Senior White House officials leaking embarrassing stories about Trump's temperament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:19:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senior White House officials leaking embarrassing stories about Trump's temperament
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senior White House officials leaking embarrassing stories about Trump's temperament  (Read 894 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »

Here’s a recap of those recent NYT/WaPo/Politico stories on how (allegedly) thin-skinned and moody Trump has been in his early days at the White House:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-aides-cant-stop-blabbing-about-how-hes-a-madman.html

But this tidbit from the WaPo story is priceless:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nearly a dozen of Trump’s closest confidantes helped plant an embarrassing news story about how their boss can’t handle embarrassing news stories. Which is to say: A president who prizes loyalty in his subordinates has already been betrayed by a huge swath of his inner circle.

It isn’t hard to understand why Trump’s aides would want to distance themselves from the mogul’s decision to begin his presidency by shouting self-aggrandizing delusions at CIA employees, congressional leaders, and the Fourth Estate. But we aren’t in the late days of a losing campaign, when it’s normal for advisers to start leaking dirt on the boss to save their reputations. We’re less than four full days into the Trump presidency, with (barring death, impeachment, resignation, or coup) at least 1,461 to go.[/quote]
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »

The narcissistic rage is real.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »

Fake news.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

*bump*

Latest batch of “Trump has the maturity of a child” leaks from Trump-world here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263

Apparently, several of his campaign aides last year concluded that the only way to stop him from getting into an ego-induced rage at the sight of media criticism was to leak favorable “news” to conservative media outlets like Breitbart and the Daily Caller, and then hand him printouts of those stories to show that his story was getting out there.  As Jonathan Chait puts it here:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/staffers-plant-alternative-facts-to-stop-trump-from-tweeting.html

The original Politico story includes this remarkable passage about Trump’s fragile psyche:

They make it sound like we’ve elected Anthony Fremont.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

Trump reminds me of the Joe Pesci character in Goodfellas.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »

Totally not surprised. Really creepy if you ask me.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »

lol
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »

If you want some funny stuff try @RoguePOTUSStaff  on Twitter.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 08:02:57 PM by Meclazine »

Nearly a dozen of Trump’s closest confidantes helped plant an embarrassing news story about how their boss can’t handle embarrassing news stories. Which is to say: A president who prizes loyalty in his subordinates has already been betrayed by a huge swath of his inner circle.

It isn’t hard to understand why Trump’s aides would want to distance themselves from the mogul’s decision to begin his presidency by shouting self-aggrandizing delusions at CIA employees, congressional leaders, and the Fourth Estate. But we aren’t in the late days of a losing campaign, when it’s normal for advisers to start leaking dirt on the boss to save their reputations. We’re less than four full days into the Trump presidency, with (barring death, impeachment, resignation, or coup) at least 1,461 to go.

[/quote]

In other words, unsubstantiated crap.

No one is going to be granted interviews with senior White House officials concerning....wait for it.....Trump being betrayed by his senior White House officials.

That is a left wing fantasy. They made up an embarrassing story about how Trump cannot handle embarrassing stories. Give me a break.

And what is the source? Washington Post.

The alien mothership of left wing fantasy.

What is happening is half the country are not emotionally coming to grips with Trump winning so they are signing up for news websites which feed them this garbage.

And then you guys repost it here in the hope of giving it some legitimacy.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 08:13:25 PM »

No one is going to be granted interviews with senior White House officials concerning....wait for it.....Trump being betrayed by his senior White House officials.

That is a left wing fantasy. They made up an embarrassing story about how Trump cannot handle embarrassing stories. Give me a break.

And what is the source? Washington Post.

The alien mothership of left wing fantasy.

The quote I put up from was from the WaPo story, but as I said in the OP, similar "Trump can't handle criticism" type stories have also been leaked by both current White House and former Trump campaign officials to the NYT and Politico as well.  Are all of them participating in some kind of conspiracy?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:23:33 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 08:27:01 PM by Crumpets »

I wish they'd stop pampering him so that we can see Trump in full sissy emo Hulk mode. I'm guessing it's something both his supporters and detractors would massivly enjoy.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:29:52 PM »

It's well known that Little Donny Boy can't handle even the most polite form of criticism.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 08:48:30 PM »

"I am the person with the most temperament you'll ever see in your lifetime."

-some B. S. he might say.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 09:52:42 PM »

You sure he didn't say that already? I feel like I've heard it from him already, lol.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »

You sure he didn't say that already? I feel like I've heard it from him already, lol.

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/27/watch-first-post-debate-ad-skewers-donald-trumps-claim-he-has-a-winning-temperament/

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/trump-i-think-i-have-the-best-temperament-617891395996

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/29/trump-i-have-the-best-temperament-a-winning-temperament/

It's crazy how this is all real. I still find myself wondering if this is really an absurdly detailed dream nightmare world.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/27/watch-first-post-debate-ad-skewers-donald-trumps-claim-he-has-a-winning-temperament/

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/trump-i-think-i-have-the-best-temperament-617891395996

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/29/trump-i-have-the-best-temperament-a-winning-temperament/

It's crazy how this is all real. I still find myself wondering if this is really an absurdly detailed dream nightmare world.

Oops. Doggone it.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 10:09:47 PM »

There is no question that business type sociopaths like Donald dislike disloyalty and criticism within their inner circle of leadership. And unannounced interviews about Donald would be a sackable offence, as it would in most workplaces.

I cannot give out information about my company.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Donald is probably not used to having such a leaky work environment with regards to information.

My experience with government vs business environments are that a well run business would employ around 20% of the staff and use 50% of the budget to achieve the same results.

That is why Trump is looking to cut the beauracracy and that is part of the reason he was elected.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 11:07:03 PM »

*bump*

Latest batch of “Trump has the maturity of a child” leaks from Trump-world here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263

Apparently, several of his campaign aides last year concluded that the only way to stop him from getting into an ego-induced rage at the sight of media criticism was to leak favorable “news” to conservative media outlets like Breitbart and the Daily Caller, and then hand him printouts of those stories to show that his story was getting out there.  As Jonathan Chait puts it here:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/staffers-plant-alternative-facts-to-stop-trump-from-tweeting.html

The original Politico story includes this remarkable passage about Trump’s fragile psyche:

They make it sound like we’ve elected Anthony Fremont.

So, "fake news" is not some diabolical plan to render information meaningless, nor is it building up to an excuse for seizing control of the press nationally. It's just a coping mechanism for the demented spoiled brat in the White House. Figures.

Trump's Razor proves true once again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies