The Crusader (An Interview with Scott) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Crusader (An Interview with Scott) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crusader (An Interview with Scott)  (Read 17375 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: February 02, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »

Welcome to the brotherhood, Lumine! The New World Order has always made it a priority to control cultivate friendship with the media, and we are pleased to count you among our minions supporters. As a symbol of our gratitude, expect a large check thank-you note by the next post.

In fraternity,

Harry S Truman
Senechaux of the New World Order
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »

And yeah, I can confirm that the "Peebspiracy" narrative is a bunch of baloney. I don't know where DFW get's his intel, but that source is either very confused or very dishonest. Neither of us had any idea that Peebs was going to run for president until the moment she made her post in the candidate declaration thread. We were both pretty confused at that point, since Never Again had told both of us he was considering running back in December, but we hadn't heard from him in a while and weren't sure if his recent personal emergency had led to a chain of plans. We ended up concluding that Peebs had the potential to be a strong candidate and that a competitive primary would be good for activity, which is where we left it when Blair logged off yesterday evening. Then Peebs dropped out and I was confused all over again (she can confirm this) until she told me herself that the decision to leave the race had been completely voluntary, at which point I endorsed NeverAgain.

This is the PM I received from Blair after Peebs entered the race (posted with his permission):

She [Peebs] is the type of person who could float through and win- if that makes sense. Is extremely un-partisan/active/served in non-party roles/ran with Tmth. She's so unoffensive that she could somehow win+ or flame out.

Did AZ's poll have DFW as an indie? Something is going on here... Soutern Gothic also told me that DFW wants him to be his running mate, so alarm bells are going off for me but I'm too apathetic to really care about what newbies are doing/have planned over IRC
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »

Just to remind everyone, DFW has publicly said that the situation with Southern Gothic was a misunderstanding, rather than a case of Blair and assorted baddies going full Underwood behind the scenes:

I would like to at this moment apologize to the leadership of the Labor Party, or more specifically Representative Blair2015, for some of the accusations I made in my interview with Mr. Lumine yesterday and elsewhere. I believed at the time that based on the evidence that I had from every possible member involved that something suspicious had occurred. However, I believe that I jumped the gun and let my anger get the best of me in my actions. I believe that the chain of events that took place a couple of days ago were more about a lack of communication between all of the parties involved rather than an intentional act of "game of thrones" in essence. I hope to continue my good friendship with Representative Southern Gothic and to continue to work with everyone involved to make the Southern Region and Atlasia a better place!

DFW made the same error that so many of us have made over the years and assumed the worst before the facts were fully known. It appears to have been an honest mistake, and his explanation ought to be good enough for all of us.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »

Just to remind everyone, DFW has publicly said that the situation with Southern Gothic was a misunderstanding, rather than a case of Blair and assorted baddies going full Underwood behind the scenes:

I would like to at this moment apologize to the leadership of the Labor Party, or more specifically Representative Blair2015, for some of the accusations I made in my interview with Mr. Lumine yesterday and elsewhere. I believed at the time that based on the evidence that I had from every possible member involved that something suspicious had occurred. However, I believe that I jumped the gun and let my anger get the best of me in my actions. I believe that the chain of events that took place a couple of days ago were more about a lack of communication between all of the parties involved rather than an intentional act of "game of thrones" in essence. I hope to continue my good friendship with Representative Southern Gothic and to continue to work with everyone involved to make the Southern Region and Atlasia a better place!

DFW made the same error that so many of us have made over the years and assumed the worst before the facts were fully known. It appears to have been an honest mistake, and his explanation ought to be good enough for all of us.

I am aware of dfw's apology, but I'm also aware of his IRC statements and a PM that was sent to him. I won't reveal any more.
Yeah, I've seen that evidence too. I've also seen the evidence supporting the other side of the story, which is why I believe it was a misunderstanding, not a backhanded plot.

I don't want to get into an argument here, but there's more to this story than most people are letting on.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »

Cheesy

Excellent work, as always, Lumine; I'm very glad to see this return!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »

The situation know is one of an active, aggressive and bold Game Moderator who presents rather difficult scenarios with reactions that aren't 100% in line with what you would normally expect a China or a Russia to go with, and that is a great thing for the Game. But it makes the position of the President insanely more difficult. You know have to make choices between horrible deals and World War III and frankly that is probably more realistic than the alternative. 
I'll let Lumine speak for himself, but c'mon Yankee — I was Secretary of State when Kalwejt was GM. Surely if any Game Moderator may be described as "active, aggressive, and bold," it is him. My State Department had to cope with revolutions, coups, counter-coups, hostage crises and the like in countries I had never heard of and knew nothing about because he was literally making them up on the fly. All of this was after the reset; we're not talking about ancient history here. I know Lumine (who also had Kalwejt as a GM during the latter part of his term) was forced to confront a Middle East somehow even more factitious and violent than real life. Neither of us played the "shining trophy" game you're describing; and yet, we also somehow managed to avoid World War III without first launching a preemptive strike against North Korea.

I have nothing but respect for the alacrity with which the current president moved to address the present crisis, and I won't comment on negotiations to which I was not party. But the fact of the matter is that the North Korean story has been developing for months now, and there was plenty of time to respond in the early stages when we had more leverage and a better deal would have been possible. This isn't about a single president or congressman or GM dropping the ball; this is about a long series of officeholders who could have made decisions to arrest the situation in its cradle, but didn't. Why was the NSC abolished, in the process removing many active and experienced diplomats from the foreign policy process? Why did Goldwater order a first strike on the North, apparently against the advice of his cabinet? I don't know the answers to these questions, because no-one will tell me, despite repeated requests on my part for information and frequent offers to help in any way I could.

Nobody is saying that the president is to blame for all of this, or that she should have solved the problem overnight. That would be ridiculous. But it's quite reasonable to question how we got here, and whether this crisis was inevitable. I don't think it was.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 07:05:40 PM »

Reform Party erases YT?Sad
Young Texan suspected to have lost power struggle

Young Trotsky
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »

For the sake of absolute clarity, and as I have told others in private, I will not be a candidate for president or vice president in June. Though the possibility was considered with some seriousness a few weeks ago, I at present have no desire to return to elected office.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies