VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:54:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VP Pence to speak at March for Life tomorrow  (Read 1139 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 08:40:00 PM »

This is what the abortion debate seems like:

-A man is murdering people, and has been doing so for decades.
-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Four people want to immediately call the police.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.

Lumps of flesh that literally can't think are apparently equivalent to people. But of course its okay to drive an actual person to suicide because they're trans and you refuse to accept that they're real.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 08:40:09 PM »

I have been following a lot of my friends who went to the March for Life, and I am really disappointed to still see so many anti-Obama and pro-trump signs. I am a pro-lifer, but so many other people who are are so clueless. You are not pro-life if you support turning refugee children away and sending them back in harm's way.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

-Nine people are in a room, and are about to take a vote on whether or not to call the police about this man.
-Three people don't actually think that the man is guilty, so they see no point in calling the cops.
-One person says that, "While I personally believe he shouldn't be killing people, I shouldn't force my morality on others."
-Another person says "We all agree that killing people isn't ideal, but his victims are mostly poor people.  And I don't see any of you volunteering to pay for his future victims medical bills.  That means that you don't really care about the lives of his victims."

So they voted 5-4 to not call the police.  The 5 were convinced that they had a moral high ground and attacked the 4, claiming that calling the cops on the murderer would mean the establishment of a theocracy.

Except do you have an analogy for someone who rapes a woman or if the abortion would save the life of the mother if the infant can't be saved? I didn't think so.

In the case of rape I still support the right to life.  The child should not be killed for the crimes of the father.

In the case of abortion to save the life of the mother, in that extremely rare circumstance it is justified.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 08:50:47 PM »

Lumps of flesh that literally can't think are apparently equivalent to people. But of course its okay to drive an actual person to suicide because they're trans and you refuse to accept that they're real.

Well, at what point does the fetus magically cross the line into humanity?  Also, I've never condoned bullying transgender people, so I fail to see why you brought it up.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »

Well, at what point does the fetus magically cross the line into humanity?  

http://www.lemauricien.com/article/abortion-fact-fiction-and-humanity

About 24 weeks is when any form of though begins.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People like you tend to believe that kind of thing...
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 09:33:14 PM »

I don't think that thought is a good determinant of life.  For instance, people in comas are not denied their humanity.  Nor do we deny the humanity of people with dimensia.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »

I don't think that thought is a good determinant of life.  For instance, people in comas are not denied their humanity.  Nor do we deny the humanity of people with dimensia.

Dementia is not a lack of thought.

Being in a coma implies mere unconsciousness, which isn't a lack of a person.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 10:54:39 PM »

So my question is, what happens after they are born, and the parent(s) cannot take are of them? Multiplied by thousands? The Repulicans don't seem to care about what happens AFTER birth.

They may have a difficult life so lets kill them.

Great logic.

A greater logic is to force all females to have unwanted births, and then after the baby is born, defund organizations that help the poor and disadvantaged take care of those kids.

Government giving handouts doesn't lift anyone out of poverty.  The way to do that is by getting government out of the way and allowing people to start their own businesses free from regulation and taxation.  In fact, poverty has not decreased since the 1960s, when we started spending billions on the "War on Poverty".  And, it had been steadily declining before the government stepped in.

Ah, there's that good ole hypocritical GOP "logic" of government doesn't belong in the economy, it belongs in women's uteruses! You all are pro-birth and then you're pro-you're on your own. You all are truly certifiable.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies