Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:19:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump threatens to "send in feds" to Chicago  (Read 8913 times)
Vcrew192
Rookie
United States

« on: January 25, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »

These past five days have been horrific. Are we past the point where we still need to give this schmuck a chance yet? He's already way out of control, and it's clear that Republicans in Congress have no interest in being even a slight check on him.

Seeing as how he is going to be your president for the next for years, it would be beneficial to your "cause" to try and find as much common ground as possible.
Vcrew192
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

Usurping local control is unacceptable and in Trump's case, it's political. The whole voting fraud thing came up again and then this came up, which I don't think is a coincidence.

What does voter fraud have to do with murder in Chicago?

Also usurping local control is necessary when the local and state government are just as ineffectual and downright criminal as they city they are presiding over.

Since 1972, Chicago has prosecuted 30 alderman, 4 governors and a number of city clerks. The Springfield machine has been in a budget stalemate for close to two years because Mike Madigan refuses to put a bill on the floor because he would lose the $107,000 paycheck he receives every year from the Chicago teacher's union. And he can never be voted out because he gerrymanders his district, and that of his colleagues, to ensure their majority. And none of this can ever by prosecuted because the state Attorney General is his daughter Lisa Madigan.

I am a huge proponent of state and local government but I'm also a concerned Illinois citizen who is fed up with the Springfield circlejerk. If Trump thinks he can help without declaring martial law then I'm all for it.
Vcrew192
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 02:55:27 PM »

These past five days have been horrific. Are we past the point where we still need to give this schmuck a chance yet? He's already way out of control, and it's clear that Republicans in Congress have no interest in being even a slight check on him.

Seeing as how he is going to be your president for the next for years, it would be beneficial to your "cause" to try and find as much common ground as possible.

Four years, not for.

My mistake.
Vcrew192
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »

Usurping local control is unacceptable and in Trump's case, it's political. The whole voting fraud thing came up again and then this came up, which I don't think is a coincidence.

What does voter fraud have to do with murder in Chicago?

Also usurping local control is necessary when the local and state government are just as ineffectual and downright criminal as they city they are presiding over.

Since 1972, Chicago has prosecuted 30 alderman, 4 governors and a number of city clerks. The Springfield machine has been in a budget stalemate for close to two years because Mike Madigan refuses to put a bill on the floor because he would lose the $107,000 paycheck he receives every year from the Chicago teacher's union. And he can never be voted out because he gerrymanders his district, and that of his colleagues, to ensure their majority. And none of this can ever by prosecuted because the state Attorney General is his daughter Lisa Madigan.

I am a huge proponent of state and local government but I'm also a concerned Illinois citizen who is fed up with the Springfield circlejerk. If Trump thinks he can help without declaring martial law then I'm all for it.

Trump is not beneath using his authority to keep urban areas from voting under the guise of public safety. It's interesting that he is threatening to send the federal authorities into a city the heavily voted against him after again declaring that there were millions of illegal votes.

It should be "Trump is not above using his..."

Regardless, I think it's a little premature to start accusing Trump of voter suppression for offering federal assistance in lowering crime rates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies