What party would François Fillon be in the US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:16:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What party would François Fillon be in the US?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party would François Fillon be in the US?
Democratic

Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: What party would François Fillon be in the US?  (Read 965 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:28:50 PM »

Here's a perfect example of how idiotic "European conservatives are to the left of Bernie Sanders!" garbage is.

Sadly I bet a lot of people would still say that about him.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »

Voted democrat purely out of spite.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:40 PM »

LOL

His own party is shamelessly trying to rip of the Republicans up to its very name.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »

LOL

His own party is shamelessly trying to rip of the Republicans up to its very name.

Yeah but there are people who believe that Bernie Sanders would fit in it.

Actually it's probably too bad Bernie Sanders isn't French, he'd be a much better candidate than anyone the French left has this time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:42:54 PM »

Actually it's probably too bad Bernie Sanders isn't French, he'd be a much better candidate than anyone the French left has this time.

Huh? Hamon's program is more radical than Bernie's, and his style and rhetoric is better suited to the current needs of French politics.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:51:21 PM »

Huh? Hamon's program is more radical than Bernie's, and his style and rhetoric is better suited to the current needs of French politics.

Well I hope so, the prospect of Fillon vs. Le Pen being not only very realistic but perhaps the most likely scenario made me think the left candidates had to be a huge bunch of Low Energy Losers.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »

Holy crap, BRTD gets something totally right.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »

Well I hope so, the prospect of Fillon vs. Le Pen being not only very realistic but perhaps the most likely scenario made me think the left candidates had to be a huge bunch of Low Energy Losers.

You know there's a subforum dedicated to elections outside of the US, right? Maybe spending a bit more time there learning about other places could help you get over some of your obsessions.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

You know there's a subforum dedicated to elections outside of the US, right? Maybe spending a bit more time there learning about other places could help you get over some of your obsessions.

I've only been reading the megathread about the election on AAD.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »

I've only been reading the megathread about the election on AAD.

That explains it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »

Republican. The idea that David Cameron and Barack Obama are extremely similar is extremely inane.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 05:51:04 AM »

Here's a perfect example of how idiotic "European conservatives are to the left of Bernie Sanders!" garbage is.

Sadly I bet a lot of people would still say that about him.

Yep I agree with you on this. Francois Fillon would clearly be a Republican, whether it be in France or America.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 06:06:21 AM »

Republican. The idea that David Cameron and Barack Obama are extremely similar is extremely inane.

I would argue that they are more similar to each other than Dubya and Blair (for example) are.

Anyway, it's obvious to any reasonable person that Fillon would be a member of the Peace and Freedom Party.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 06:15:09 AM »

I would argue that they are more similar to each other than Dubya and Blair (for example) are.

Anyway, it's obvious to any reasonable person that Fillon would be a member of the Peace and Freedom Party.

I definately agree that Obama and Cameron are more similar than Bush and Blair (but that being said David Cameron was never very conservative even for European standards), but Fillon is a Catholic social conservative and an economic Thatcherite, I don't see how he would fit into the Democratic Party, if that's what you're refering to when you say ''Peace and Freedom Party''.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »

Nah, quite clearly he'd fit in the "Workers World" party
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies