The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:40:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)  (Read 17317 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »

Just to remind everyone, DFW has publicly said that the situation with Southern Gothic was a misunderstanding, rather than a case of Blair and assorted baddies going full Underwood behind the scenes:

I would like to at this moment apologize to the leadership of the Labor Party, or more specifically Representative Blair2015, for some of the accusations I made in my interview with Mr. Lumine yesterday and elsewhere. I believed at the time that based on the evidence that I had from every possible member involved that something suspicious had occurred. However, I believe that I jumped the gun and let my anger get the best of me in my actions. I believe that the chain of events that took place a couple of days ago were more about a lack of communication between all of the parties involved rather than an intentional act of "game of thrones" in essence. I hope to continue my good friendship with Representative Southern Gothic and to continue to work with everyone involved to make the Southern Region and Atlasia a better place!

DFW made the same error that so many of us have made over the years and assumed the worst before the facts were fully known. It appears to have been an honest mistake, and his explanation ought to be good enough for all of us.

I am aware of dfw's apology, but I'm also aware of his IRC statements and a PM that was sent to him. I won't reveal any more.
Yeah, I've seen that evidence too. I've also seen the evidence supporting the other side of the story, which is why I believe it was a misunderstanding, not a backhanded plot.

I don't want to get into an argument here, but there's more to this story than most people are letting on.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »

Good lord: the kinds of things that count as "scandals" around here these days. Roll Eyes When I was Chair, we just called that "Sunday". Y'all must really miss me. After all, having to dig so far down in the barrel to find something "controversial" means that there must not be much controversy in the game these days.

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2017, 12:38:47 AM by Lumine »

Fremont News:
February 6th:

With an unfinished, flawed bill now law, what will happen to Health Care in Fremont?

Health Fremont rammed through: In spite of serious concerns being raised by Governor Truman, Former Presidents Blair and Lumine and Assemblyman RFayette today the new Labor majority in the Fremont Assembly rammed through a healthcare bill handing away control over Health Care to the regional government. The bill passes amidst warnings that the current version of the bill would create dangerous price controls, nationalize or shutdown private hospitals and clinics would due process, raise taxes in the region, among others.

Seemingly ignoring many of the concerns raised on the issue by Atlasians across the ideological spectrum and despite a more moderate amendment being proposed (although The Crusader has grown to believe this bill ought to have been voted down given its flaws), both Speaker 1184AZ and Assemblyman Simossad voted the amendment down and swiftly closed the debate on the matter, rapidly passing the bill with a 2-1 majority.

Here in The Crusader we express not only our disappointment at the behavior showcased to pass this flawed bill, but our serious concern over the consequences of this unfinished piece of legislation over regional healthcare and the local economy. We can only hope Governor Truman will do the right thing and veto this bill.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 12:34:12 AM »

Ridiculous developments. Hopefully Truman uses the good ol' veto stamp and the Assembly looks at things more thoroughly in the future (of course, I suppose passing crap bills is better than where it was--if only by a notch).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »

Health Fremont Update: Minutes after our last edition it was confirmed that Governor Truman had indeed issued a veto on the last health care bill passed in Fremont. Speaker 1184AZ wasted no time in calling for a veto override, which would require the unanimous support of the Assembly, considered unlikely at this game due to RFayette being one of those who has raised concerns regarding the bill. While debate and legislation is always welcome in Fremont due to the previous lack of activity in the region, The Crusader believes this is not excuse to passing and enacting outright bad legislation.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 05:34:13 AM »

Healthcare is too complex an issue to rush through.

Even in 2014 where urgency was needed to achieve passage, we still had a discussion that involved members of 3 parties and achieved the votes of Senators from four different parties on the final product. While there never the necessary engagement regionally to follow through on the opportunity for regional activity, the system we created had a backup for that based on the way it was designed (default federal public option). Later, several regions did finally open up their exchanges to alternative choices.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »

By the way, I accept the Governor's challenge. Are you hosting the debate, Lumine?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »

By the way, I accept the Governor's challenge. Are you hosting the debate, Lumine?

I'm certainly willing to! If the Governor agrees as well, I can have it up soon.

Also, I know there's two interview requests I haven't acted on, but I've been busy. Those interviews will take place.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 07:36:35 PM »

I'm certainly willing to! If the Governor agrees as well, I can have it up soon.

I agree.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »

Parliamentary Atlasia, February 2017:

To the question Which system would you personally prefer for Atlasia?

Parliamentary: 52.2%
Presidential: 39.1%
Undecided: 8.7%

While a small sample, this poll is nonetheless quite the positive shock to The Crusader, as a majority of our respondents agreed in principle that a parliamentary system would be preferable for our Republic. With new proposals being floated around, the parliamentarian cause is off to a good start and with potential goodwill to promote a constitutional change that would dramatically change the way Atlasia works, we believe, for the better.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »

Perhaps because there is no counter advocacy. Tongue

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 12:37:09 AM »

Fremont News:
February 10th:

Will the new semi-parliamentary experiment be approved in Fremont?

Constitutional Referendum: Finally, the time has come for the Commonwealth of Fremont to approve a new constitution, born out of the efforts to craft a consistent, effective founding document capable of serving the region better than the old one. And in an interesting twist in Atlasia, this constitution would introduce a semi-parlamentary system that would serve as a fascinating experiment to potential implementation on a nation-wide scale. The Crusader encourages all Fremont voters to go to the polls to make their voice heard, and furthermore, to approve this new constitution by voting Aye, and thus give Fremont a new system of government.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 11:32:50 AM »

Parliamentary Atlasia, February 2017:

To the question Which system would you personally prefer for Atlasia?

Parliamentary: 52.2%
Presidential: 39.1%
Undecided: 8.7%

While a small sample, this poll is nonetheless quite the positive shock to The Crusader, as a majority of our respondents agreed in principle that a parliamentary system would be preferable for our Republic. With new proposals being floated around, the parliamentarian cause is off to a good start and with potential goodwill to promote a constitutional change that would dramatically change the way Atlasia works, we believe, for the better.

Yes, because the parliamentary system for "South America" worked out so well. 
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 11:40:37 AM »

By that metric, I could say that because the Pacific or the West has collapsed a few times then the entire region system is useless. South America didn't fail because of Parliamentarism, and its implementation there allows to learn some useful lessons about how to implement it better on a far more positive ground, with a larger player base, a long history of institutions, and other such advantages.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »

February 2017 Election Update:

Governor dfw (Fed): 51.6%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 35.5%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 6.4%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 3.2%
Write-In: 3.2%

Within a few hours of the start of the February 2017 Election and with 30 votes already (roughly 16% of the vote), Governor dfw takes an early lead barely overcoming the 50% threshold to avoid a second round. Naturally, with such early results we believe the actual outcome to look different, but the Federalist Party can consider the first few hours encouraging, even if defections appear to be taking place in both of the main electoral camps. The Crusader won't make projections until voting is over, but we'll try to keep this updated as the election goes on.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »

Governor dfw (Fed): 45.1%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 39.2%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 9.8%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 5.9%
Write-In: 2.0%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2017, 09:14:59 PM by Lumine »

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 47.9%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 35.6%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 11%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 4.1%
Write-In: 1.3%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 57.5%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 42.5%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »

First Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 44.6%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 39.8%
Former Governor Maxwell (Ind): 9.6%
Former Governor Winfield (Ind): 4.8%
Write-In: 1.2%

Tentative Final Round:

Governor dfw (Fed): 54.2%
Speaker NeverAgain (Lab): 45.8%
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 09:19:05 PM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

This is when we realize that the left has a demographic advantage. Dfw will win this but considering how many votes he got from the IRC and from reliable leftwingers, he should be winning by a bigger margin.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

This is when we realize that the left has a demographic advantage. Dfw will win this but considering how many votes he got from the IRC and from reliable leftwingers, he should be winning by a bigger margin.
only 1 of my left wing votes was from the irc, thanks
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 05:38:46 AM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

This is not true but anyway it wasn't meant to be an attack
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

at this point the exact count is 4
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 05:44:25 AM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

You won't learn to me how campaigning work as I was doing the same thing than you 2-3 years ago Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 05:45:34 AM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

You won't learn to me how campaigning work as I was doing the same thing than you 2-3 years ago Tongue
I'm not a big fan of IRC campaigning personally, I try to do everything on Atlas
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:47 AM »

First Round:

Tentative Final Round:

I'm not a big fan of IRC campaigning personally, I try to do everything on Atlas
Yes but it has a major impact on the prospect of winning
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies