Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:25:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump expected to sign EO targeting refugees on Wednesday  (Read 7576 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:10 AM »

He's doing the stuff he has promised during his campaign, so that doesn't surprise me.

What surprises me is that he's doing almost all of it already in the first week, so I'm a bit worried what will happen over 4 or 8 years ... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:14:06 AM »

Austria Blocks 300 Refugees Trying to Get to U.S.

Austria has blocked about 300 non-Muslim Iranians seeking refugee status in the U.S. as fallout from President Donald Trump’s immigration ban continues.

As part of a long-running program, Austria had been serving as a middleman in helping Iranian Jews, Christians and Baha'i resettle in the U.S. if they were at risk at home.

U.S. authorities conducted interviews with the candidates in Austria, since they were unable to do it in Iran. But the program, officially called the “Iranian Lautenberg Program,” has been suspended after Trump’s executive order banning immigrants from certain countries, the Associated Press reported Saturday, citing Austrian authorities.

Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Thomas Schnöll was cited as saying, “U.S. authorities told us that the onward trip for people to the U.S.A., who received visas from Austrian authorities as part of the program, would be put on hold for now.”

The State Department reportedly sent an email earlier this week stating that the Austrian government had “electronically canceled” its visas for applicants, warning that if the applicants tried to get into Austria without a visa, they’d be permanently banned from the country.

The program’s cancellation will affect about 300 Iranians who’d gotten visas for Austria, Schnoell said. While about 100 of them have already been informed of the news, the other 200 have yet to be found and notified.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/28/austria-blocks-300-refugees-trying-to-get-to-u-s.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »

I just watched a sobbing NY Democratic woman of Hispanic origin (apparently a US House Rep.) next to an Iraqi refugee who was detained for the past day or so and who was now released. She was talking about how people should resist Trump and how he sucks etc.

Then the Iraqi refugee was asked by a reporter: "What do you think about Donald Trump ?"

The man replied: "I love him !"

Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies