Faith is - Drag.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Faith is - Drag.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Faith is - Drag.  (Read 294 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 28, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »

http://www.verygoodlight.com/2017/01/26/drag-queen/

This is very beautiful. 'The story of a man who went from the ministry to mini skirts.'
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 08:56:13 PM »

While from the article is does appear that a lot of his desire to be in ministry wasn't because of a true calling to it, the article doesn't actually state that he's given up on the ministry, just on hiding who he is.

Also, and please don't take this the wrong way, but this article exemplifies a lot of what I don't like about drag.  My dislike of drag has nothing to do with those who chose that lifestyle, but with rather the societal forces that make it a lifestyle at all.  The problem is that as a society, we've taken a good deal of what being human is all about and tried to compartmentalize it into about either being a man or being a woman.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm certain that's true for Zachary, but as I indicated earlier I think it's because unfortunately, as a society there are certain human traits that we tend to pigeonhole as feminine traits (or as masculine traits).  I hope that someday we'll have a society where Zachary and everyone else will feel comfortable enuf to express any human trait without having to adopt a second persona, be it a drag persona or some other type of persona.  But until that day, go ahead and enjoy life Stella!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies