Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:12:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago  (Read 8839 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 03:22:41 AM »

And the mayor was involved in covering up a murder, which seems like a crime to me.

You are a witness, a prosecutor and a court - all in one. So is Mr. Trump.

Frankly, I do not see any ideological disagreements between you and Mr. President. You are his ideological twin.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 03:23:51 AM »

And the mayor was involved in covering up a murder, which seems like a crime to me.

You are a witness, a prosecutor and a court - all in one. So is Mr. Trump.

Frankly, I do not see any ideological disagreements between you and Mr. President. You are his ideological twin.

Well, obviously that's for a jury decide after he's been arrested. LOL, I obviously disagree with Trump on most issues.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 03:28:03 AM »

LOL, I obviously disagree with Trump on most issues.

I still have to find one that matters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 03:30:08 AM »

Matters how? Obviously he's terrible on the environment and xenophobia.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 03:30:47 AM »

So are you. No difference there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 03:31:36 AM »

So are you. No difference there.

LOL, whatever dude.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 03:32:25 AM »

Happy to see you laughing. I do not have much to laugh about these days.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »

Why just Chicago? Chicago isnt even the most dangerous city in America:

If anything, it's just redmeat for his base who's still pissed at Obama and his "Chicago" politics...whatever that even means.

If this isn't being misunderstood, and if it actually happens, it will not just be Chicago.

And he probably picked Chicago because he's heard of the total number of murders and how I think it leads all other cities by far, not the proportion (yet).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 04:16:13 AM »

And he probably picked Chicago because he's heard of the total number of murders and how I think it leads all other cities by far, not the proportion (yet).

It also happens to be Obama's hometown.
Klartext89

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2017, 04:30:52 AM »

228 mass Shootings, 42 killings in 24 days???

And there are people here who don't support an intervention?

Honestly, what is wrong with you?? This City is out of control!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »

This is an issue that appeals to many white working class voters and Republicans in generally.

Chicago and many American inner-cities are crime-infested swamps that need to be drained.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »

The guy is king of excessive hyperbole.  He'd be muted here inside of a week.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:34 AM »

And people are OK with this arm flailing?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »

And people are OK with this arm flailing?

Uh, no, they should take away his Twitter and FB accounts immediately, IMO.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »

All that sending in the Feds will do is get a lot of Feds shot when they go into gang territory, but that's what Trump wants. He wants to have his base riled up with a race war.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »

I have to give Trump the benefit of the doubt here.

Chicago is out of control.

It's rapidly becoming a US Johannesburg.
EnglishPete

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2017, 09:19:18 AM »

Why just Chicago? Chicago isnt even the most dangerous city in America:

If anything, it's just redmeat for his base who's still pissed at Obama and his "Chicago" politics...whatever that even means.

There's a very specific reason why Chicago. Remember back in March of last year Trump was due to hold a rally in Chicago. The rally had to be cancelled because of an organised riot of anti Trump rioters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ask0jLjDpsM

First the police managed to completely lose control of the situation. Then when asked by the approaching Trump team they told them that it was safe for them to land and show up when clearly it wasn't. Fortunately the Trump Secret Service and other security had other sources of information and concluded that it was far safer to cancel the rally.

Now of course it was publically admitted at the time that leftist groups were involved in organising the 'demonstrations' and undercover footage from Project Veritas revealed months later that this included people connected to the Clinton campaign. That much is all well known.

But how about the question of how the police allowed the riot to get out of control in the first place and why they told Trump it was OK for him to go ahead with the rally when such a course of action would have been absolutely disastrous.

Well a clue can be found in this article here

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/18/police-union-chicago-trump-rally-chaos-did-not-have-to-escalate-chief-issued-stand-down-orders.html

In other words the police chief acting under presumable political orders from above, issued stand down orders to let the riot get out of control and then encouraged Trump to show up to what would have been a disaster for him. As a result Trump had to cancel the rally, Trump supporters were threatened and assaulted and police officers were injured. The person ultimately in charge of Chicago police is, of course, the Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Emmanuel, of course, will have close political links to the Democratic Party aligned riot organisers

I'm sure, knowing Trump's character, he's neither forgotten nor forgiven this and is determined to get some sort of payback.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »

Fam I found Trump's constitutional basis:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Although I doubt the state legislature would agree to this.

Doubt it would fly.

http://scholars.law.unlv.edu/facpub/369/
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »

I'm sure, knowing Trump's character, he's neither forgotten nor forgiven this and is determined to get some sort of payback.

^The fascist knows his fascists. This has very little to do with any meaningful concern for the people of Chicago, and everything to do with the fact that the President is a senile old man who spends most of his free time being Mad Online. The right-wing posters here pretending to care about gun violence are doing a hilariously poor job at excusing a move that would be entirely aimed at political intimidation.

Anyway, any "occupation" would be an utter disaster. The people being put under martial law in this scenario do not trust the person giving the order, and Chicago has already demonstrated that it has a more aggressive and organized left-wing movement than any other city. People are proud of what happened last time Trump tried to come here. Not endorsing the idea of mass resistance against the national guard, but would be less surprised if it happened in Chicago than anywhere else.

This is the reason why we need to occupy it. The aggressors must be punished.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2017, 10:04:55 AM »

"And the mob threatened and cursed, but the mob retreated because it had met the one thing that could stop it: force, rooted in justice, and backed by moral courage."
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »

^The fascist knows his fascists. This has very little to do with any meaningful concern for the people of Chicago, and everything to do with the fact that the President is a senile old man who spends most of his free time being Mad Online. The right-wing posters here pretending to care about gun violence are doing a hilariously poor job at excusing a move that would be entirely aimed at political intimidation.

Anyway, any "occupation" would be an utter disaster. The people being put under martial law in this scenario do not trust the person giving the order, and Chicago has already demonstrated that it has a more aggressive and organized left-wing movement than any other city. People are proud of what happened last time Trump tried to come here. Not endorsing the idea of mass resistance against the national guard, but would be less surprised if it happened in Chicago than anywhere else.

How long? What if people start dying there?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »

But Detroit and nine other cities are a lot more "out of control."  Chicago doesn't even make the top ten.  No one's saying that Chicago doesn't have problems, but they don't warrant the President of the United States sending in federal troops which will not help Chicago.

Chicago became the epicenter of violence in Republicans' heads because of Obama.  That's the only reason they "care" now.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »

You must fantasize over slaughtering us! A left wing movement never justifies an occupation! There isn't a f--ing massive revolution that needs hundreds of thousands of troops to suppress!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2017, 10:33:07 AM »

But Detroit and nine other cities are a lot more "out of control."  Chicago doesn't even make the top ten.  No one's saying that Chicago doesn't have problems, but they don't warrant the President of the United States sending in federal troops which will not help Chicago.

Chicago became the epicenter of violence in Republicans' heads because of Obama.  That's the only reason they "care" now.
The thing is, Chicago is far bigger and has far more "nice" areas than any other city on that list. The numbers are even worse when you consider that almost all of the violence is concentrated in part of the city that is basically a war zone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies