What kind of parties would create this map?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:52:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What kind of parties would create this map?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What kind of parties would create this map?  (Read 956 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »

What would be the ideology of the red party and what the ideology of the green party on the map?  The gray states are the swing states.  The green states are the most visited by Atlas members and the red states the least visited.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 01:01:05 AM »

They'd probably both be pretty bad but the green party seems to be more diverse culturally so it might be less bad.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:18:32 AM »

It's hard to say, considering that a map which has Alabama and Vermont both voting with each other and against both Georgia and Massachusetts looks vary different from any modern or historical political divide I can tihnk of.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:50:52 AM »

IN, MI, OH, and WV seem like outliers to me.  Otherwise it seems like WWC and Unions vs. Socially liberal bourgeois capitalists, more or less.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »

Washington and West Virginia both being swing states doesn't seem possible in today's environment.   
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

IN, MI, OH, and WV seem like outliers to me.  Otherwise it seems like WWC and Unions vs. Socially liberal bourgeois capitalists, more or less.

Aren't we all?...
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »

Aren't we all?...

Yeah, 'neoliberal economics' might have been a better descriptor, though I'd suspect they wouldn't be particularly free-market given how strong it is in the Northeast.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »

African-Americans, lower class white voters, urban areas v. Whites making >$100k a year, most Hispanics and Mormons outside of Nevada, and Asians

The latter party is more reform-oriented about coal, while the former is more anti-coal.

Jim Justice/Cory Booker(Federal) v. Charles Djou/Mary Landrieu(Progress)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

African-Americans, lower class white voters, urban areas v. Whites making >$100k a year, most Hispanics and Mormons outside of Nevada, and Asians

The latter party is more reform-oriented about coal, while the former is more anti-coal.

I don't think this adds up. If that first party is supposed to be red, you are having an urban party that is losing in the sates with most of the largest cities, but if it's supposed to be green you are having a party of African-Americans and lower class whites losing in Mississippi and Alabama.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

I don't think this adds up. If that first party is supposed to be red, you are having an urban party that is losing in the sates with most of the largest cities, but if it's supposed to be green you are having a party of African-Americans and lower class whites losing in Mississippi and Alabama.

I can't quite figure the South out. I suspect the Red Party may include either a large number of German-Americans OR mainline Christians.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2017, 07:58:04 PM by Figueira »

The green party supports genetic modification, manipulation, urbanization, self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, etc., while the red party is a bunch of Luddites.

Edit: In West Virginia, a new cutting-edge yet controversial form of renewable energy has been developed that has replaced coal as the driver of the local economy.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2017, 07:51:25 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

It's hard to say, considering that a map which has Alabama and Vermont both voting with each other and against both Georgia and Massachusetts looks vary different from any modern or historical political divide I can tihnk of.
It could happen.  Prior to 1992, Vermont leaned R in presidential contests.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 09:42:02 PM »

Green is probably socially liberal and racially progressive to turn off most rural southern whites, but economically liberal in the kind of way that could appeal to OH, MI, IN, and WV. Its an interesting question. I get the feeling that the green party would have a significant amount of atheists running for office under its ticket and the red party would be openly and publicly bigoted against nonreligious people and theo-conish.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies