Which is more immoral? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which is more immoral? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is more immoral?
a 20 year old of one gender marrying a 70 year old of the other gender

two people the same age of the same gender marrying each other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Which is more immoral?  (Read 5416 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: July 23, 2005, 04:04:58 PM »

i dont think you should be able to stop anyone from getting married if they love eachother. noone has to live with any consequences but them.

Even if they don't love each other. What do you care?

How could you not care? *blink*  I'm not saying that a couple who is not in love but wants to get married shouldn't be able to... but it should be definitely be frowned apon.

Anyway, neither is immoral.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 06:01:46 PM »

Yeah, maturity ages change as you get older, and is why I think you should only marry within your range. However, we are getting off my belief that this is really about equality. A marriage of an 18 year old and an 80 year old is not equality.

exactly my point. Maturity does not come overnight like the law makes you think.

18 is the point where you become an adult in this country. It isn't exact since maturity varies for every individual, but we simply look at 'averages' and determine that people are usually mature enough at that point to make their own decisions regarding marriage. It isn't perfect, but it would be impossible and impractical to make some test in which everyone's maturity is measured.

BTW Earl, is it wrong for an immature 40 year old to marry a very mature 40 year old?

Haha nice try Dibble. There's always going to be exceptions. Maturity is a fuzzy matter anyways, as I said it is more about equality.

What's to say that, if the people truly loved each other, they couldn't make the relationship equal?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies