Explain the politics of this voter from my neighborhood.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:22:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Explain the politics of this voter from my neighborhood.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Explain the politics of this voter from my neighborhood.  (Read 623 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »

There's this guy whose house I drive by sometimes, not far from mine. For ages, he's been a very stereotypical Paul voter. I've never met him in person, but he always has loads of yard signs supporting various Libertarian views - end the fed, abolish the NSA, etc. Once Rand Paul dropped out, he switched over to being a Sanders supporter. Then a Trump supporter - all makes some kind of sense. Today I went by his house and saw a "Black Lives Matter" sign next to his Trump sign. What is the overall voting philosophy of someone who is enough of an SJW to put a black lives matter sign in their yard, but still supports Trump enough to keep up their sign for him?
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »

I think that a lot of Ron Paul's base either moved left or right in 2016 and supported Bernie or Trump and a smaller minority supporting Cruz. Though my thought is that this guy maybe didn't have any particular love for Trump but just hated Hillary.
Rjjr77
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »

There's this guy whose house I drive by sometimes, not far from mine. For ages, he's been a very stereotypical Paul voter. I've never met him in person, but he always has loads of yard signs supporting various Libertarian views - end the fed, abolish the NSA, etc. Once Rand Paul dropped out, he switched over to being a Sanders supporter. Then a Trump supporter - all makes some kind of sense. Today I went by his house and saw a "Black Lives Matter" sign next to his Trump sign. What is the overall voting philosophy of someone who is enough of an SJW to put a black lives matter sign in their yard, but still supports Trump enough to keep up their sign for him?
Many libertarians support BLM as they often believe law enforcement infringes on too many personal liberties.

Also many libertarians supported trump due to isolationist foreign policy, tough talk concerning the federal reserve, and his soft stance concerning gay marriage
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

Schizophrenia is it's own demographic.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »

Probably has no ideology other than hating the authorities and the establishment (and sees Paul, Trump, Sanders, and BLM as vehicles to defeat the authorities and the establishment).

Edit: alternatively, maybe they're just saying "black lives matter" as a statement of fact, not an endorsement of all aspects of the movement.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »

I know Sanders supporters, that inevitably supported Trump (or Johnson), that to some extent support BLM.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies