Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:54:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules  (Read 5590 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:16:40 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2017, 09:39:40 AM by Mr. Morden »

Nah nah nah nah

Hey hey hey.

Goodbye.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »

Lady is more alt-right than liberal
SCNCmod

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »

My initial thought is she seems to be buying too much into her own Hype.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »

She is not alt-right. She denounced David Duke when he endorsed her for SOS.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »

She's a modern Cynthia McKinney.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

She is not alt-right. She denounced David Duke when he endorsed her for SOS.

Oh how bold. There's a reason why Steve Bannon likes her, and there's a reason she's refusing to say who paid for this trip
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »

A truly awful human being
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:01 PM »

She might be, but if so it's not due to her having meetings with particularly unpleasant dictators.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »

She might be, but if so it's not due to her having meetings with particularly unpleasant dictators.
Nah its just a cherry on top of the homophobic, racist, and islamophobic sh**t she spews.
houseonaboat
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 05:50:44 PM »

"Lindbergh was bad, but it wasn't because he frolicked with Hitler"
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »

Wow, so courageous! Booker/Gabbard 2020!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »

She is unacceptable.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »

Btw, Gabbard just posted this account of her trip to Syria:

https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/the-syrian-people-desperately-want-peace-e308f1777a34#.2jc43o76k

And she also posted some pics like this on her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/VoteTulsi/photos/a.176069725782788.44124.174866249236469/1292546434135106/?type=3&theater

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »

Logan Act anyone?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 06:11:50 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 06:12:31 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is an ethnic minority.  The alt-right will never support her.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.

Sorry I have a serious problem with a U.S congresswoman meeting with a dictator currently in the middle of committing heinous war crimes.  Totally the same as Hillary meeting with a sitting senator though, sure.....
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »

they already do, but you're not paying attention.

That headline is god damn disgusting and orwellian - "The Syrian People want peace". Which might be true, but mostly because they want Assad to stop killing them.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »

Sorry I have a serious problem with a U.S congresswoman meeting with a dictator currently in the middle of committing heinous war crimes.  Totally the same as Hillary meeting with a sitting senator though, sure.....

Well Byrd was a KKK member. Did the KKK not commit heinous crimes too? Or is all that just an invention of history?

I'm not denying that Assad is a bad person, but if he goes, ISIS takes over. It's that simple. I have no problem with a Congresswoman meeting with him if Obama can meet with Saudi leaders and not cop flak for it.

I'm just tired of seeing this frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for her. Seriously, half the time it seems like you guys want to see her lose every future election she's in. The other half the time is just blind hatred for her. Does she have some problems? Of course. However, unlike what seems like 80% of the people on here, that doesn't reduce me to a foaming, frothy mess who is obsessed with seeing her fail.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »

She's an ethnic Samoan from Hawaii. They'd probably be fine with that.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »

Well Byrd was a KKK member. Did the KKK not commit heinous crimes too? Or is all that just an invention of history?

I'm not denying that Assad is a bad person, but if he goes, ISIS takes over. It's that simple. I have no problem with a Congresswoman meeting with him if Obama can meet with Saudi leaders and not cop flak for it.

I'm just tired of seeing this frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for her. Seriously, half the time it seems like you guys want to see her lose every future election she's in. The other half the time is just blind hatred for her. Does she have some problems? Of course. However, unlike what seems like 80% of the people on here, that doesn't reduce me to a foaming, frothy mess who is obsessed with seeing her fail.

-I'm reminded of

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/ir/Ch5.html

Of course, Gabbard is much superior to Duke.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »

Stop with the stupid strawman arguments.

This story is exactly why a lot of us find Tulsi Gabbard unacceptable. Trying to make it seem less bad wont help your case.
Eharding

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »

Stop with the stupid strawman arguments.

This story is exactly why a lot of us find Tulsi Gabbard unacceptable. Trying to make it seem less bad wont help your case.

-Did you find Hillary Clinton unacceptable when she met with Poroshenko, who has been responsible for the deaths of thousands in his futile attempt to suppress the rebellion in Donbass?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 06:37:20 PM »

If I met Assad that monster would not come out alive of the meeting.  She does not share the Democratic Party's values, even if she endorsed Bernie and is young.
Eharding

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »

If I met Assad that monster would not come out alive of the meeting.  She does not share the Democratic Party's values, even if she endorsed Bernie and is young.

-Again; HRC, Poroshenko? Hello, anyone?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies