Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:55:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Peter Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who  (Read 5816 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »

I want Idris Elba.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 06:43:39 PM »

He probably gets Bond.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »

After watching too much iZombie, I think Rahul Kohli would be a really good choice.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »

Figures he chooses to leave after doing a pretty good job (so far) of season 10. I even really enjoy Pearl Mackie, but she's not returning either.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »

Pearl Mackie is a much better companion than the trailers had implied.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »

I want Domhnall Gleeson. Or just to piss off the fangirls Julian Richings.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 09:26:28 PM »

I'm really liking the Doctor this series. I think Bill's a really good companion with Capaldi's Doctor, a much better fit than Clara (who was a better fit with Matt Smith's Doctor). Last night's episode was one of the best I've seen in a while, very reminiscent of the RTD Era. After what I've been seeing this series, I'm really going to miss the 12th Doctor when he's gone.

Btw, to those that have been watching, does anyone think anyone other than the Master (or Missy, if you prefer) is in the vault? It's probably not as simple as that, as I've read that Jon Simm's Master may be returning this series. After all, we have no explanation as to how Missy came to be (none that I'm aware of, anyway).
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 10:14:30 PM »

The 13th Doctor has been cast, and filming for the Christmas special starts soon, so there should be an announcement coming up.

http://www.doctorwho247.co.uk/latest-news/russell-t-davies-reveals-thirteenth-doctor-has-been-cast
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »

I want Domhnall Gleeson. Or just to piss off the fangirls Julian Richings.

He seems to be pretty involved with Star Wars at the moment, and it'd be weird to see General Armitage Hux as the Doctor.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »

This would be a very cushy gig for someone like Tom Felton.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 11:28:48 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2017, 11:31:14 PM by Castro »

Spoiler alert for anyone that wants to be completely surprised by the casting:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is rising in odds for the position.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »

So we'll have a female Doctor after all...
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 12:22:38 PM »

So we'll have a female Doctor after all...

Please no Sad
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »

What's wrong with a woman as a Doctor? I think it's long overdue.

Then its not the Doctor anymore. You don't make James Bond a woman. You don't make Superman or Batman a woman. I am all for making the women characters stronger and stronger, but as soon as they do a Doctor sex change then it won't be Doctor Who anymore.

The Master is a woman and she's doing just fine.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:54 PM »

ITT: sexism.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 02:29:28 AM »

The Master is a woman and she's doing just fine.[/quote]

That was one of my thoughts as well, that they're trying to prime us for a female Doctor. This Master though, is truly exceptional. The chemistry between Peter Capaldi and Michelle Gomez reminds me of the Pertwee/Delgado dynamic (the latter arguably being the best Master). I have a feeling Missy will be playing a major part in this Doctor's regeneration story.

Has anyone else been watching this current series here aside from me? I think this is probably the best since Series 4 when Donna was the companion with the irreplaceable Tenth Doctor.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »

This morning, in the shower, I suddenly had an idea about who the next Doctor will be.  Admittedly, though, it's a bit bonkers.

TRYING TO DO THIS IN BEIGE, SINCE IT'S A BIT SPOILERY:

1.  In "Lie of the Land", he appeared to start regenerating.  What if he did start regenerating and is repressing the regeneration cycle?

2.  In "Empress of Mars", Missy asked if the Doctor was alright.  Does she know that he's started his regeneration cycle?  Would she be capable of influencing who he regenerates into?

3.  It's been established that the Doctor can regenerate into someone he's met.  The current Doctor is aware that he looks like the guy from "Fires of Pompeii".

4.  It's been established that John Simm will appear in the current season.  Has it been established with certainty what role he will play?

5.  Missy would find it hilarious if the Doctor looked like one of her former selves.

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 06:45:13 AM »

This morning, in the shower, I suddenly had an idea about who the next Doctor will be.  Admittedly, though, it's a bit bonkers.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with your reasoning, but it seems obvious now that the original Cybermen (from The Tenth Planet) are probably going to play a part in this Doctor's regeneration (though it's worth noting that that was the First Doctor's regeneration story). They are due to appear this series and have yet to do so. I'm looking forward to seeing the original Cybermen in a modern context. I've always found them to be the creepiest on account of their voices, particularly their inflections.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »

I'm not sure it has anything to do with your reasoning, but it seems obvious now that the original Cybermen (from The Tenth Planet) are probably going to play a part in this Doctor's regeneration (though it's worth noting that that was the First Doctor's regeneration story). They are due to appear this series and have yet to do so. I'm looking forward to seeing the original Cybermen in a modern context. I've always found them to be the creepiest on account of their voices, particularly their inflections.

Thought is the doctor was gone in most of The Tenth Planet and kinda wanders in at the end saying "I'm feeling a bit frail" or whatever the line is. So the thinking is while he was gone he runs into Capaldi's doctor and they have an adventure while the companions do their thing in the original story. So both regenerate from it. This is from the rumor the first doctor will be back at some point too. Could be so wrong, but I would like it as one last Moffatt timey wimey story.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »

That season finale though...
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »

I am so glad Moffat is leaving.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »

I actually really liked the finale apart from Bill's fate. The Master and Missy's last scene was perfect.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2017, 01:18:08 AM »

Thought is the doctor was gone in most of The Tenth Planet and kinda wanders in at the end saying "I'm feeling a bit frail" or whatever the line is. So the thinking is while he was gone he runs into Capaldi's doctor and they have an adventure while the companions do their thing in the original story. So both regenerate from it. This is from the rumor the first doctor will be back at some point too. Could be so wrong, but I would like it as one last Moffatt timey wimey story.

Based on the finale (at least until Christmas), it looks like you're very likely right. They're going to use David Bradley to play the First Doctor. I watched the 2013 An Adventure in Space and Time and I thought he was really great in it as William Hartnell.

I did mostly enjoy the two-parter finale, but I'm afraid they're going with the hard turnover like with RTD to Moffat. I did not like the change from Series 4 (my personal favourite) to Series 5. It looks like they're going to change the Doctor, companion(s), and the Master. I wish they would make these show runner changes easier on the big fans. I would have at least liked to see Bill as companion for the next Doctor, not to mention have Missy return (although I suppose the latter is definitely possible again as we now know that Simm's Master regenerates into Missy). Even so though, there's no way the Master is dead for good. Missy's apparent death seemed too convenient for the plot. She'll either appear as she has or she'll be back after another regeneration.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »

Based on the finale (at least until Christmas), it looks like you're very likely right. They're going to use David Bradley to play the First Doctor. I watched the 2013 An Adventure in Space and Time and I thought he was really great in it as William Hartnell.

I did mostly enjoy the two-parter finale, but I'm afraid they're going with the hard turnover like with RTD to Moffat. I did not like the change from Series 4 (my personal favourite) to Series 5. It looks like they're going to change the Doctor, companion(s), and the Master. I wish they would make these show runner changes easier on the big fans. I would have at least liked to see Bill as companion for the next Doctor, not to mention have Missy return (although I suppose the latter is definitely possible again as we now know that Simm's Master regenerates into Missy). Even so though, there's no way the Master is dead for good. Missy's apparent death seemed too convenient for the plot. She'll either appear as she has or she'll be back after another regeneration.

Michelle Gomez is done as the master (she said she wanted to leave since Capaldi was done) so while I imagine she would be happy to return in the future with a guest appearance we'll be getting a new master. I personally don't mind the hard turnovers but I just wish we would see a doctor last longer than three series.

Also sad that Moffat is leaving but change is what makes the show and I'm looking forward to see what Chibby can do/ a new doctor and companions.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »

By the way, it looks like those Phoebe Waller-Bridge rumors were probably bunk, and Kris Marshall is back to being the rumored pick. We should probably know soon though, maybe within the next few weeks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies