The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:47:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)  (Read 17309 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »

February 2017 Election Update:

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 45.7%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 38%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 9.8%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 5.4%
Write-In: 1.1%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 54.3%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 45.7%
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 45.7%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 38%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 9.8%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 5.4%
Write-In: 1.1%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 54.3%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 45.7%

I think it's time for this:

DFW (FED)
Atlasian Presidential Election - Projected Winner

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »

I think it's time for this:

DFW (FED)
Atlasian Presidential Election - Projected Winner

The Crusader doesn't do projections, though. If other news media wish to do so they're welcome to, but a few cycles in the past some races got called beforehand and that caused something of a debate.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »

JustinTimeCuber independent election research association (JIERA) projection for final runoff round:

[FED] dfwlibertylover 53-59%
[LAB] NeverAgain 41-47%

PROJECTED WINNER

☑ dfwlibertylover
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2017, 07:00:48 PM »

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 46.6%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 36.9%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 9.7%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 5.8%
Write-In: 0.9%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 54.4%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 45.6%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2017, 12:41:06 AM »

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 45.5%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 40.7%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 6.5%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 6.5%
Write-In: 0.8%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 52%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 48%

DFW ELECTED PRESIDENT
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2017, 12:55:45 AM by Lumine »

Breaking:
Dfw defeats NeverAgain

Federalists rout Labor in historic victory despite the odds

An Election Editorial by former President Lumine:

About a couple of weeks ago, it appeared most of the Atlasian politicians gambled on the triumph of Labor in the February 2017 Election. Spurred by an almost unbelievable registration surge that placed Labor almost 20 voters ahead of their main foes, the nomination of the NeverAgain/SouthernGothic ticket and polling (weighted by party or not) showing Labor running ahead helped cement a credible and all too probable narrative of victory for the Labor Party, fresh from a tie in the October Election and in full control of Congress following special and regular Senate elections.

The Crusader (and by extension myself as editor) will be the first to admit that, close to the end of this process, it didn’t believe on the Governor. Finding President Yankee to be the worthy nominee of the center-right after an effective administration, it was with scepticism that I reacted as early days saw the Governor face a complex scandal with the eventual Labor ticket (scandal in which some truths may have been buried out), unexpectedly rise to be the Federalist nominee and begin a campaign which appeared to be doomed given the new demographics of Atlasia. Slowly, but surely, the Governor proved me wrong. Showcasing enthusiasm, persistence and commitment, he began to win support and turn what looked to be sure defeat into a competitive race.

Tonight, the Governor has been elected President despite facing what loomed to be an invincible voter disadvantage, putting together an unusually broad coalition of Atlasians of different beliefs and backgrounds which decided to believe in him. Through the last days, I may have also learned a potentially valuable lesson, one showing that my personal (and private) current view of Atlasia might have been a wrong one. There is a new generation of Atlasians out there. They haven’t gone through the vitriol of the past three to four years. Some haven’t even been around when there was a drive for a new constitution and Atlasia was falling apart.

They’re Atlasians like Peebs, or Mike Wells, or dfw to name a few. Born (in game terms, bear with me) in a time which is different to the time in which many of us veterans lived (and which, admittedly, made some of us bitter and grumpy at times), not only they have the usual enthusiasm that every new generation of Atlasian has, they’ve climbed the ranks quickly and with merit. They can craft a better Atlasia, a less manipulative one, a less vitriolic one, one which is what Atlasia should be deep down: more fun. Today we’ve elected a member of the newer generation as President, and that, I think, may not turn out to be a bad thing. With an historic result behind him (and possibly, the House of Representatives), the President-Elect will enter the White House facing huge challenges, and huge opportunities, and I wish him all the best.

There is also an unsung hero of the center-right in this struggle: outgoing President Yankee. Perseverant to the end, Yankee has never abandoned his post, always fighting for the particular cause he holds dear no matter the sacrifices. As editor of The Crusader I'm not going to pretend I haven't had many disagreements with the President, and that I don't support some of the causes he holds dear. But I won't shy away from noting the deep spirit of personal sacrifice Yankee has shown, even as he had to face the prospect of half a presidential term after the regrettable round of lawsuits after the past election. Someday, I hope, he might be back as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »

I always, come back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087mi1e46us
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »

Breaking:
Blackmail from a Party Chair?

Just how much backroom dealing was attempted?

Due to our Editor not having enough time and resources, The Crusader had taken a bit of a rest for the past few days. Today we're back by popular demand, as many Atlasians have come forward to ask us to run a story (with evidence and testimonies from different yet reliable sources) which we simply couldn't refuse to do.

We have reported earlier on backroom efforts and questionable moves that took place regarding some of the campaigns in the last presidential election, and today we bring confirmed reports that the Chairman of the United Alternative, Kingpoleon, was involved in attempts to secure backroom deals for himself from several different presidential candidates, as well as "muddle the waters" on a potential scandal. Sources close to the two main presidential campaigns of President Dfwlibertylover and Speaker NeverAgain have come forward with proof that Mr. Kingpoleon either asked or demanded the position of Secretary of State, promising the endorsement of the United Alternative in return plus substantial support for the winning administration.

Furthermore, regarding our earlier reporting on the confused sequence of events that took place in the unsuccessful Dfwlibertylover and Southern Gothic, and the Labor primary's substantial intrigue behind the scenes we have it on good authority the UA Chair also made a significant personal push, offering his help to combat a series of allegations and/or scandals in order to muddle the waters and put those issues to rest. We understand no particular demands were made in return for this generous efforts, but we have been told veiled references to future treachery and/or potential treachery were made.

As a personal and ongoing rule we do not go beyond a point in The Crusader, but due to the identity of our sources and the reliability of the evidence presented we have put this story forward in confidence, and in concern regarding the questions surrounding this scandal. What promises were really made? What were the intentions of this remarkable public servant? Was Atlasia close to being influenced by a bizarre version of a smoke filled room?

Only time will tell.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »

Griffin returns to Twitter:
Exclusive images of the former Prince of Darkness

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 11:21:34 PM »

Greatest return-from-month-long-hiatus ever!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »

Wow. Just wow. This is really deeply disturbing.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 11:42:05 PM »

Kingpoleon probably wasn't going to survive confirmation hearings anyway *shrugs*
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »

A Farewell to Arms:
United Alternative Dissolves

Editorial, by Lumine

Frustrated with the way political parties were working in Atlasia and bitter after the partisans struggles which poisoned his presidency, it was the editor of this newspaper who took the bold step of forming a party of its own seeking an alternative option for the center-right due to the decay of the Federalist Party over the past months. Civic Renewal, while small, was never a party to be ignored and remained relevant in the public debate, thanks to the tireless efforts of an Atlasian of such standing as Cris. As it became clearer there was large interest in a more powerful, more centrist party the United Alternative was born to accommodate Atlasians from the center-left to the center-right, succeeding in remaining an important factor in presidential politics despite never taking off as a major challenger.

Despite slight opposition, the absolute majority of party members have today decided to dissolve the United Alternative, thus completing the cycle of life for the most recent centrist third-party in the Republic. We in The Crusader pay tribute today to Civic Renewal and the United Alternative for their brave struggles in attempting to change the Atlasian party system, inject a sense of renewal into our politics, and deliver victory for brilliant and accomplished statesmen like Cris and Rpryor. But we also see an opportunity in this, an opportunity for the center-right to finally reunited after months and years of division that have often worked against the better interests of those of us who share a fundamental vision for Atlasia and its government.

Leaving the concerning views we can see in organizations like the Atlasian Conservative Party aside, it may well be the time for the center-right to reorganize, support our President and press ahead with our fight to make Atlasia the society based on liberty and common sense that we want it to be. Hopefully, with renewed institutions. Hopefully, with the renewed approach of the newer generations rather than a constant and unfitting nostalgia from certain parts of the past.

Carry On, Ken:
As Britain faces terror attacks, we must stand with our allies

Now more than ever, the Atlasia-UK relationship must be strong

A sickening display of violence and terror took place in London today, as the British Parliament itself was under attack by a terrorist attack which took the lives of at least three people, including a brave police officer and the attacker himself. We in The Crusader pay our respects to the victims and stand in solidarity with London and the United Kingdom on such trying times, condemning this vile act of murder and paying tribute to the spirit shown by emergency services and the police in the UK. The White House has also confirmed that President dfwlibertylover has been on the phone with Prime Minister Ken Clarke to offer his condolences, as well as working with other nations to combat the rising tide of terror attacks.

Now more than ever the Special Relationship between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Atlasia bears special relevance, as we must join forces to fight back against terror as the allies we are, and should continue to be. As former British Prime Minister David Cameron once said, "we are all in this together". So The Crusader offers its congratulations to Prime Minister Ken Clarke for his courageous leadership and skill as an accomplished statesman, and hopes that all of Atlasia will take a stand with the UK to fight back against international terrorism so events like the one we witnessed in London become harder and harder to turn into a horrible reality.

Scandals and Fake News:
Kingpoleon fights back, The Red Flag publishing questionable material?

They do say the ride never ends...

Following an extensive report from The Crusader accounting reliable allegations from several distinguished Atlasians regarding the conduct of former United Alternative Chair Kingpoleon during the February 2017 Presidential Election, Mr. Kingpoleon itself has decided to fight back with a public statement. Titled, "My "Corruption"" and with echoes of former US President Richard Nixon, Mr. Kingpoleon has fully admitted the veracity of the allegations we published before, while describing himself as a "product of Atlasia". Arguing that all of his decisions were not seen by himself as "unethical", he has also attempted to deflect the blame back into the President and NeverAgain, by arguing neither called him up on his offers. He has also proposed an interesting "alternative theory" for the dissolution of the United Alternative, implying of a conspiracy of sorts to dissolve the party we find hard to believe.

Another newspaper has been published in Atlasia as well, directed by former President Blair (also Labor Party Chair) and going by the name of The Red Flag. This piece of extremely good news was, however, followed by more concerning developments. The first issue of this new media empire ran a story regarding a conspiracy surrounding President dfwlibertylover's approach to health care with an alleged desire to ditch the current bipartisan efforts on the area. Within minutes of this publication the President and Senator Scott himself came out to dismiss this report as "fake news", with the current and growing consensus over health care policy remaining in place. The Editorial Board of The Crusader warmly welcomes the entry of a new media source into Atlasian politics, but we also warn caution on the stories being published at the present time given the questionable merits of this disproved report over health care policy.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:07 PM »

Will you do profiles on various Atlasians?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »

Will you do profiles on various Atlasians?

Sorry I never replied to this, but no, not for the moment.

Just wanted to note that The Crusader isn't dead by any means, but I've been pressed for time due to university and other commitments. News coverage will resume at some point (we are open for interviews or leaks though, that's always fun).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2017, 09:06:12 PM »

A interview with Senator Siren:
Questions on the Game and Presidential Politics

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lumine: Senator, it’s great to be talking with you today.

Siren: It's my pleasure Lumine.  It's wonderful to have a program like this right here in Fremont.  I'm just happy to be a part of it.

Lumine: Before moving into the frenzy of an upcoming presidential race, I would like to ask about your time on the Senate. Of course, you’ve noted a few accomplishments on your office, but what is the accomplishment you feel proudest of?

Siren: The Come Out of the Shadows Act, without a doubt.  As you probably know, immigration reform is an issue that's near and dear to my heart.  It helps people desperately in need and really symbolizes the wonderful character of our country, but it's more than just that.  Honestly, after seeing so much failure to come together on this issue over the years, I'd become quite disillusioned with politics and society, to the point that I didn't even want to bother anymore.  The whole process of writing and working on that bill really restored my faith in people.  That there's a reason we're all doing this, you know?  We worked on the bill over the course of three and a half administrations with so many people involved.  When it finally passed with the support of Federalists, Labor, and everything in between, it really seemed like everyone was happy to vote 'Aye.'  That's definitely the thing I'm most proud of.

Lumine:  And on the opposite note, do you have any regrets regarding your time in the Senate?

Siren: Hmmm... good question.  No major regrets.  As a rule, I try to stay as positive as I can.  If I can make someone smile, I feel like I did my job for the day, and that includes myself!  I do wish I was better at motivating myself at times, especially when I'm less interested in a particular issue.  I know how hard everyone works on their bills, and I should give everything the same passion that I give my own bills.  That's not always easy, but I'd like to get better with it.  Sometimes you actually learn more when engaging an issue that you wouldn't normally think about.

Lumine: Senator, if I may ask, what motivated your decision to run as a candidate for the Vice-Presidency?

Siren: I've always wanted to try a run on a ticket for the presidency ever since working on your campaign way back in 2013.  I've been asked to run more times than I can count, but I was never quite ready.  I was always more interested in the legislature or didn't think anyone would vote for me.  I wanted to build up experience and give everyone a chance to get to know me.  When Clyde asked me recently, it finally felt like the right time.  I feel like I have a unique background and have a lot to offer.  Hopefully we can really show that over the next few weeks and months.

Lumine: Of course, it’s very early in the cycle, but how would you rate the chances of Clyde and yourself at reaching the White House?

Siren: I'm not going to lie.  It's going to be tough.  Challenging an incumbent president is never easy, and President DFW is a very dedicated candidate.  I think that once the voters get to know us and our platform, that we have a real chance to sway some minds.  I'm used to being an underdog, and I think I really thrive in that role.  It's just kind of part of being me.

Lumine: There seems to be a common disagreement as to what the office of the Vice-President entails, what is your vision for that role?

Siren: I'd say there's three main things.  First, serve as a partner and confidant for the president, someone they can trust to get honest thoughts on the issues facing Atlasia.  Second, there's the duties as President of Congress, which are mostly administrative in nature - ensuring that bills flow between the two houses.  I feel like my experience as Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates has prepared me for that, both the good and the bad.  Especially the bad.  Lastly, of course is the constitutional duty to be prepared to take office whenever necessary.  I know that's an obvious one, but honestly, I think a lot of people rarely consider the implications.  You have to really want to be president to do a good job.  Hopefully I would never actually have to take office, but if the need arose, I'd be prepared to do it.

Lumine: And, finally, Senator, as an accomplished veteran of the game I wonder if you could offer some thoughts on the current state of Atlasia. Is the game working as it should?

Siren: I'm optimistic for the future of Atlasia really.  There was a time when I wasn't so sure, but in the past few months we've had a lot of new players, whether it's just voters voicing their thoughts in a thread or even running for office in the regions and federal government.  That steady influx of new players is the real energy that powers Atlasia and the reason why it's lasted so long over the years.  When people are around for a long time, things can get stale, but new players always bring in new plans and ideas that help juice things up.  Sometimes it can be hard for a new player to break in, which might be our biggest problem.  That's one of the reasons why I'm not running for Senate again.  I'm excited to see who might run for my seat in the Senate, with so many new politicians here in Fremont.  I think that'll be a great race.  As long as we keep recruiting new players and encouraging them to jump in, I think we’ll be just fine.

Lumine: Senator, thank you for being here. Senator Siren, ladies and gentlemen!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »

Close race for President?

Clyde / Siren: 44.8%
dfwlibertylover / Goldwater: 41.4%
Undecided/Other: 13.8%

After an early start to the June 2017 Presidential Election in the aftermath of the mid-term election, it appears we're in for a competitive race if polling is to be believed. The latest poll by The Crusader places challenger Clyde three points ahead of the President, both men being on the low forties as a high number of undecided voters is registered (alongside what appears to be interest in a more radical candidate from the left). Despite the notorious lack of reliability of polling in Atlasia, we believe supporters from both campaigns can find encouraging signs on this poll, both due to Clyde's apparent strength as a challenger for the presidency, and for the President holding steady onto strong numbers in the aftermath of an election which places control of the House in a theoretical right to center-right majority.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »

Presidential Debates Announced:

After some talks, The Crusader is proud to announce that it will be hosting a historic series of Presidential debates over the course of the next two months. Rather than hosting a single, slow debate, it is our intention to host no less than 4 debates over the coming days, each based on a main topic of debate: The Economy, Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy and Constitutional Affairs. Both the President and Mr. Clyde will be taking part on these debates, with the chance opened for a potential Vice-Presidential debate as well. These extensive exercises, we believe, will be useful in ensuring that the upcoming election receives extra focus on the issues, and should allow some interesting ground for discussion.

Should another candidate for the Presidency arise, he/she is welcome to contact The Crusader as well.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

Close race for President?

Clyde / Siren: 44.8%
dfwlibertylover / Goldwater: 41.4%
Undecided/Other: 13.8%

After an early start to the June 2017 Presidential Election in the aftermath of the mid-term election, it appears we're in for a competitive race if polling is to be believed. The latest poll by The Crusader places challenger Clyde three points ahead of the President, both men being on the low forties as a high number of undecided voters is registered (alongside what appears to be interest in a more radical candidate from the left). Despite the notorious lack of reliability of polling in Atlasia, we believe supporters from both campaigns can find encouraging signs on this poll, both due to Clyde's apparent strength as a challenger for the presidency, and for the President holding steady onto strong numbers in the aftermath of an election which places control of the House in a theoretical right to center-right majority.

The fake news media may have put DFW behind, but on election day, he will prove them wrong when he marches to a comfortable victory!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2017, 06:06:57 PM »

I'm a skeptic, too, but "fake news media" sounds like something straight out of a Markov chain generator. Tongue
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »

TIL the poll results were faked somehow
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »

After some talks, The Crusader is proud to announce that it will be hosting a historic series of Presidential debates over the course of the next two months. Rather than hosting a single, slow debate, it is our intention to host no less than 4 debates over the coming days, each based on a main topic of debate: The Economy, Domestic Policy, Foreign Policy and Constitutional Affairs. Both the President and Mr. Clyde will be taking part on these debates, with the chance opened for a potential Vice-Presidential debate as well. These extensive exercises, we believe, will be useful in ensuring that the upcoming election receives extra focus on the issues, and should allow some interesting ground for discussion.

Should another candidate for the Presidency arise, he/she is welcome to contact The Crusader as well.
Anyways, I am excited for the debates Smiley
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »

Anyways, I am excited for the debates Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »

So sorry this didn't happen! It would have been great, but my state of mind made it impossible.

As a tentative sign of a future comeback:

For want of a Chair:
Exclusive images of Labor HQ and upcoming Chair election

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies