Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gabbard Admits Assad Meeting UPDATE: she's now in trouble re: ethics rules  (Read 5702 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: January 25, 2017, 06:11:50 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »

Why does she get so much hate on this forum? It seems like this website is dedicated to ensuring she loses every single election in the future and keeping her out of politics for as long as possible. THis is the same frothing-at-the-mouth hatred everyone had a go at Trump supporters for.

So what if she met Assad? He's a damn sight better that ISIS. No she is not a homophobe or Islamophobe. However, if we use that logic, we can call Hillary a white supremacist for being close with Robert Byrd or working for Barry Goldwater. Or we could call Obama a traitor because Jeremiah Wright.

Seriously, just lay off. You're all so obsessed with wanting to see her fail that soon enough, that will become your sole objective.

Sorry I have a serious problem with a U.S congresswoman meeting with a dictator currently in the middle of committing heinous war crimes.  Totally the same as Hillary meeting with a sitting senator though, sure.....

Well Byrd was a KKK member. Did the KKK not commit heinous crimes too? Or is all that just an invention of history?

I'm not denying that Assad is a bad person, but if he goes, ISIS takes over. It's that simple. I have no problem with a Congresswoman meeting with him if Obama can meet with Saudi leaders and not cop flak for it.

I'm just tired of seeing this frothing-at-the-mouth hatred for her. Seriously, half the time it seems like you guys want to see her lose every future election she's in. The other half the time is just blind hatred for her. Does she have some problems? Of course. However, unlike what seems like 80% of the people on here, that doesn't reduce me to a foaming, frothy mess who is obsessed with seeing her fail.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:44:06 AM »

He's a horrible person, no doubt, but I'd rather have him run things than ISIS.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:50:51 AM »

Doesn't mean you should go sit down with him and then spout his exact propaganda.

Except a lot of the rebels are largely radical Islamists to a great extent. There's not much of a moderate opposition left.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 02:43:46 AM »

Not trusting the propaganda rag known as the Washington Post doesn't make you a Trump supporter.

Dude, I saw you throwing out anti-Hillary crap that was being posted by f[inks]ing Breitbart.

I don't remember that.

Seeing how much anti-Hillary garbage you promoted that's not surprising.

I mean I'd try to avoid disreputable sites like that, but I don't know. Anyways, you're an idiot if you trust the Washington Post. First of all, that means you could never support Bernie since they attacked him 16 times a day.

What was it again? 16 negative articles in 24 hours?

Edit: It was 16 negative articles in 16 hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »

I could continue to defend her on this, but why would I when I just get shut down by people who froth at the mouth every time someone mentions her.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 08:46:56 PM »

I could continue to defend her on this, but why would I when I just get shut down by people who froth at the mouth every time someone mentions her.

I'm still waiting for a defense.

Why would I bother? Every time she's mentioned, about half of the Dems on the forum start to froth at the mouth and call for her to be primaried.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »

I'm still waiting for a defense.

Why would I bother? Every time she's mentioned, about half of the Dems on the forum start to froth at the mouth and call for her to be primaried.

-Indeed. Not sure why they didn't do the same with Kaine, who was just as moderate.

Well there's issues where Gabbard's waaaay to the left of him. She recently reintroduced Glass-Steagall. She's pro-choice, is opposed to wars of regime change, and recently called out Trump for exploiting the fears of his supporters with regards to his recent Muslim ban.

Just thought I'd add that tidbit at the end to give pause to those who call her an Islamophobe for calling out radical Islam when she sees it. Really, the Democrats should be grateful she went to Syria; she did their job for them.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »

is opposed to wars of regime change,

According to the Hillary people that's a right-wing position.

Well Democrats and Republicans seem one and the same. Heck, there's some Democrats on here who make the right look reasonable.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2017, 02:02:41 AM by GoTfan »

Here's your defenses of her in the past:

-Robert Byrd was a Democratic Senator, and he was in the KKK a long time ago, so it's not fair to criticize any Democrat for unsavory associations.
-It doesn't matter that Tulsi Gabbard has ties to Indian fascist violent religious extremists because Hillary met with some Saudi prince when she was Secretary of State and she was the nominee, therefore supporting violent fascist religious extremists is never a liability for a Democratic nominee.

There's a trope for that.

I can leave this article here, but I doubt you'll read it because it doesn't call for her to be primaried without delay.

https://medium.com/@Harihar/rep-tulsi-gabbard-on-islam-vs-islamism-c87b1ceefb1#.gjzwi9hj5

Just remember this when you start frothing at the mouth when someone mentions her in the future
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies