Trump orders EPA to delete all climate change information from its website
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:23:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump orders EPA to delete all climate change information from its website
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump orders EPA to delete all climate change information from its website  (Read 2084 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Independent
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:33:25 PM »

He's a menace.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »

I couldn't imagine being a climatologist or other scientist working for the federal government or most GOP-run state governments at this time. Imagine the frustration of having progress on your work retarded by politicians without an ounce of understanding or interest in what is essentially a scientific consensus viewpoint, simply because of disinformation, campaign donations, and lobbying from energy companies.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »

The EPA should reply that they don't take orders from a so-called "President" who was elected fraudulently.

Instead, they've taken their twitter account rogue, while real people (as opposed to Trump cultists) work tireless to save the data fraudulent president Pussygrabber is trying to censor.

https://twitter.com/altUSEPA
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 02:24:52 AM »

YES!!!

Donald Trump is making America greater every day.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:17 AM »

YES!!!

And this is why mankind won't survive this century.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:11:24 AM »

This wont end well.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »

YES!!!

Sure, it will be great when large portions of coastal areas, including Manhattan by the way, are underwater due to rising sea levels. Really great. I'm curious whether his people will still shout out that "MAGA- everything will be yuge” stuff when their homes are underwater or more droughts happen and destroy the harvest. It’s time to wake up.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

FFS, this is not a game. If we don't address climate change seriously, MILLIONS of lives will be at stake from flooding, an increase in natural disasters, and droughts. When Bernie Sanders claimed that climate change is a moral issue, he was absolutely right. I'll say it: Ignoring climate change, or worse yet, trying to suppress information about it is morally unacceptable. Trump is endangering the entire planet, and for what? So that he can claim that he's "telling off" us lefties? Yeah, totally a good cause. I'm sure that the millions of people who either die or become refugees from global flooding will be very understanding, since pissing off liberals is totally worth f***ing over the planet. Conservatives, if there is one issue where I beg you to consider pushing back against Trump, it is climate change. This is much bigger than any of us, and denying reality for the sake of political expediency is wrong. You know that.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 03:20:40 PM »

FFS, this is not a game. If we don't address climate change seriously, MILLIONS of lives will be at stake from flooding, an increase in natural disasters, and droughts. When Bernie Sanders claimed that climate change is a moral issue, he was absolutely right. I'll say it: Ignoring climate change, or worse yet, trying to suppress information about it is morally unacceptable. Trump is endangering the entire planet, and for what? So that he can claim that he's "telling off" us lefties? Yeah, totally a good cause. I'm sure that the millions of people who either die or become refugees from global flooding will be very understanding, since pissing off liberals is totally worth f***ing over the planet. Conservatives, if there is one issue where I beg you to consider pushing back against Trump, it is climate change. This is much bigger than any of us, and denying reality for the sake of political expediency is wrong. You know that.
I agree.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »

I may be one of those evil "deniers" people love to rail against.. but this is completely unacceptable.  We need reform in the peer review process, more transparency, and a devolving of this "my side vs. your side" mentality in all science... let alone climate science.

This will achieve the exact opposite.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »

What part of America first don't you get? We're putting AMERICANS first.

Not the inhabitants of random islands that hate us anyways.

These EPA hoaxers are apparently crying  in the office. Maybe they will get fired!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 06:51:40 PM »

What part of America first don't you get? We're putting AMERICANS first.

Not the inhabitants of random islands that hate us anyways.

These EPA hoaxers are apparently crying  in the office. Maybe they will get fired!

Fire them all, I say and hire new, unbiased, untainted, competent people.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »

The White House chef's should start importing water from Mexico, let him get a nice taste of Montezuma's Revenge and see what a third world country is like.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »

YES!!!

LOL! Doomsday sayers. There were people saying that in the twentieth century, in the nineteenth century, ... , in the fourteenth century (the black death), ... Yet, mankind survived and is doing great now, better than ever before.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »

I thought the same thing about the Iowa speech (How stupid are the people of Iowa?)

But I was wrong then. I learned then never to doubt Trump.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »

YES!!!

LOL! Doomsday sayers. There were people saying that in the twentieth century, in the nineteenth century, ... , in the fourteenth century (the black death), ... Yet, mankind survived and is doing great now, better than ever before.

Mystical and supernatural doomsdays are FAR from measurable realities in this world. Know the difference.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »

YES!!!

Mystical and supernatural doomsdays are FAR from measurable realities in this world. Know the difference.

Yeah, right. People thought their "realities" were equally "measurable" then. Know your ignorance.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »

YES!!!

Yeah, right. People thought their "realities" were equally "measurable" then. Know your ignorance.

Are you serious? LOL

We're talking about PHYSICAL things that are evidenced in the NATURAL world; none of those "doomsday" scenarios are even comparable.

Say Trump launches a nuke at an asteroid and that affects its trajectory just enough so that it becomes a direct impact. Are you still going to stand there being a hack saying such ridiculous things? Or is it the case that you need to be in Stage Four before you notice what's happening right in front of you?

Give me a break.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »

Nobody is trying to suppress information. Quite the opposite.

We are no longer going to allow domination of only one school of thought, suppressing the dissenting voices. There will no longer be an official truth. A dogma imposed on everybody at the pain of social exclusion.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 07:10:28 PM »

Are you serious? LOL

We're talking about PHYSICAL things that are evidenced in the NATURAL world; none of those "doomsday" scenarios are even comparable.

Say Trump launches a nuke at an asteroid and that affects its trajectory just enough so that it becomes a direct impact. Are you still going to stand there being a hack saying such ridiculous things? Or is it the case that you need to be in Stage Four before you notice what's happening right in front of you?

Give me a break.

What kind of ridiculous example is that? Trump is not going to launch a nuke at an asteroid. That would be wasting a good nuke.

We are not talking about any physical evidence. We are talking about theories which have not been proven to have any basis in reality.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

Are you serious? LOL

Give me a break.

What kind of ridiculous example is that? Trump is not going to launch a nuke at an asteroid. That would be wasting a good nuke.

We are not talking about any physical evidence. We are talking about theories which have not been proven to have any basis in reality.

Okay, let's take a step back. Define a scientific theory and scientific hypothesis for me.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 07:20:45 PM »

Are you serious? LOL

Give me a break.

Okay, let's take a step back. Define a scientific theory and scientific hypothesis for me.

Easy. Just opened Wikipedia and here it is:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed, preferably using a written, predefined, protocol of observations and experiments. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.

I agree with these definitions.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »

YES!!!

Sure, it will be great when large portions of coastal areas, including Manhattan by the way, are underwater due to rising sea levels. Really great. I'm curious whether his people will still shout out that "MAGA- everything will be yuge” stuff when their homes are underwater or more droughts happen and destroy the harvest. It’s time to wake up.

It's time to join the movement, friend. Be part of the movement which is making America great again. Perhaps greater than ever before.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:55 PM »

Are you serious? LOL

Give me a break.

Easy. Just opened Wikipedia and here it is:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed, preferably using a written, predefined, protocol of observations and experiments. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.

I agree with these definitions.

Your answers in bold as to why human-accelerated climate change is real, testable, and falsifiable, with empirical (read: physical) evidence to back it up.

Other "just theories" that have not yet been politicized:

Quantum Theory
General Relativity
Theory of Thermodynamics
Theory of Gravity
Special Relativity
Plate Tectonics
Theory of Oxygen Combustion

etc...

All of these led to advancements that have improved our technology and make the communication between us possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies