Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:20:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago  (Read 8811 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »

spicer and conway are doing something like jeopardy....which question could have been the base for trump's "answer".
JJC

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »

I would say Trump lost his mind, but not sure whether he ever had a sane mind.

Without having read the entire discussion, but as far as I remember this (martial law) can only happen with congressional approval. No way this gets through.

Of course not; it violates Posse commitatus. But since when has that stopped the chicken little critics. It must be exhausting switching between "OMG Trump said this thing and if you construe it hyper literally it sounds bad. We should trust him to do this bad thing." And "OMG it doesn't matter what Trump says. We can't trust him when he says he wont do the bad thing." I mean Obama "sent feds" to investigate a parade float in Nebraska. "Sending feds" does not have to mean the absolute worse interpretation possible. Doing what you fear is unconstitutional. It won't happen and no amount of Bill Maher level fear mongering about "muh Trump is uh Nazi Fascist and will genocide everyone" will change that.

EnglishPete

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »

I'm sure, knowing Trump's character, he's neither forgotten nor forgiven this and is determined to get some sort of payback.

^The fascist knows his fascists. This has very little to do with any meaningful concern for the people of Chicago, and everything to do with the fact that the President is a senile old man who spends most of his free time being Mad Online. The right-wing posters here pretending to care about gun violence are doing a hilariously poor job at excusing a move that would be entirely aimed at political intimidation.
So lets get this straight. Trump is naturally angry with a morally corrupt Democratic administration in Chicago that was deliberately complicit in the use of mob violence by the Democratic party to shut down a political opponent. And to you that makes him the bad guy. Good of you at least to admit where your moral compass points to.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »

These past five days have been horrific. Are we past the point where we still need to give this schmuck a chance yet? He's already way out of control, and it's clear that Republicans in Congress have no interest in being even a slight check on him.

Seeing as how he is going to be your president for the next for years, it would be beneficial to your "cause" to try and find as much common ground as possible.

He's not going to last 18 months, and if he does then the US is doomed. He himself is screaming that his election was fraudulent. I don't see any reason whatsoever to even pretend to treat him as anything but a stupid, malevolent crook.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »

These past five days have been horrific. Are we past the point where we still need to give this schmuck a chance yet? He's already way out of control, and it's clear that Republicans in Congress have no interest in being even a slight check on him.

Seeing as how he is going to be your president for the next for years, it would be beneficial to your "cause" to try and find as much common ground as possible.

He's not going to last 18 months, and if he does then the US is doomed.

Alas, the US is doomed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »

Given the situation in Chicago, something ought to be done about the high levels of violence there. Obviously it's bad if Trump occupies the city (pretty unlikely), but there isn't really a case to be made that doing nothing there is an acceptable response. The city of Chicago should be the entity doing something, but if they fail to act do we really just want to leave the bodies piling up? I would hope not.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

THe violence needs to stop NOW, not next year, not in 5 years. Not a single one of you has any idea how to do that, and throwing more money at the problem is not a sufficient solution. 
1.  Chicago has loads of money, they just dont spend it efficently.
2.  Putting more money into schools etc is going to help kids 10-15 years down the line, maybe.  Whats going to save the kids there now???

Trump is an idiot who doesnt know what he's doing.  But at least he's proposing SOMETHING
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »

THe violence needs to stop NOW, not next year, not in 5 years. Not a single one of you has any idea how to do that, and throwing more money at the problem is not a sufficient solution. 
2.  Putting more money into schools etc is going to help kids 10-15 years down the line, maybe.  Whats going to save the kids there now???

Trump is an idiot who doesnt know what he's doing.  But at least he's proposing SOMETHING

Doing something stupid and impulsive is not better than nothing. Why do you claim to be opposed to Trump, then jump to his side EVERY time black people are involved?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »

Given the situation in Chicago, something ought to be done about the high levels of violence there. Obviously it's bad if Trump occupies the city (pretty unlikely), but there isn't really a case to be made that doing nothing there is an acceptable response. The city of Chicago should be the entity doing something, but if they fail to act do we really just want to leave the bodies piling up? I would hope not.

Why single out Chicago, other than it's Obama's hometown?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:13 PM »

Doing something stupid and impulsive is not better than nothing. Why do you claim to be opposed to Trump, then jump to his side EVERY time black people are involved?

F Off.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

It has a lot of people and a relatively high crime rate, so it comprises a decent proportion of the nation's crime. Granted, choosing Chicago is more symbolic than anything. Even if Trump were able to curb crime in Chicago, the problem would still exist in plenty of other places.
EnglishPete

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »

I'm sure, knowing Trump's character, he's neither forgotten nor forgiven this and is determined to get some sort of payback.

^The fascist knows his fascists. This has very little to do with any meaningful concern for the people of Chicago, and everything to do with the fact that the President is a senile old man who spends most of his free time being Mad Online. The right-wing posters here pretending to care about gun violence are doing a hilariously poor job at excusing a move that would be entirely aimed at political intimidation.
So lets get this straight. Trump is naturally angry with a morally corrupt Democratic administration in Chicago that was deliberately complicit in the use of mob violence by the Democratic party to shut down a political opponent. And to you that makes him the bad guy. Good of you at least to admit where your moral compass points to.
Yeah, I think it's awesome that the people of Chicago refused to let Trump speak. One of the best things the city's done all year.
Like I say at least you're honest about which direction your moral compass points in.

I would just remind that the Democratic Party's rentamob is not the same thing as "the people of Chicago". I know you lefties like to think that every rentamob you see is somehow representative of 'the people' but it really isn't. In reality it will be representative of whoever is in charge of paying and directing the organisers. If Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel and other Democratic party bosses had decided for whatever reasons that they wanted Trump's rally to go ahead smoothly it would have gone ahead smoothly. There would have been a much smaller demonstration that the police would have easily controlled. The riot happened because Clinton, Emmanuel and other party bosses wanted it to happen and they controlled the city police. 'The people of Chicago' had no say in deciding the outcome.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »

F Off.

Got my answer. I thought as much.

For the record, just a handful of US Cities with higher murder rates than Chicago:

-Pittsburgh
-Cleveland
-Buffalo
-Indianapolis
-Washington
-Miami
-Atlanta
-St. Louis
-New Orleans

When is Trump going to send the feds there?
EnglishPete

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »

Seriously, I think it was the Democratic Party directed riot at his planned rally last March. I suspect he holds a grudge against Emmanuel for that and frankly I don't blame him.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »

F Off.
That's the entire point here besides Him going to war against His own people.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »

Are you f**king with me? Stop.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2017, 01:46:02 AM »

F Off.

He's right you know.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »

Seriously, I think it was the Democratic Party directed riot at his planned rally last March. I suspect he holds a grudge against Emmanuel for that and frankly I don't blame him.

So you support sending in federal control and military force of a local government expicitly as political payback?

You are an un apologetic Fascist thug, in every literal sense.

I have no doubt whatsoever you and "reformed " white supremacist Sanchez and avowed white supremacist Krazen, if given the opportunity to "defend conservatism" from vaious "left wing agitators and troublemakers", you folks would happily curbstomp some folks bloody. Mostly people of a multihued variety of skin colors. All the while proudly bellowing "white power" I'm sure..

Hey, whine about it if you want, but your obsession with this mythical threat of large scale "organized left wing violence" (which you are apparently unable to distinguish from some college anarchist twit breaking a Starbucks window), along with palpable racism and Islamophobia. Oh, and every single word you've ever posted here. Sorry, but it makes a compelling case.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:50 AM »

It honestly feels like everything Republicans know about America's inner cities, they learned from watching old Charles Bronson films.
EnglishPete

« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2017, 02:53:25 AM »

So you support sending in federal control and military force of a local government expicitly as political payback?
The government of Chicago has done plenty to warrant some kind of federal action (which I imagine will not be taking the form of military intervention) for all their mismanagement. The deliberate use of mob violence to shut down a political opponent may be what is the immediate trigger for Trump's anger but there is plenty of other justification for federal action to be taken.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Did you forget your meds or something? Organised left wing violence is something we saw repeatedly both in the campaign and since then. Your fantasy of me and various other people being some kind of kerb stomping nazi thugs is one derived from Hollywood movies that has nothing to do with reality today.
EnglishPete

« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2017, 02:53:51 AM »

You are an un apologetic Fascist thug, in every literal sense.

I have no doubt whatsoever you and "reformed " white supremacist Sanchez and avowed white supremacist Krazen, if given the opportunity to "defend conservatism" from vaious "left wing agitators and troublemakers", you folks would happily curbstomp some folks bloody. Mostly people of a multihued variety of skin colors. All the while proudly bellowing "white power" I'm sure..

Hey, whine about it if you want, but your obsession with this mythical threat of large scale "organized left wing violence" (which you are apparently unable to distinguish from some college anarchist twit breaking a Starbucks window), along with palpable racism and Islamophobia. Oh, and every single word you've ever posted here. Sorry, but it makes a compelling case.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Even Obama understood that to be the case in practice. He ordered Drone strikes in spite of the fact that they've killed thousands of civilians. Every day of his presidency was spent with the United States at war.

Troll, or just stupid? Honestly can't tell. Please advise.

Is that what you do? Just go into a thread, take a sh**t filled insult at people, and walk away? Haha
EnglishPete

« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:23 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2017, 06:58:25 AM by EnglishPete »

Yeah, I think it's awesome that the people of Chicago refused to let Trump speak. One of the best things the city's done all year.
Like I say at least you're honest about which direction your moral compass points in.

I would just remind that the Democratic Party's rentamob is not the same thing as "the people of Chicago". I know you lefties like to think that every rentamob you see is somehow representative of 'the people' but it really isn't. In reality it will be representative of whoever is in charge of paying and directing the organisers. If Hillary Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel and other Democratic party bosses had decided for whatever reasons that they wanted Trump's rally to go ahead smoothly it would have gone ahead smoothly. There would have been a much smaller demonstration that the police would have easily controlled. The riot happened because Clinton, Emmanuel and other party bosses wanted it to happen and they controlled the city police. 'The people of Chicago' had no say in deciding the outcome.
lol this wasn't Rahm's people. Not by a long stretch.

Just to make it absolutely clear for the hard of thinking this is how this particular tactic for political repression works.

Ingredient 1. Democratic Party bosses coordinate with street activism organisers to organise a large scale demonstration and riot. The actual rank and file demonstrators and rioters are most likely not  Rahm Emmanuel/Hillary Clinton supporters but that does not matter. The organisers job is to gather together an excitable mob, not to tell the useful idiots in the mob who is really running the show.

Ingredient 2. Democratic party bosses in local government give orders for the police to stand down in order to ensure the riot gets out of control.

Ingredient 3. Media allies of the first two help them spread the idea that it was the target to blame for the violence

exactly the same tactic was used in San Jose, this isn't a new tactic.
EnglishPete

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2017, 08:27:31 AM »

this mythical threat of large scale "organized left wing violence" (which you are apparently unable to distinguish from some college anarchist twit breaking a Starbucks window)

Here's the other big example from the elections of the same tactic being used

Hmmm, why such a massively different response in San Jose. Well the Police Chief explained

Hmmm, 250 tooled up riot police unable to cope with 400 rioters. that doesn't sound good. Could there be another explanation?

Oh I see. But what about the mayor

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/san-jose-police-chief-fire-allowing-attacks-trump-supporters-affiliated-la-raza/

So same pattern. Dem protest organisers set up a demonstration and get some local lefties (mixed in with local apolitical hoodlams) to turn up. Dem mayor and police chief give 'stand down' order. Sympathetic media used to spread idea that target was to blame for resulting violence.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »

this mythical threat of large scale "organized left wing violence" (which you are apparently unable to distinguish from some college anarchist twit breaking a Starbucks window)

Here's the other big example from the elections of the same tactic being used

Hmmm, why such a massively different response in San Jose. Well the Police Chief explained

Hmmm, 250 tooled up riot police unable to cope with 400 rioters. that doesn't sound good. Could there be another explanation?

Oh I see. But what about the mayor

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/san-jose-police-chief-fire-allowing-attacks-trump-supporters-affiliated-la-raza/

So same pattern. Dem protest organisers set up a demonstration and get some local lefties (mixed in with local apolitical hoodlams) to turn up. Dem mayor and police chief give 'stand down' order. Sympathetic media used to spread idea that target was to blame for resulting violence.
Damn the delusions that you have are staggering. 
EnglishPete

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2017, 09:24:04 AM »

Damn the delusions that you have are staggering. 

Damn the projection you're demonstrating there is staggering.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies