair Candidate: My job is to tell white people when to shut their mouths
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:37:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DNC Chair Candidate: My job is to tell white people when to shut their mouths
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DNC Chair Candidate: My job is to tell white people when to shut their mouths  (Read 3752 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 10:35:58 PM »

For conservatives hoping that this attitude takes over the entire Democratic Party: Be careful what you wish for. Plenty of Democrats wanted Trumpism to take over the Republican Party during the primaries. Cheer on this type of attitude, and someone who talks like this me be our next president.

This is actually why I really want these people to lose. Politics is cyclical; there will come a time when the Dems are back on the upswing. When that happens I hope they elect someone sane.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »

For conservatives hoping that this attitude takes over the entire Democratic Party: Be careful what you wish for. Plenty of Democrats wanted Trumpism to take over the Republican Party during the primaries. Cheer on this type of attitude, and someone who talks like this me be our next president.

This is actually why I really want these people to lose. Politics is cyclical; there will come a time when the Dems are back on the upswing. When that happens I hope they elect someone sane.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »

what's the point here?

a no-start candidate having outlandish worldviews?
JJC

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 03:35:17 AM »

This is why I think we need an "alt-left" of some sort (though I hesitate in using terms like that).  The snowflakes need to be put in their place by the left as well as the right.

Ctrl-left
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »

This woman is irrelevant, although she does reveal a scary line of thinking present in the dem party. And to be fair, democrats in the media pull up bad comments from really random GOPers as well (like some county chairman saying he didn't want blacks to turnout to vote or something stupid) and use it to say the whole party is evil racist etc.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 09:31:31 PM »

I have no idea how Tim Scott gets elected in SC and why/how he can be a Republican in the first place

Nonsense like this is why your party is losing election after election.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »

Whew, when I clicked I was worried this was flawless Ellison. I give zero f* about this moron.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2017, 02:39:06 AM »

And this is why it doesn't have very many Democrats.

No, it's not?

Idaho is inhospitable to Democrats because Republicans successfully destroyed the institutions that gave the Democratic Party its base (unions). They remade the state, turning Kootenai County, Ada County and Canyon County into massive parking lots where Evangelical and Alex Jones listening freaks congregate. Every year, dozens of weirdos with arsenals move to the rural hinterlands nearby by Highway 95 north of Coeur d' Alene to build their redoubt and they've accumulated to the degree that they matter.

What makes Idaho different from some other "working class" state is that its disgusting tendencies are imported from deranged nutcases from California. North Idaho used to be the most left-wing part of Idaho and now it's a complex of freaks, a series of guns and ammo stores lining a highway. Mining companies and smelters poisoned the working class, they're dying of opiate abuse etc. Freaks are moving in to replace them. The working class doesn't even remember its identity, which doesn't help.

Boise is a ray of hope, I guess, but it's never going to become an agglomeration that supports urban professionals who would vote for Democrats at the rates necessary to make the state competitive. That said, Democrats could put a token in the Governor's seat in 2018; there's definitely a ticket-splitting tendency that remains.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2017, 02:43:20 AM »

No, it's not?

Idaho is inhospitable to Democrats because Republicans successfully destroyed the institutions that gave the Democratic Party its base (unions). They remade the state, turning Kootenai County, Ada County and Canyon County into massive parking lots where Evangelical and Alex Jones listening freaks congregate. Every year, dozens of weirdos with arsenals move to the rural hinterlands nearby by Highway 95 north of Coeur d' Alene to build their redoubt and they've accumulated to the degree that they matter.

What makes Idaho different from some other "working class" state is that its disgusting tendencies are imported from deranged nutcases from California. North Idaho used to be the most left-wing part of Idaho and now it's a complex of freaks, a series of guns and ammo stores lining a highway. Mining companies and smelters poisoned the working class, they're dying of opiate abuse etc. Freaks are moving in to replace them. The working class doesn't even remember its identity, which doesn't help.

Boise is a ray of hope, I guess, but it's never going to become an agglomeration that supports urban professionals who would vote for Democrats at the rates necessary to make the state competitive. That said, Democrats could put a token in the Governor's seat in 2018; there's definitely a ticket-splitting tendency that remains.

Surely Mormonism also plays a role in it, yes?  At least in eastern Idaho?  It always had a Republican tilt to it, but that's exacerbated since the 1980s.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2017, 03:29:09 AM »

No, it's not?

Surely Mormonism also plays a role in it, yes?  At least in eastern Idaho?  It always had a Republican tilt to it, but that's exacerbated since the 1980s.

It plays a role in Idaho's historic tendencies but not in its long-term trend. Mormons still have a high propensity for ticket-splitting for LDS Democrats, as they always have. Balukoff did well because of this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »

Idaho Democratic Party is like the Loch Ness Monster. They say it exists, but actual evidences are scarce.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2017, 09:31:23 AM »

<-
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »

Idaho Democratic Party is like the Loch Ness Monster. They say it exists, but actual evidences are scarce.

Never forget...

P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2017, 04:17:23 AM »

time to bring back alien sedition acts IMO.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 01:58:45 PM »

Never forget...

Must be fake.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

please dont pick this person i dont want to live in a one party system and i support republicans so that something.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Huh? I mean maybe they do end up doubling down on identity politics, but this is just from one candidate. What is there to suggest she is the new front-runner? You can't just take every statement from every candidate and act like, yup, that's how the DNC is going to be now. That doesn't make any sense. I didn't watch the GOP primaries and think every single policy or idea stated by any of the candidates was going to become official GOP policy.

If a candidate for the RNC chair said that about women, gays, or people of color, many here would be demanding that the whole of the GOP condemn him/her, run him/her out of their present party postion, and run them out of the party on a rail.  Even that wouldn't be enough; you'd be ranting about her very presence as a contender as evidence of the irredeemably racist/sexist/homophobic/anti-bedwetting GOP.  No protestation would ever be enough in your eyes. 

So I'll play that game.  I demand that the whole of Atlas Red Avatars actively condemn this woman for her lack of inclusiveness, demand her withdrawal from the DNC race, demand her resignation from her present party position, disavow all she's done, and meekly accept criticism of your party for allowing her to even man a phone at a Democratic Phone Bank.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »

I demand that the whole of Atlas Red Avatars actively condemn this woman for her lack of inclusiveness, demand her withdrawal from the DNC race, demand her resignation from her present party position, disavow all she's done, and meekly accept criticism of your party for allowing her to even man a phone at a Democratic Phone Bank.

Wow, the great terror this irrelevant nobody from Idaho has summoned upon this nation.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:38 PM »

please dont pick this person i dont want to live in a one party system and i support republicans so that something.

The lady brought a crystal glass sphere to the Phoenix candidate forum to symbolize a "clear, united party." She is not going to win.

She is the equivalent of the naked man at the Libertarian National Convention last summer; she represents an inaccurate stereotype of a certain strand of thinking within the party, that unfortunately has a platform due to the open nature of the process.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Huh? I mean maybe they do end up doubling down on identity politics, but this is just from one candidate. What is there to suggest she is the new front-runner? You can't just take every statement from every candidate and act like, yup, that's how the DNC is going to be now. That doesn't make any sense. I didn't watch the GOP primaries and think every single policy or idea stated by any of the candidates was going to become official GOP policy.

If a candidate for the RNC chair said that about women, gays, or people of color, many here would be demanding that the whole of the GOP condemn him/her, run him/her out of their present party postion, and run them out of the party on a rail.  Even that wouldn't be enough; you'd be ranting about her very presence as a contender as evidence of the irredeemably racist/sexist/homophobic/anti-bedwetting GOP.  No protestation would ever be enough in your eyes. 

So I'll play that game.  I demand that the whole of Atlas Red Avatars actively condemn this woman for her lack of inclusiveness, demand her withdrawal from the DNC race, demand her resignation from her present party position, disavow all she's done, and meekly accept criticism of your party for allowing her to even man a phone at a Democratic Phone Bank.

Your first paragraph is obviously an extreme over-exaggeration, and every red avatar here has condemned her remarks and mocked her.

If a Republican contender said something like that about gays, women, etc., (well realistically they'd be saying something much worse than this relatively mild statement), half the blue avatars here would be explicitly agreeing with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies