Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:02:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday  (Read 7542 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 04:07:05 AM »

I also report anti-Muslim stuff.  You can disagree with Islam or the way Europe has (poorly) handled its refugee crisis without being a bigot.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:10 AM »

He's doing the stuff he has promised during his campaign, so that doesn't surprise me.

What surprises me is that he's doing almost all of it already in the first week, so I'm a bit worried what will happen over 4 or 8 years ... Tongue
Klartext89

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 04:19:21 AM »

Absoluetly the right thing to do, I would love to be an American instead I'm here in soon-to-be Islamic Europe...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 04:30:31 AM »

If one gets their comments deleted merely for voicing one's agreement with an executive order by the President, it is not the U.S. but Atlas that would show totalitarian tendencies, just saying.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

If one gets their comments deleted merely for voicing one's agreement with an executive order by the President, it is not the U.S. but Atlas that would show totalitarian tendencies, just saying.

Just showing that not only you have no idea about Him, but neither do you have any idea what totalitarianism means.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »

Just showing that not only you have no idea about Him, but neither do you have any idea what totalitarianism means.
Goodnight honey!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 04:54:32 AM »

You didn't just express agreement with an executive order.  You know what you said.  Own it.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 05:09:24 AM »

You didn't just express agreement with an executive order.  You know what you said.  Own it.
True, I added that it would be better for the U.S. to avoid becoming like Europe and I voiced my disagreement with the parts of the executive order that cause the selection to take place on the basis of country instead of religion, which was the president's position in the campaign. Makes little difference, though.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 05:14:03 AM »

He knows it. He also knows what his ancestors would have said about it. But he chooses to follow the tradition of Harold Nathan Braunhut.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/opinion/sunday/how-not-to-be-afraid.html
Goes in the dossier for Leip, thanks cutie!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:18 AM »

Your exact words were "Stop Muslim immigration."  How well do you think it would fly here if someone said "Stop Jewish immigration?"  I doubt you would find that acceptable.
Yes. Stop Muslim immigration. Both in Europe and the U.S. Now. It destroys our countries.

If you said "stop Jewish immigration" I would disagree, but I wouldn't report it.

Over the course of the last week you've proven yourself to be just as violent and shortsighted and despicable as Trump is.  Don't ever try to claim moral high ground over him, or anyone else, for that matter.
If you think I care for your opinion of my views, I'm afraid you're mistaken...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2017, 05:23:24 AM »

Your exact words were "Stop Muslim immigration."  How well do you think it would fly here if someone said "Stop Jewish immigration?"  I doubt you would find that acceptable.
Yes. Stop Muslim immigration. Both in Europe and the U.S. Now. It destroys our countries.

If you said "stop Jewish immigration" I would disagree, but I wouldn't report it.

Over the course of the last week you've proven yourself to be just as violent and shortsighted and despicable as Trump is.  Don't ever try to claim moral high ground over him, or anyone else, for that matter.

Likewise, friend.  So.  Ignored. Smiley

P.S. Go back to your own country, because it sure as hell ain't The Netherlands.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 05:49:54 AM »

Best laugh I've had all day. Thank you.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2017, 07:49:15 AM »

Best laugh I've had all day. Thank you.

Well I can think of a certain former candidate for LA governor who'd advocate such a thing...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »

Fulfillng a campaign promise is, well, somewhat surprising but no one is really surprised are they?
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »

Excellent idea. Don't be like Europe. Stop Muslim immigration.

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!

-Agreed fully. A temporary (at least) shutdown of Muslims entering the United States is warranted.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »

Excellent idea. Don't be like Europe. Stop Muslim immigration.

Just a shame it's on the basis of country instead of religion. Political correctness gone wild, sad!

Since any appropriate response to this would be prohibited by the moderator of this board, I am reporting you for religious and racial hatred. Alas, that is the only option I have.
Haha, oh, I will continue to voice my opinion on this issue -- which is literally something the president of the U.S. has advocated and something many Americans support -- and I will start reporting your posts again then too. So much for your liberal aspirations.

Will e-mail Dave Leip about your abusive comments soon. Wonder how long you remain on as a moderator.

-I still don't have any clue how ag remains a moderator.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »

In any case, if I were you, I would be more concerned about the report to Him. I am sure, He is taking notice.
Don't think your theology is anywhere close to mine...

Seeing as you're not actually Jewish, I'd agree.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2017, 08:40:45 AM »

Likewise, friend.  So.  Ignored. Smiley

P.S. Go back to your own country, because it sure as hell ain't The Netherlands.
I did report that one Wink Too many liberals really don't understand the difference between a political opinion and a personal attack. But no worries, I dream of living in Israel some day.

I might add that it's never actual right-wingers who tell me to "go back to my own country", only people on the left who are angry about me disagreeing with them. It's the standard treatment minorities get if they disagree with the left.
In the same post you express a desire to be an Israeli and yet you think being told you aren't a Netherlander is an attack. It was such an outstanding example of doublethink that I had to check the calendar and make certain it wasn't 1984.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »

Canada should help undermine this, bring in the refugees and then get them across the boarder. Perfect way to stick it to the cheeto.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 09:07:15 AM by DavidB. »

In the same post you express a desire to be an Israeli and yet you think being told you aren't a Netherlander is an attack. It was such an outstanding example of doublethink that I had to check the calendar and make certain it wasn't 1984.
I didn't expect a thoroughly antisemitic and disgusting person like you to understand, but how is it not a personal attack for someone else to say the Netherlands is not my country? I think I get to decide on that.

Seeing as you're not actually Jewish, I'd agree.
Haha, what?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »

I didn't expect a thoroughly antisemitic and disgusting person like you to understand, but how is it not a personal attack for someone else to say the Netherlands is not my country? I think I get to decide on that.
I'm old school when it comes to citizenship. Pick one. Dual citizenship is fine and dandy for children who haven't had the opportunity to decide, but adults should have figured out where there loyalties lie.  On an issue on which the interests of Israel and the Netherlands diverged, which would you support?  Based on everything you've posted here, you seem like an Israeli residing abroad in the Netherlands, at least in your heart if not your passport.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 09:40:31 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 09:44:30 AM by DavidB. »

I'm old school when it comes to citizenship. Pick one. Dual citizenship is fine and dandy for children who haven't had the opportunity to decide, but adults should have figured out where there loyalties lie.  On an issue on which the interests of Israel and the Netherlands diverged, which would you support?  Based on everything you've posted here, you seem like an Israeli residing abroad in the Netherlands, at least in your heart if not your passport.
I'm Dutch and Jewish and I love both the Netherlands and Israel. It's nice to know that some racist in South Carolina thinks I have to choose, but in reality I don't. There is no contradiction between Dutch and Israeli interests. In Israel I'd vote for nationalists that without a doubt would support more nationalism in the Netherlands, in the Netherlands I vote for nationalists that wholeheartedly support Israeli nationalism. The contradiction isn't there. In the Netherlands I'll always remain a Jew. In Israel I'll always remain Dutch.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2017, 10:22:57 AM by Mr. Reactionary »

Does this include the Iraqis who risked their lives to help the US when the armed forces were over there?

I need to look into this because I recall an actual law passed by congress giving priority immigration to such Iraqis. It is possible that it had an expiration date however.

http://discuss.ilw.com/content.php?6145-News-CRS-Report-Iraqi-and-Afghan-Special-Immigrant-Visa-Programs
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »

You've never faced real discrimination for your religion, have you?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 11:21:33 AM »

You've never faced real discrimination for your religion, have you?

You may not be aware of the every-day life situation of Jews in large parts of Europe, but sadly practicing Jews are more often than not victims of verbal or physical abuse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies