Opinions of Tom Cotton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinions of Tom Cotton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Your opinions of Tom Cotton, junior federal Republican senator from Arkansas
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Opinions of Tom Cotton  (Read 3067 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »

I liked him until he took his xenophobic turn and began calling for restrictions on legal immigration.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 07:08:50 PM »

Ah, yes. These conspiring Jewish bankers taking over the world. Or is it Hollywood? Or Zionism? Or Israel? Sorry, hard to keep up with the most recent antisemitic dog-whistle.
Anyway, HP due to extreme views.

Well, he is funded by Adelson (the guy who says he's ashamed to have served in the American army instead of the Israeli one, yet instead of moving there stays here and tries to buy our elections), and Kristol (who's family started the Neo-Con movement, and advocated at AIPAC grooming pro-Israeli politicians). But of course, any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic.
As someone who doesn't remotely support Israel, the phrase "Agent of Israel" is pretty clearly antisemitic.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »

Most frightening non-Trump administration official in the country.
There is something really off about him.  I agree with your post.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 01:30:13 AM »

Move to strong HP as he proposed a bill which could 'crack down' on legitimate immigrants.
(For those who successfully applied for US permanent residency, they have come across many hurdles, and the US immigration departments should have censored all people who have potential threats on national security).

By nature, it is stamping on basic human rights. On the other hand, he was a co-sponsor of the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act.

I really laughed my ass off, seeing a nearly unprincipled human rights violator glorifying a bill which concerns human rights conditions outside the US. Meanwhile, another co-sponsor, Marco Rubio, still has the courage to utter the words 'it makes people uneasy' after the travel ban. From this, Rubio is at a higher tier. He sticked to what he said on 22 June 2016:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I might be a bit harsh on Cotton. But what he's doing is really off track.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:48 AM »

Absolute garbage
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 03:52:09 AM »

Tom Cotton and I have disagreements on foreign policy, but nonetheless he is one of the best Senators IMO, and has a fantastic life story to boot.  Mega-FF and I hope he runs in the future.  Definitely a big fan.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:09 AM »

FF
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

One of the biggest HP in DC.
🕴🏼Melior🕴🏼
Melior
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.17

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:12 PM »

Huge HP
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »

Definition of an HP in politics.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »

Genuinely evil.

Move to strong HP as he proposed a bill which could 'crack down' on legitimate immigrants.
(For those who successfully applied for US permanent residency, they have come across many hurdles, and the US immigration departments should have censored all people who have potential threats on national security).

By nature, it is stamping on basic human rights. On the other hand, he was a co-sponsor of the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act.

I really laughed my ass off, seeing a nearly unprincipled human rights violator glorifying a bill which concerns human rights conditions outside the US. Meanwhile, another co-sponsor, Marco Rubio, still has the courage to utter the words 'it makes people uneasy' after the travel ban. From this, Rubio is at a higher tier. He sticked to what he said on 22 June 2016:

Traditionally, supporting something good (like human rights in Hong Kong) doesn't dock points from someone. Even if that someone is as vile as Cotton.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 06:48:28 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »

The only person in the senate worse than Cruz.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »

Massive FF!  I hope he becomes president one day because I interned one summer at the same organization he interned for in college, and I would want to say that I interned at the same place as the President!
peterthlee
China

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 06:27:29 AM by peterthlee »

Genuinely evil.

Traditionally, supporting something good (like human rights in Hong Kong) doesn't dock points from someone. Even if that someone is as vile as Cotton.

Nope, I’m just frustrated that why he’s promoting a crackdown on legal immigration (which will somehow violate the freedom of legal travelling) whilst advancing democracy causes in Hong Kong.
The bill could be rejected by Trump anyway, and will do very little or none to expedite Hong Kong’s democratic process. The real driving force is the collaboration of the government and local citizens. Unfortunately, the government and opposition are just establishing guerrilla against each other and have nothing done.
Anyway, despite being pan-Chinese nationalistic, I support universal suffrage in Hong Kong.

(Sorry for being off-topic)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08:04 PM »

Massive FF!  I hope he becomes president one day because I interned one summer at the same organization he interned for in college, and I would want to say that I interned at the same place as the President!

Isn't not having a blood-hungry sociopath running our country more important?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 11:38:07 AM »

Solid FF. If Clinton had beaten Trump I think Cotton would have been elected in 2020.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »

Actually frightening
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »

The only person in the senate worse than Cruz.

Was going to say this- heck I'd rather have Mike Huckabee as President.

Cotton is the absolute worse- at first when he arrived his stunt over Iran was pretty awful, but I assumed he was just a standard hawk like Mccain or Graham, but his stances on criminal Justice reform, immigration and Trump show he's really the heir to the Jeff Sessions type Senator. By far the worst member of the Senate
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »

Funny how the Age of trump makes people like Tom Cotton look not that bad by comparison. Hopefully we get back to a time where Tom Cotton is one of the biggest HP's on the block.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies