How would you vote on each of Reagan's two tax cuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:03:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you vote on each of Reagan's two tax cuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How would you vote on his tax cuts
Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981(Yes)

Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981(No)

Tax Reform Act of 1986(Yes)

Tax Reform Act of 1986(No)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: How would you vote on each of Reagan's two tax cuts  (Read 1846 times)
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 03:59:08 AM »
« edited: January 30, 2017, 04:00:48 AM by Intell »

Why do so many people vote no on 1986? It was a revenue neutral tax reform plan that passed with broad bipartisan support.

But I would easily vote yes on both.

Cause the far left believes that all tax cuts are bad and the only good changes to tax laws is if you increase taxes.

That would be correct, especially if it's for the rich.

Reagan cut taxes on upper middle class people too massively just not the rich , so do you think engineers, accountants who make between 90 k - 110k should have their taxes go up as well  

That would be correct. Also 90-110 k, at that time, would be on the high ends of the upper-middle class, probably top 15% in terms of income.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »

Why do so many people vote no on 1986? It was a revenue neutral tax reform plan that passed with broad bipartisan support.

Cause the far left believes that all tax cuts are bad and the only good changes to tax laws is if you increase taxes.

Reagan cut taxes on upper middle class people too massively just not the rich , so do you think engineers, accountants who make between 90 k - 110k should have their taxes go up as well 

In America, most peoples taxes are too low(Exception: the corporate tax needs to be lowered to 23% or so to keep up with the rest of the world).

You talk about tax increases like republicans talk about tax cuts.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »

This; accidentally voted No on both.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »

I mean if I could take the rate cuts in the first bill and the closure of loopholes in the second bill I would be pretty overwhelmingly in favor of that bill.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:06 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2017, 07:13:50 PM by Special Boy »

I would vote Yea on the 86 one if it was mainly for 10%ers and below instead of 1%ers. Its crazy that me or my immediate senior would have to pay the same portion  as the most senior guy at the plant!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 07:35:59 PM »

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »

In America, most peoples taxes are too low(Exception: the corporate tax needs to be lowered to 23% or so to keep up with the rest of the world).

You talk about tax increases like republicans talk about tax cuts.
i'm inclined to agree with this by now
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 10:05:19 PM »

Intell why do you think Engineers , Accountants , and Doctors should have their taxes raised.
🕴🏼Melior🕴🏼
Melior
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.17

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 08:12:50 PM »

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »

Intell why do you think Engineers , Accountants , and Doctors should have their taxes raised.

You're making ia distinction between these jobs, not the fact, that these people should pay higher taxation, for an expanded welfare state, and social equity, because of their upper-middle class background, and higher incomes.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:38 PM »

Didn't the 1981 tax cuts have to be partially reversed later on because they were too excessive?  Why all the support for the 1981?  The deficit blew up over the 1980s, which lead to the panic over the debt in the early 90s.  Was 1981 tax cuts really fiscally responsible or were they just a giveaway to wealthy special interests and the upper class?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 11:58:51 PM »

Didn't the 1981 tax cuts have to be partially reversed later on because they were too excessive?  Why all the support for the 1981?  The deficit blew up over the 1980s, which lead to the panic over the debt in the early 90s.  Was 1981 tax cuts really fiscally responsible or were they just a giveaway to wealthy special interests and the upper class?

1981 tax cut was a 25 percent tax cut on everyone 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 12:00:25 AM »

You're making ia distinction between these jobs, not the fact, that these people should pay higher taxation, for an expanded welfare state, and social equity, because of their upper-middle class background, and higher incomes.

Heck no to raising taxes on upper middle class people . If you want to spend more money on welfare cut other spending don't raise our taxes
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 07:32:26 AM »

Heck no to raising taxes on upper middle class people . If you want to spend more money on welfare cut other spending don't raise our taxes

Your taxes should get raised, and I do not care for the tears of greed of upper-middle class people in trying to prevent such increases.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 11:59:25 AM »

Yes to both, of course.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »

yes, they wound up imposing a bunch of tax hikes in 1982 and 1984. and not just cutting back breaks or loop holes, also hikes in gas tax and certain goods.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies